Pets (part 3): The Pet Medal
In only 6 to 9 months, this could be yours!
What is the pet medal?
The pet or “breeder medal” 畜 is awarded to God/desses who keep raise their hero’s pet up to level 30. Pets that get knocked out and are not revived within the allotted 60 hours become “levelless” and will not help you work towards this achievement.
How do I get it?
Keep the pet alive. Should it get knocked out, you need around 450 gold coins per level of the pet. Example: level 10 pet will need a maximum of 4500 gold (always best to have more). You can dig to find gold, arena and win, or finish an epic quest if you’re lucky. There is also a group on Palringo to help: HM's Pet Cemetery
Why should I try to get it?
You get a badge next to your name to show everyone you achieved this goal, it’s also one of the Achievements in the game. Sometimes, the medal will prevent your pet being knocked out. If you choose to not revive and you release your pet after it reaches level 30, you still get to keep the medal.
Next week: Golden Bricks Explained
At Home with Bella Stewart
| Advice from the Mavin of the Macabre, the Mistress of Mystery, our very own Empress: Bellatrixie The Strange!
I don't know about you, but now that the holidays are over and no one is giving me gifts or plying me with food, eggnog and champagne, I'm feeling pretty darned bored. I'll bet you are, too. So, this past week I tried to find ways to cure myself of the winter blahs. Maybe they'll work for you, too.
- Short-sheet all the beds in the guild hall (except mine, of course), then mock your guild mates as they remake their beds. (So fun!)
- Make an origami Multi-legged Luggage. (You may get extremely frustrated and irritable, but you won't be bored. And torching it off when you give up is satisfying.)
- Tell a bunch of small children that there is no Santa. (Warning: make sure no parents are present. Yes, that's how I got my black eye.)
- Target other Gods' temples with the pup-a-pult. (I'll replenish all the puppies I used on Mort's.)
- Liberally shake cayenne pepper onto a platter of kitten sammiches and hide all beverages except Dark Flame. (Warning: don't plan on getting any sleep until everyone passes out.)
- Vote everything down in the Ideabox. (Evidently, tons of people had this idea before I did.)
- See how many times you can punish your hero in ten minutes without killing him. (If he dies, you have to start over. Galldemort is still smoldering.)
- Try to balance a penguin smoothie on your head while walking from one end of the guild hall to the other. (This is hard! And messy.)
- Recite the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody backwards. (.....put man a killed just Momma. Whew!)
- And, of course, there's the old standby: kicking puppies in half. Always sure to please!
So, feeling blah? Try some of these remedies, or invent your own! Winter can’t last forever, can it?
Next week: Meh. I don't know. I'm too bored to figure that out right now.
Down in the dumps about your home or temple's decor? Send Bellatrixie the Strange (aka Bella Stewart) your questions directly or submit them to any member of the newspaper staff.
Get To Know a Deity
Here we sit down weekly with a Harvest Moon warrior and find out what makes them tick. This week’s Deity is Blood Council-member and Goddess extraordinaire: Mistress of Science 庙畜
She blinded me with science!
- Q: What is your favorite salty snack?
- A: Really anything flavored with the tears of virgins. That or Cheetos.
- Q: What song do you love to dance to?
- A: Michael Jackson's Bad. I prefer to sit out, however, and watch the minion dance to avoid lightning.
- Q: What GV pet would you like to have?
- A: An Omnomnomnivore. Seems like it would know some good recipes.
- Q: What are your hero’s marketable skills?
- A: Hmm. Well he's very good at not listening and talking over me, so maybe he'd be a good DMV or call center employee.
- Q: Do you get emotional using Encourage when in times of crisis?
- A: By emotional, do you mean excited? Then yes! For every encourage I have the chance to hammer him with punishments in order to retain my alignment.
- Q: Do you have any hidden talents?
- A: No, I proudly display all my Ancient Roman currency.
If you have a burning question for Harvest Moon's Deities, please submit them to the staff. Thank you!
