Hi, welcome to the user page of. This is where I stash random bits of game information.
|Hero Name||Marcus Leviculus|
|Guild Position||Grand Master|
|Favorite Town||Last Resort|
Pet history: User:Laetitia/Pets
Amount of gold required for pet revival = 450 x pet level. However, depending on the situation, more may be needed (see below).
The 3 methods to revive a pet:
1. At quest completion, with hero in red health. Gold required: 450 x pet level.
2. After arena win, with enough gold after selling. Very risky. If the fight is lost, then one has to start from scratch again. Gold required: 450 x pet level.
3. In any town, with hero in red health. May not work always work. Taking into account heroes' stupid tendency to waste gold even when they really shouldn't, a larger amount of gold is needed than in methods #1 and #2 (up to 3 times as much). Gold required: Ideally, 900-1350 x pet level, but it is said that 750 x pet level is usually enough.
- Some towns may be more conducive to pet revival (e.g. Dogville). Forcing a return to such a town should not affect the chances of pet revival.
- Sometimes, the amount of gold required for revival may be more than can be obtained in one boss fight (especially when the pet level is high). To prevent the hero going to town to waste money during the cooldown from the first boss fight, it may be necessary to find friends to spar with to use up the cooldown time.
Godwiki page: Dungeons
Map database: http://www.godalert.info/Dungeons/index-eng.cgi (by )
Notes to self:
- Remember to keep searching for the word "point" and "lead" so as not to miss any hints (doesn't always work, but it helps)
- The more attributes a boss has, the closer it is to the treasure
- Corrections for the map database - search for the word "somewhere" in the log to find ambiguities
Town characteristics relevant to people trying to build a temple:
|Godville||0||May get lots of gold from temple construction site|
|Bumchester||10||Items sell for less|
|Last Resort||20||Hero sacrifices for more GP|
|Beerburgh||30||Hero wastes lots of money on beer|
|Trollbridge||50||Hero wastes less money|
|Herowin||60||Items sell for more, but hero also wastes lots of money|
|Los Demonos||70||Hero wastes less money, but also sacrifices for less GP (?)|
|Monsterdam||90||Hero heals very slowly|
|Tradeburg||100||Artifacts sell for more, gold bricks are cheaper (~2.2-2.4k each?), but still not as cheap as in Anville|
|Los Adminos||130||Terrible town, hero wastes lots of money and rarely ever buys anything useful|
|San Satanos||170||Equipment sold is of good quality|
|Godvillewood||210||Hero sacrifices for more GP|
|Dogville||300||Pet treatment is cheaper here|
|Anville||350||Gold bricks are really cheap here (~1.2-1.8k?), equipment sold is of good quality|
|Deville||500||Hero sacrifices for less GP (?)|
These are successful combinations discovered either by others and by myself.
Important note: Boss body parts (and a few other bolds) will not be destroyed during combinations, so they can be re-used infinitely. This may be a bug or may be intended. It also seems that boss body parts will not be destroyed by accident during travels as well, so these two may be correlated. (My theory: Items have an attribute "destructible / indestructible" which dictates their destructability in both situations.)
