|This fresh vision by Terezka (U • C • T) has entered the reviewing process. It will be reviewed by a volunteer editor. Edits are visible in the and feedback to be addressed will be on the talk page (you can tell the author how great it is there, too).|
The Whinery is a tavern that specialises in talk therapy for weary heroes and heroines. People often confuse it with a dedicated wine bar, but they're mistaken. Our unofficial slogan is: "It's just wine. If you can taste something else, we probably haven't washed your glass very well...."
All of The Whinery staff are highly trained and professional. We all have experience working as therapists, and they can listen to your whining all day and all night long. And, in contrast to The Rumor Mill, we're bound by barman-client (semi)confidentiality, so your trouble might be heard of somewhere else, but your name is unlikely to come up. We don't know anything about wine, so, please, just stop asking.
The Whinery also staffs a physical therapist and a couple of masseurs on site to relieve the tension and aches of tired travellers and vanquished heroes and heroines returning from the arena. Newly, every Thursday is the Vanquers Choice, where all noble defeated heroes get 2-for-1 drinks of their choice.
We offer a wide range of various drinks. Mostly beers, cocktails and spirits. However, people seem to keep asking us about our selection of wines, so here it is in its full glory:
- Red Wine — made out of real certified red grapes
- White Wine — made out of real certified white grapes
- Bubbly wineLimited edition! — got 'em bubbles!
What else would you want from us?! Just choose your colour.
Our menu consists mainly of comfort foods to suit the needs of our customers. The most popular ones being Headless Chicken soup and Chocolate Moose Mousse. Some of our other popular dishes include:
- Cyborganic Chicken Roast
- Funky Beet Borscht
- Giant Pile of Mashed Potatoes
- Grandma's Hot Apple Pie — guaranteed to be freshly stolen from a genuine local grandma.
- Literally Anything Fried — bring anything to our waiter and it will come back to you fried in beer-batter.
- Revenge Vindaloo — best served extra hot.
- Silent Lamb Pierogies
For a reasonable fee, our team will prepare any comfort meal you like. You just have to provide them with the recipe and any non-standard ingredients, and be able to withstand our chef's reaction to you teaching him a new recipe.
References and footnotes
- At least 5 different people from the vineyard looked at the grapes and said: "Yup, it's red all right!"
- At least 5 different people from the vineyard looked at the grapes and said: "Uhm, let's call it white..."
- "Ugh, boss?! There are bubbles in this batch... Dunno why!" --Anonymous employee (definitely not Brad)
- Chef Randy comments: "Actually, this often starts as a regular chicken, buuut... customers just like fancy ingredients."
|Taverns and Bars|
|All Inn • At the Dragon • The Battle Toad • Boatmurdered • Caravanserai • The Den of Iniquity • The Drunken Clam • Dunquestin • The Glass Cannon • Khaki-colored Dragon • The Mended Drum • Molotov's Cocktail Bar • Progress Bar • The Rumor Mill • The Rusty Goblin • Shepherd’s Stuff • Space Bar • The Sword & Sandal • The Whinery|