Arena or Skirmish: Which Do You Choose?
Fallon Sky and Galldemort in the Arena
A lot of people are talking about this subject, the biggest question is “Why do people arena but don’t fight back?” The answer to this (for some) is simple. Let’s look at the advantages and disadvantages of Arena and Skirmish.
- A chance for a Golden Brick just for entering the Arena.
- No loss of equipment, artifacts or gold bricks from your OWN temple if you lose.
- You may meet another God/Goddess who entered to avoid skirmish.
- If you win, you get 100% godpower plus 1 extra charge to your accumulator.
- You only lose gold
- If you want a good Gladiator pantheon ranking you will need to win.
- You may meet a Gladiator who has a very high record and is a great fighter.
- If you win, you get all of the other players artifacts and gold.
- You might acquire higher grade equipment from the other player.
- You might win a gold brick from the other player’s temple count (not temple owners).
- Opponent may be sleeping so you can get an easy win.
- You may be sleeping when it happens.
- You can lose all of your artifacts, gold and even risk equipment and a gold brick from your temple (not temple owners)
- No godpower given for winning.
- No golden brick given for winning.
Taking these points into consideration, matching in the arena every 3rd day carries far lower risk and higher reward. Try to send when your inventory is half full (or less) and your hero has a low gold count, or (ideally) after a death/resurrection.
At Home with Bella Stewart
| Advice from the Mavin of the Macabre, the Mistress of Mystery, our very own Empress: Bellatrixie The Strange!
It's the holiday season again, and that means decorating the tree! I, for one, get so discouraged trying to find decorations - it seems the stores are filled with sparkly, pretty, cheerful and cute ornaments that certainly don't fit into my evil lifestyle. A simple solution is to make your own! This year, my tree will be hung with:
- Black widow spiders! Their red hourglass markings are very festive, they just scream "pure evil!," and they're a wonderful way to get rid of unwanted guests.
- Raw ground (kitten, puppy, dust bunny) meatballs! They start out a holiday red and by December 25 will have turned a lovely shade of Christmas green. Plus, the aroma will mask the nasty pine tree odor, and they'll attract flies for the black widow spiders.
- Feathered boa constrictors! Save those feathered boas whenever your hero conjures up a statue of your beloved leader in town - they make stunning tree garlands. Or drape over doorways to add that element of surprise for your guests.
Happy decorating! Next week: homemade gifts for your goody-goody friends and allies!
Down in the dumps about your home or temple's decor? Send Bellatrixie the Strange (aka Bella Stewart) your questions directly or submit them to any member of the newspaper staff.
Get To Know a Deity
Here we sit down weekly with a Harvest Moon warrior and find out what makes them tick. This week's guest is a god of few words but much heart (in jars in his basement): Makaze 庙畜
"My name is Inigo Montoya..."
- Q: Do you have any hidden talents?
- A: My hidden talent is good at remaining hidden, apparently.
- Q: What song do you love to dance to?
- A: Spandau Ballet's True, but only the chorus, on repeat... for eternity.
- Q: What GV pet would you like to have?
- A: Belteshazzar (or is that just a mascot?)
- Q: What color underwear are you wearing?
- A: Well, at one point I believe they were white...
- Q: Do you get emotional using Encourage when in times of crisis?
- A: It's like banging your head against the wall over and over, it feels good when you finally stop doing it.
If you have a burning question for Harvest Moon's Deities, please submit them to the staff. Thank you!
Famous HM Heroes This Week
|#691 GODVILLE TIMES Day 929 g.e.
|The dark - 60th-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “For the glory of BloodGod”, stands at the 89th position in the pantheon of savings under the vigilant supervision of the BloodGod . The hero has no distinctive features to date; however, he promises to get some before his next appearance.
Member of the Week
Get to know a newer member of Harvest Moon! This week's guest is: Appoloniaa
Goddess Appoloniaa. Actual picture - not an artist's rendition
- Q: How did you choose HM?
- A: My brother also plays Godville and the moment my level was high enough to join a guild, I asked him what guild I should be in. He told me that Harvest Moon was the biggest and best one on the "dark side."
- Q: Where does your hero hide her coin purse?
- A: I have absolutely no idea! I bet somewhere the sun doesn't shine.
- Q: Name some things that you and your heroine have in common
- A: We're both female, Pleuntjes' name was derived from my own, we both like a beer once in awhile and we both joined the dark side, haha!
- Q: What advice would you give a young player?
- A: I'm a young player myself and usually I ask for advice. So that's the only advice I can give: ask a fellow guild member if you're having trouble or if you want some extra information.
- Q: What toppings do you like on your kitten sammiches?
- A: Sticks and stones... and marshmallows.
What would you like to know about your Harvest Moon guild mates? Submit your questions to any member of the Weekly Harvest staff!
|Selling Evil Since Day 898 g.e.
|For sale: New hero upgrades, now with 25% more IQ! Call: 1-800-GOT-SMRT
|Found: 3000 coins lying around the arena if they’re yours, hurry! That hero over there just picked them up and left! Yeah... that guy...
|Hero not listening no matter how much you Punish? We can help! Send him to us for a fun filled day at hero boot camp! We promise you your control back or maybe half your money back! Guaranteed! Call: 555-TRAIN-EM
|Wanted: Arena buddy to help with pet revival. Must be willing to lose (that means no touch-ee the buttons!). Call: 555-REV-IAGO … please?
|Missing: Hero last seen heading out of a tavern immediately following a totally random lightning strike that may have closely resembled the sound of an angry god’s wrath. If seen, tell him I'll deal with him later! I mean, to come on back! All good, little buddy!
|Wanted: Standard, black body bag shipped to Niagara falls. Uhhh... better make that two. Call: 723-N-HIDING.
|For Sale: All new "Strength in a Bottle" provides your hero a single, powerful strike. Warning: Risk of backfire. Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any injuries to the hero or surrounding people or property. Use at your own risk.
Doctor Frank's Advice Corner
|Dear Dr. Frank
I don’t know how many times my hero tried to leave his/her guild. He’s tried so many times I’ve lost count, you’d think he’d understand not to by this point right? Nope. The next morning he’s up and at it again. What do I do?
Signed, Happy Where I Am.
Dearest The word “Happy” makes me want to slap you,
A) You know that little remote control you were magically endowed with when you acquired your hero? You see that button there? No, not that one... the other one. Yeah! The “Punish” button! Use it! Make the ungrateful dweeb think twice about making decisions without consulting you!
B) Join Harvest Moon! Yes, he might try to quest out a time or five, but it’s not because he doesn’t love it there, he’s just making sure you’re paying attention. I mean, if he really wanted to leave, would he give you two days to change his mind? Hmm? Tell him to cancel or abandon his silly little quest, After a mere 135 days, he’ll never try to leave again! He just needs reassurance! And punishment. Really. He likes it. He told me.
No question is too great or too small! Submit your questions for Doctor Frank-n-furter to any member of the staff or send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Do you have an item for sale? A service to provide? A lost kitty sammich? Send your classified ads to any staff member of the Weekly Harvest. We might not even charge you to print it!