Voice of god
Voice of god, Vox dei - this is the way a Creator can send orders and advice to his Heroes. Sending a heavenly message to the hero is accomplished by typing it in the appropriate field of the Remote Control and hitting "Send"; sending one message costs 5% Godpower.
The Words of the Almighty sometimes can echo in the hero's heart. Deities can encourage heroes to Pray, to Sacrifice, to speed up the Quests or, return to a nearby Town, to dig for treasure - and many other things which are yet to be discovered. There is a possibility of helping the hero by giving them some extra experience, helping to slay a monster or making him heal himself. However, as Godville's gods will tell you, their orders aren't always followed well (and sometimes they are just downright ignored by the arrogant mortals). Correct understanding and execution of a command is further complicated not only by the natural laziness of the pawns, but also by the divine communication link transmission errors.
- It should be noted that the hero sometimes simply cannot follow the order. For one example, the idea to stop fighting an evil Monster in order to respond to divine call for prayer seems way too stupid even for the hero's humble mind.
- Voices have a special role at the Arena. Gladiators don't fight perfectly all the time, but some nagging from the heavens can really affect the situation, even given the heroes' less-than-acute hearing.
- Certain messages from heaven will anger the hero (such as repeated insults and bad language) and may cause their god to lose Godpower. Certain negative commands may even cause the hero to do things that can result in their Death. A god is advised to be kind to prevent such incidents.
So, a god that is lucky enough can influence a hero's life. On the other hand, a lazy hero may completely disregard anything you tell him. It's up to the silly mortal to decide what he does. You're the one who gave him free will after all.
Commands and Effects
Here is a list of command words which when included in a voice can cause the stated effect:
- Pray/Praise/Worship/Power: Hero gets down on his knees and prays.
- Heal/Rest/Drink/Restore: Recovers hero's hit points.
- Strike/Kick/Hit/Destroy/Attack/Smite/Kill: Causes hero to inflict extra damage on opponent.
- Die: Hero commits suicide.
- Buy/Shop: Go buy items from local stores.
- Sacrifice: Hero makes a Sacrifice to his god.
- Examine/Study/Look at/Disassemble "item name": Hero examines item.
- Go/Return: Go back to Town; there's some evidence that "Go to <town>" will sometimes cause a hero to skip the closest town and go to one further back on the path. (Note that, contrary to an earlier version of this entry, the command "Town" has no effect.)
- Learn: Acquire extra exp from nowhere.
- Enroll/Join "guild name" guild: Join a guild.
- Create "guild name" guild: Create a guild.
- Quest: Orders hero to return to quest.
- Drunk: Hero will go to a bar and waste money on a drink.
- Stop/Cancel quest: causes hero to cancel their current quest.
- Sending a voice without any actual words (an "Empty Voice" command) will either confuse the hero, make them find a random Artifact of any type, or kick a potential Monster out of the way.
In the Arena
In the Arena, only certain voices work. If a voice works, the blue entry detailing the use of the voice will be immediately followed by another blue entry detailing the results of the voice. Your opponent's voice commands and the results of it will show up in red. These are possible voices:
- Strike/kick/hit/attack/smite/destroy/kill: Causes hero to inflict extra damage on opponent.
- Heal/rest/drink/restore: Recovers hero's hit points.
- Pray/praise/power/worship: Recovers a portion of your Godpower.