This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the JanuWiki 2019 article.
|Old and/or inactive discussions have been moved to the archive subpage.|
The original discussions of Side Job rewards from this page can be found at Talk:JanuWiki 2019/Archive.
JanuWiki 2019 Current Status
- After-action/post-mortem discussion may commence at anyone's discretion.
- First of all, thank you, everyone, for every effort you've made to bring JanuWiki to a successful close. I don't think it would have worked without all of us.
- Before I forget in all of the happiness of jobs well done, I wanted to bring up a few concerns about this time through JanuWiki:
- 1. There were no Side Jobs or rewards acknowledging the work of the people who created the templates and the article starters. That's a severe lack we need to remedy next time.
- 2. Is there anything we need to worry about in some of the copyright infringements for imagery from this time? It's... not entirely ethical, and it might open Godville to some form of legal censure.
- Otherwise, wow!! This was awesome!--SourceRunner (talk) 15:08, 19 February 2019 (UTC)
It was a team work, let's try doing even better next time!
- 1 : Can't argue against that.
- 2: This is a thing we can hardly do something about i'd say. We can't track every existing picture on the wiki to know if they have a copyright or not (it is supposed to be something the uploader should care about, even if it's not easy). I guess that if there is an issue for a picture, the picture will just be deleted from the GodWiki one way or another.
In term of short-term concern I have
- 3: JanuWiki nav-box : should we delete it from every concerned post or leave it as a memento?
- 4: Archiving the event page. Maybe we should have a "GodWiki events" page and/or category from which we could archive the events one way or another, also opening the opportunity to have a talk page for potential events.
There is a lot of things to see for upcomming events, but i don't thinks it's more long-term concerns (less "urgent") to have a healthy environnement for the future.
- 5: Having all main templates (Artifact/monster/Equipment/Town and maybe Skills/Taverns/Places) up-to date and applied on already existing concerned articles (already started)
- 6: Categorise every page (put in my to-do list don't worry)
- 7: Fixing the issue of the potential errors of lists, as it may have some issues with dupes/spellings (see my talk page), necessary to apply my point n°8 below.
And for the future events themselves:
- 8: Maybe avoiding a list of articles like that was made. People tends to not looks at others potentials articles other than those in the list. Maybe we should instead put "There the list of stubs/Picture missing/articles missing/etc, and keep the themes for the sides jobs.
- 9: More advertising! Even a offer of 250 charges didn't made the Harvest Moon members move, probably because it went under the radar.