Difference between revisions of "User:AdamShi"
|Line 1,319:||Line 1,319:|
|Line 1,359:||Line 1,363:|
Revision as of 17:03, 7 April 2013
Temple Completion Date: 7/10/2012
Total Construction Days: 313
Average Bricks/Day: 3.21
Last Updated: 7/29/2012
10:58 Looked up at the sky and realized just how wonderful life truly is. Too bad that Evil Twin over there wants to end mine.
11:01 Just as my health was fading, I remembered about my health bar. Unfortunately, it only seems to have infuriated the enemy. Bring it on!
11:05 Just when the monster thought it had won, I quickly used my extra life and felt a lot better. Bring it on!
11:09 The Evil Twin was so impressed with my fighting skills that he rewarded me with a golden brick. Posthumously.
11:09 Was resurrected in a metropolitan temple by the will of the Almighty. Thank you, Great One!
I suppose I should have helped him out a bit more considering I watched him die. But who would have thought a full health bar and 2 healing potions wouldn't be enough?
10:12 The price for an Invite to Godville here is ridiculous, it was only 5119 gold coins. But I'm a ridiculous person.
This was in Beerburg of all places. Of course he wasted all the money and then some throwing it down a well, but still an impressive amount from an invite.
11:20 I left the hospital and noticed I was 5 gold coins short. I assume I had a really good time last night.
This entry got me a pretty good standing in the Pantheon of Lightweights. Good times.
22:55 Attended a concert by the Wandering Elven Bard. Man, it was awesome, though the ticket was quite pricey. I paid 6398 coins for it.
Best. Concert. Ever.
09:48 The price of the a golden brick here is ridiculous, it was only 2479 coins. But I'm a ridiculous person.
Not a bad price in Godville!
Quest to Build a Temple Without Buying Charges
Other = Posthumous Bricks, Skirmishes, Boss Monsters or Wanted Monsters
Strategy: Being aware of when your hero has more than 3000 gold can be accomplished with the notifications from the phone app or Google Chrome. I save my charges for transmuters or for boss battles if they have loot that is worth using them for. I do NOT use charges to attempt melting. If I fail with the GP I have, I give my hero a chance to purchase a brick on his own. Accumulating charges takes 100% GP and leaves you with 0 left for a while.
I also try to stay away from mystery boxes/continuum transfunctioners/etc. They are fun, but the return for the GP spent is just not good enough in my opinion. First off, you will most likely get a pile of gold and will be left with a maximum of 50% GP to attempt melting. You may also lose a death or gain EXP, both very good but do nothing for your temple. Spending GP for a bad result is the worst and you may even lose a brick. Post temple I plan on opening every mystery box I see and will use charges to do so.
I also stay away from other activatables. Auras don't give a good enough return for GP spent and they normally sell for a lot of gold that can be used for melting. Same goes for healing activatables. I will activate a praystation if selling it won't get me enough gold to melt.
While your hero is a low level, feel free to send him to the arena often. Gold is hard to come by and arena bricks can be much easier to get. You will use charges and you may have to use that accumulate button between battles but there isn't a whole lot you can do with less than 3000 gold and 100% GP anyway.
As a final reminder - these tips are my own gained by trial and error. See the sections below for the data to back up some of the claims. If you purchase charges the game changes considerably and you can get your temple much more quickly.
1. First things first - keeping a pet alive will interfere with building your temple. Do you really want to keep your pet? A level 29 pet can cost almost 13,000 gold to bring back... quite a feat if you don't have a temple. And higher level pets are much cooler than that dust bunny or sun dog. Post-temple you get a steady stream of gold from the temple and you no longer have to fear melting all your gold away unintentionally.
2. If you answered yes to the question above, then you will need approximately 450 gold coins times the level of your pet. Your hero is the only one who can bring your pet back and he has 60 hours to do so. Your job is to help with the gold and timing the resurrection.
3. The resurrection can only occur during the "praying" phase of your hero's trip to town. Unfortunately that is the last step in his journey, right after buying stuff/bricks and drinking/gambling/going to concerts/other gold wasting pits. If you want him to skip all that stuff, he must have just finished a quest and his health must be in the "red" (ie, very low).
4. To get extra gold - send a "dig" command every 45 seconds or so while on the trip back to Godville at the end of your quest. This can get you quite a bit of gold.
5. If your hero's health isn't in the red, you can use the "punish" button but that may melt a brick so be careful to do it when you have less than 3000 gold.
6. To finish your quest more quickly, use the "complete quest" command or use the "heal" command to stay questing longer between trips to the town.
Mystery Box Experiment
Assuming an average of 1 brick melted for every 100% GP used, this equals approximately 179 GP used per brick. If it takes 125% GP to melt a brick (closer to what I experienced) then it takes approximately 199 GP per brick.
Best Time to Melt
The data above is compiled from 451 attempts at melting. It doesn't seem to matter where a hero is or what he is doing when melting and it seems the overall melting rate for gold amounts between 3000 and 5999 is 20% or one in every five attempts.
I decided to break out my attempts to melt when I have over 6000 gold as I seem to have a much higher chance to melt at that point.
Gold Sacrificed vs GP Gained
|Last Resort||20||3-5 gc/%|
|Los Demonos||70||20 gc/%|
|Los Adminos||130||? gc/%|
|San Satanos||170||? gc/%|
You gain 20% GP for the first 100 coins sacrificed and an additional 1% GP at the rates above. Last Resort gives the best returns and the worst returns happen at Los Demonos (followed closely by Deville). If you have extra gold in Last Resort feel free to spend it, your hero will most likely fill your godpower bar completely! Sorry towho discovered there doesn't seem to be a maximum in the amount your hero can sacrifice (5k+)!