Welcome to WardPhoenix's User's Talkpage!
|Old and/or inactive discussions have been moved to the /Archive subpage.|
Select edit to leave me a note here!
Hey, I've been bugging Djonni way to much, on to my next victim lol. There are many pages that need admin input, such as pages marked for deletion, our edits to special pages. Who has the access to those privileges? Are there any users who do, and if not can that be changed? It seems that the devs don't really have the time or interest to deal with this and there are some users such as yourself or [user:Djonni| Djonni]] who would be well suited to those privileges. Is there anything to talk about our is the subject moot? --His portliness (talk) 21:06, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- Hello there, you're very welcome to "bug" me, it's so rare having people involved here these days that we love having people asking question and getting interested!
- As for your question, sadly as their name implies, admins privileges belongs to admins. There was once a moderator, though it was a long time ago (before I was even here, since I joined the Godwikisphere only late 2018) and I don't know what kind of power he had.
- As you say, the devs don't really much have the time to deal with deleted page and I don't think they have either the will to delete them unless those pages are against rules, copyright or other serious things, since space is not a problem. And my guess is that they don't want to give access anyone to those rights in case of a rogue moderator that would delete pages someone wanted to stay.
- TL;DR So basically, I think the admin's position is, unless it's against rules, a page or a file should and won't be deleted. Though sometimes they answer to message about changing few things or announcing event in the game blog news, which is already awesome for a 2-mans (or 3 don't remember) team! --WardPhoenix (talk) 21:50, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
- Hmmm. Maybe I should create a throwaway account and put tons of copyrighted things on the deleted pages, maybe a link or two to some less-than-desirable sites...
- On a real note, just like in Wikipedia someone who proved themself can get privileges, I don't see why this would be different. Spode once threatened someone with the 3 revert rule, so there must be some sort of moderator. Idk. I tried getting involved in the wiki once, but I didn't have much time, now that I do have the time I find that there is tons to do and nobody has the access to make some of the biggest changes that would get more people involve. Oh well, I'll have whatever fun I can have and hope I get somehwere.
- Also, how do you contact the devs if you need to? I would bring this up myself if I knew how.
- --His portliness (talk) 22:01, 25 October 2020 (UTC)