Update: Apparently boss body parts can no longer be used for combining. (16/10/2013)
Forum thread: http://godvillegame.com/forums/show_topic/2219
List of activatable artifacts: List of Activatable Artifacts
Generates useful activatables:
- Bag of dirty thoughts + Basilisk breeder’s manual = Bioenergy amplifier
- Blue collar + Broken record = Box with a question mark
- Body language translator + Brown note generator = Bioenergy amplifier
- Brick of purest green + Brainwave = Bengal light
- Bucket of anti-matter + Borrowed time machine = Box with a question mark §
- Collide-o-scope + Crumb of wisdom = Continuum transfunctioner
- Cone of silence + Chain reactor = Continuum transfunctioner §
- Crackerjack prize + Cliché filter = Continuum transfunctioner
- Darwin award + Desert rose = Dimensional destabilizer
- Darwin award + Dose of reality = Deus ex machina
- Deductive seasoning + D.I.Y. lobotomy kit = Dimensional destabilizer
- Ear of <boss #1> + Ear of <boss #2> = Emergency exit
- Ear of <boss> + Encyclopedia Godvillia = Emergency exit
- Fallen star + Frame of mind = Flux incapacitor
- Godville Admin bobblehead + Godville particle = Generic goodness in a bottle
- Godville particle + Golden fiddle = Generic goodness in a bottle
- Golden cinder block + Golden trowel = Gift of fate
- Lucky paw of <boss> + Logic gate = License to drill
- Mnemonic device + Moontan lotion = Mole-extracting shovel
- Pair of spherical dice + Piece of old equipment = Philosopher's stone
- Passenger cannonball + Psionic tonic = Praystation
- Pick of destiny + Pointy WIZZARD hat = Philosopher's stone
- Portable death star + Picture of a thousand words = Portable quest generator
- Portable wormhole + Pre-Godville relic = Praystation
- Poetic justice + Portable photon generator = Portable tunnel §
- Problem solvent + Picture of a thousand words = Portable quest generator
- Prototypewriter + Portable photon generator = Praystation §
- Prototypewriter + Portable drawbridge = Portable tunnel §
- Sands of time + Smoke ring = Social network adapter
§ = My entries
Unusual or bugged:
- Darwin award + D.I.Y. monster kit = Can of asteroid repellent
- Miniature siege tower + Monster's diary = Ethyl juice soda
- Pointy WIZZARD hat + Anything (doesn't have to start with P) = Philosopher's stone / Praystations / Portable tunnel
- Secret ingredient + Scratch-proof lottery ticket = Philosopher's stone
^ These may have been fixed by now though. For example, Darwin award and Bertrand's teapot are no longer indestructible. (Sources:)
Mystery boxes: User:Laetitia/Boxes
Miracles can be used for the following:
- Complete quests faster (25% of normal quests, 5% of epic quests) ‡
- Upgrade one or more pieces of equipment
- Killing a monster
- Healing hero to full HP
- Increasing guild influence
- Cause random monsters to drop bold and activatable artifacts into their inventory
Do not use miracles during:
- Boss hunts (may destroy loot)
- Arena fights and skirmishes (may damage opponent's equipment)
‡ How to use miracles to complete quests:
|"Quest complete” miracles don’t happen when going back to town, while in town or after town when your hero is “searching for the right path”. I learned this the hard way after using 20 miracles to try to complete my hero’s quest. After he fought his first monster I got 2 to work in a row.|
Source: This post by )
|Temple progression graph|
- I only started keeping track of my temple progress halfway through construction.
- The polynomial fit seems to be the most accurate for prediction of temple progression.
- During the last 30%, I hunted on average 2 bosses a day.
- Best boss hunting haul so far (4 Oct 2013, level 45):
- 01:03 Notes from the battlefield: The heroes brought together by common destiny have defeated the Summoning Leeching Pickpocketing Overtaker! Marcus Leviculus got 16050 coins, ear of the Mini-Overtaker, a golden brick, a golden brick, a case of the Mondays, a random number generator, a dream sweetener, an inconvenient tooth, a logic chain, a rhetorical question mark, a roadmap to glory and a barrel of laughs.
- The above happened in a fight where 2 out of 4 allies were knocked out, and on a day when bosses were carrying more gold than usual (according to the Godville Times astrology forecast).
- Highest number of bricks achieved in 1 minute: 6 bricks (10 Oct 2013, level 46)
- Boss reward: 1 brick
- Philosopher's stone from boss + 3 bolds (including boss body part): 3 bricks
- 2 successful encourages in a row: 2 bricks
- Getting a GP recharge from a VC that was upvoted by others (12 Oct 2013, level 46):
- 03:39 AM Flipped through the Godville Times. Apparently the new phrase of the week is “Good job, but we need 1% more! Worship your goddess! Dream of your temple!”, Mighty One!
- I'm actually really surprised this VC was the one that made it since it's just one of my regular VCs for making my hero pray
- Also I thought this benefit was only for new heroes, but I guess it's for everyone :)
- Random observation: Encouraging on low HP while traveling or resting has a tendency to upgrade equipment or melt bricks instead of healing (just when you really need it to heal... Murphy's law or the devs' devious programming?)
- Hero may sometimes refuse to fight a monster from his pet class:
|05:43: As the Bipolar Bear was about to administer a fatal blow, I offered it a flower I'd just picked. The monster burst into tears, saying it was the nicest thing anyone had ever done for it, and let me go.|
- The above entry happened when my hero had a lot of HP (232/268). However, I've heard from others that heroes do not usually do that, so perhaps my hero was just in a benevolent mood.