Members of this guild are privy to the secret knowledge of the world, the fundamental basics.
In this world, knowledge is power and power is force multiplied by distance over time. New knowledge is even more powerful, but less easy to learn. The philosophy of this guild is summed up by it's motto: Omnia vero incerta sunt. This translates literally as "In truth, all is uncertain" and demonstrates the might of the guild, for it shows that the members are in possession of the great secrets. The guild cares not for the personality of it's members, for the guild masters are tolerant and understand the insignificance of such things.
The Quantum Sages
The Guild Council
- and his Hrun, Guild Founder & Universal Chronicler - creator of experimental beer with interesting side-effects, slightly confused
- and his Gathelios, Quantum Tuneller - has the habit of randomly popping in and out of existence
- and his Ryzea, Rider of the Photons - perpetual wearer of beer goggles
- and his Mescalin, Devourer of Quarks - lives under a rock which has a precisely-defined momentum
- and his Rocket, Laser Tweaker
The Particle Theorists
The Guild Officers
- and his PinguPenguin, Accelerator Technician
- and his Kaylai, Superconductance Regulator - creator of temporal bumps
- and his Talman Fleigh, Fission Engineer - guardian of the e-tavern
- and his Lord Macintosh
- and his Drogadreerm
- and his Adzy
- and his Jokers revenge
- and his Feedhead
- and his Striden
- and his Stormknight
- and her Yulian
- and his FalleN
- and his Avarose
- and his Ryphes
- and his Aboopheenthyo
- and his Bennet
The Recognition Symbol
This is the hazard symbol for ionising radiation. Radiation is only understood by members of the guild so this is an apt symbol for us.
Our guild is the forefront in investigating the gameplay mechanics of Godville. It is in our headquarters (our forum thread) that the formulae of Godville have been discovered and announced. These include the formulae for calculating Unity and the gladiatorship rating as well as town influences. Only on our forum thread are the secrets of radioactive beer known (leading to the second unofficial guild motto of 'To the tavern!'). On our thread, any member may pose their questions concerning the game, and be answered as soon as possible.
The Chronicles of Warped Quantum
- Day 368 g.e. In the Godville Times
Ryphes - 19th level adventurer, member of the “Warped Quantum” guild, with the motto “DEMACIA!!!”, stands at the 62nd position in the pantheon of destruction under the vigilant supervision of the god Aeson. He thinks that a Non-Pierced Caps Lock slow roasted in its own juices is one of the finest delicacies that Anville has to offer.
- Day 347 g.e. In the Godville Times
Hrun - 41st level adventurer, member of the “Warped Quantum” guild, with the motto “☢ Away from Godville!”, stands at the 2nd position in the pantheon of gratitude under the vigilant supervision of the god Spode. His worst enemy - a Shaggy Vogon Poet. Favorite trophy - something that looks like a mystery box. He is also a huge fan of Deville’s pubs.
It seems that a new town has been revealed to us all - Deville. We wonder what other new towns have just been created.
- We are now allies with the League of Adjudicators. A happy time for Warped Quantum as we spread knowledge of our existence across the land. For some reason, their members are acting with excessive joy. It is recommended that you learn this irrational behavior quickly in order to fit in. We also found a mysterious box on the doorstep. we X-rayed it, T-rayed it and ultrasound scanned it just to make sure, and found an odd collection of friendship bracelets, seemingly a token of friendship. They are now being handed out for all to wear, rejoice members!
- Day 342 g.e. In the Godville Times
Hrun - 41st level adventurer, member of the “Warped Quantum” guild, with the motto “☢ Away from Godville!”, stands at the 2nd position in the pantheon of gratitude under the vigilant supervision of the god Spode. All he ever wanted was a little love and affection.
- Day 288 g.e. Godville Times
Hrun - 37th level adventurer, member of the “Warped Quantum” guild, with the motto “To Dogville!”, stands at the 2nd position in the pantheon of gratitude under the vigilant supervision of the god Spode. His worst enemy - a Bulletproof Drop Bear. Favorite trophy - something that looks like a weakest link. He is also a huge fan of a San Satanos’s pubs.
- We reached number one in the pantheon of unity on the 18th January 2011. Celebrations ensued.
- In the Godville Times: Day 237 g.e. " Vote for renaming the “Warped Quantum” guild into the “Warped Quantum Premium” is completed. Counting of the ballots is complicated by the laziness of committee members from the “Through Time and Space” guild."
Unfortunately for the person who proposed the change, he was the only one who wanted it and nobody voted in his favour. The name therefore stays the same.
- We now have new allies (Knights who say Ni) and have also declared war with their enemies (wiki leagues).
- Look out for our new artifact, scheme of b-quark decay!
- In the Godville Times:
Day 228 g.e. "A malicious mathematician, who perverted postulates of the probability theory, has finally been caught. From now on, all events should be regarded as equiprobable."
We give a special shout out to those brave souls who succeeded in stopping him, and we are especially glad that our theories continue to stand the tests of time. Omnia vero incerta sunt.
- Help us in our campaign to wipe out the 'Quantum Woo'!
Quantum woo is the description for a phenomenon where many crazy beliefs are justified by an obfuscatory reference to quantum physics. Usually this is a focus on some sort of "energy field", "probability wave", or "wave-particle duality" that magically turns thoughts into something tangible that can directly affect the universe. This concept is pushed notably by such things as the Law of Attraction or Quantum healing. When an idea seems too crazy to believe, the proponent often makes an appeal to quantum physics as the explanation. Apart from confusing people, it places false ideas in their minds about something which is essentially advanced mathematics.