Famous HM Heroes This Week
|#740 GODVILLE TIMES Day 979 g.e.
|The Dart - 70th-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “Its got fangs!”, stands at the 169th position in the pantheon of gratitude under the vigilant supervision of the god Tradwolley . His worst enemy - a Tongue Twister. Favorite trophy - something that looks like a free lunch. He is also a huge fan of Los Adminos’s pubs.
No-Influence Tournament In Full Swing!
|As of press time, Round One is complete and Round Two is almost done. Facing off in the semi-final is Divine Dark Queen vs Absent Goddess and Manhernandez295 will face either Erissa of Chaos or Tao Zen . The two winners will then face off to see who takes home the first and second place prizes while the two less successful God/desses’ hero/ines will square off for the honor (or charges) that comes with being crowned third and fourth place winner.
You can follow the action at https://sites.google.com/site/harvestmoonguild/hmtr. The No-Influence Tournament is held quarterly, so get ready for April if you weren’t able to make this one!
Member of the Week
Get to know a newer member of Harvest Moon! This week's guest is: SilentBob187
He speaks!! ...Quite a bit, actually.
- Q: How did you choose HM?
- A: Zostacular, a friend from other games, suggested I try out Godville and join his guild. I've been hooked ever since.
- Q: Where does your hero hide his coin purse?
- A: Under a rocket that says "No coin purse here," in permanent ink.
- Q: Name something(s) you and your hero have in common.
- A: When it really matters, we both fall victim to The Great Random's less supportive side.
- Q: What is the best advice you’ve gotten from another God or Goddess?
- A: Melt more coin, alchemical transmuters are amazing, and never walk away from an arena fight/skirmish if you think you're winning.
- Q: What toppings do you like on your kitten sammiches?
- A: Sardines and Thousand Island dressing.
What would you like to know about your Harvest Moon guild mates? Submit your questions to any member of the Weekly Harvest staff!
|Selling Evil Since Day 898 g.e.
|Wanted: Sparring partners. We have a couple of members getting really close to their Coach achievement. If you have an invite, add them next time they pop up in guild council asking for spars. They’re pretty great folks to have on your list. You won’t be sorry you did.
|Lost: Guild Initiation paddle. Last seen at the initiation of Happy Bunny . On Friday at 2 AM PST, the lights will go out for 15 minutes. Should the paddle “magically resurface” at this time, there will be no questions asked. DO NOT make us come looking for it.
|Wanted: Information on Silver Raven Piracy Guild. Talk to the duck behind the theater. Will pay for solid leads.
|Reply: To the “handyman in search of arms,” I have 3.5 pair. All yours. Price negotiable. Post meet in next week’s paper if you’re interested.
|Personal: Single, green, dragon-god seeks unattached, virginal female for relatively short-term relationship. Just tether yourself to the stake on the south side of the River Stinks at the next full moon.
Doctor Frank's Advice Corner
|Dear Dr. Frank,
I have some great ideas that I think would help out guild a lot. How do I communicate these?
Signed, I’d like to help!
Dearest Helpy Helperson,
Great ideas are always welcome at Harvest Moon! Heck, not-so-great-ideas are worth a shot. Send them to any of the Blood Council members, pipe up in the Guild Council, take out ad space in the Godville Times, we don’t care how you get them to us, just get them to us! Not every idea is a gem. I’m still apologizing for my “Bring Your Significant otter to Work Day” idea, not to mention my game ideas like “Who Can Kill Their Hero the Fastest,” “Let’s Guess What That Smell Is” (it involved a certain sock...), “Laundry Day” (hint: lingerie needs hand washing) or “Who Can Clean Frank’s Lab.” Yes, even I come up with ideas that aren’t loved by all. I’ll wait for you to recover from the shock that statement must’ve caused...
In other words, we want your ideas! Send us a note, a suggestion, a plea for play time in the lab, a link to a video clip of your audition for Survivor, or just a howdy! We look forward to hearing from you!
No question is too great or too small! Submit your questions for Doctor Frank-n-furter to any member of the staff. No invites? Send them via email to email@example.com.