The Generations of Godville
The 4th Generation By: Hairplug4men
Spoiled rotten... and loving it!
Last week we discussed the “All GV can BE” 3rd Generation. Today, in celebration of the 4th of July, we celebrate the 4th Gen...
“The Soiled Generation”... Wait I said spoiled before? Well that's going to change the direction I was going in.
The Fourth Generation of Godville: 694 g.e. - 925 g.e
Gods 8-15 months old
Many will remember the great PEZ incident in the HM forum that kicked off this generation, which would officially be the final hardship of anyone who ever played this game.
Quests became shorter, mini-boss monsters were introduced but were of little threat. The pantheons started letting anyone in and the devs even created “construction” to give all a chance to be number one at something with little effort. Epic quests came that gave the chance for everybody to gain enough money to resurrect a lvl 30 pet, and then, to spoil these new gods even more, the developers no longer killed our pets, merely knocked them out.
Getting sick of being called soft, the developers introduced the retirement fund. Although it seems unattainable to everyone at first – fourth generation gods wondered why they couldn't have been saving all along...
Later in the 4th gen, new twists on digging produced a new way to get extra gold with boss monsters where some gods didn't even have to try to get rewarded for “winning”. The developers were lucky in one sense: many gods by this point loved the game so much they wanted to experience it again with all the new additions to the game. This leads into next weeks article: Generation 5 - The Altocalypse!
Fourth generation events:
- Spoiled kids complaining about their heroes having wings...
7/17/12 Icarus wings thread
- Halloween of 2012 the, very first, unedited version of the Weekly Harvest debuted!
Great gods of the fourth generation:
- SourceRunner - 14 months old - A universal ally to all!
- Jimbob64 - 12 months old - Unofficial greater in the forums and all around nice-guy.
- Lady Shadows - 11 months old - A natural-born leader and enthusiastic player.
- Never More - 10 months old - A forum-active little sprite who, if you're not careful, will snatch all your booty.
- Godofbeer - 8 months old - We were all atheist beer drinkers till this man came along.
Favorite HM 4th gen gods:
- Domerthos - 9 months old - and already hosting the HM NIT!
At Home with Bella Stewart
| Advice from the Mavin of the Macabre, the Mistress of Mystery, our very own Empress: Bellatrixie The Strange!
Happy Fourth of July, dear readers! I hope everyone in the U.S. has a wonderful time! However, one of us is in danger of ruining his celebration. But no worries - it's Bella to the rescue!
Dear Bella Stewart, I invited all my friends and family over for a Fourth of July picnic... But I forgot to buy fireworks! Are there any evil ways I can salvage this event?
I'm sure with a bit of imagination, we can save the evening and you can instill Oohs and Aahs in all your guests!
- Start off small by serving flaming Dark Flame. Be sure to dilute it by 50% with water, as it's extremely combustible, and you don't want to singe your guests' hair and eyebrows off. At least, not yet...
- Little ones love sparklers. For one night, throw caution to the wind and let your budding evil gods and goddesses shoot sparks from their fingertips. You can always repair the damage tomorrow. But read on - you may not have to.
- Next, to the pup-a-pult! Simply dunk the puppies in a vat of Dark Flame and torch them before flinging for a spectacular night sky show.
- For a grand finale that's sure to please (at least until everyone's hair and eyebrows catch fire), fill your fountain with undiluted Dark Flame, gather your guests all around it, and light it while your evil guests shoot lightning bolts into the sky. No matter that everyone will be angry about being cindered. You'll have to move tomorrow anyway, as nothing will be left after the fountain blows. Trust me, your party will be talked about for some time to come!
Fun with Fiends
Here we sit down periodically with a common opponent (a.k.a. a Godville monster) and find out what’s behind the mask. This week’s fiend is: Philosoraptor.
We always thought he was smarter than this...
- Q: Why do you fight heroes?
- A: Heroes fight... monsters, but when a h...ero fights a hero, which one... is the mo...nster?
- Q: Eh... I don't think you answered my question. And you sound a bit slurry... Anyway; what is your favorite bar/tavern/etc.?
- A: If what... I dr...ank? ...has been drunk, why am I dr...unk? ...now?
- Q: I'm sorry? Are you drunk, mister Raptor?
- A: Me, dr...unk? No! If I'm dru...nk... then Mordor?
- Q: I think I may have to end this interview early... Do you have anything more to add?
- A: If the next Pin...occhio said frozen... reactivated how shorter?
- Q: What?
- A: unintelligible slurring
Our interviewer was about to quit after the last few weeks of peril but agreed to stay on for one more week after the Philosoraptor passed out in a puddle of drool. If you have a burning question for a Godville monster, or a particular monster you’d like to know more about, submit your questions or ideas to the HMWH staff. Thank you.
Hidden Shadows Riddles
How to play:
When is a door not a door?
- Each week, a riddle will be posted in here (and only here) in The Weekly Harvest.
- To try to solve the riddle, post your answer on Hidden Shadows guild forum.
- Do not worry about the previous posts before you. If your answer is not listed yet, post it!
- You are given three tries. Once you’ve guessed three times, you will be unable to guess again.
- If the riddle is still unanswered two days before the next riddle is posted, anyone will be allowed to guess regardless of number of previous guesses.
- Answer will be posted the day of the new riddle should nobody figure out the answer.
- Winner will get a spot in sowing Sun’s Sunday sock puppet play.
- Play again next week to see if you can win!
This Week’s Riddle:
I have wings. I move, spin but cannot fly. I never laugh, sing or cry. The same place you’ll find me always around. Free to do my way with little sound.
What am I?
Famous HM Heroes This Week
|#902 GODVILLE TIMES Day 1149 g.e.
|Rising Sun - 68th-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “☾ All izz well ☾ (⌒▽⌒) ☾”, stands at the 125th position in the pantheon of gladiatorship under the vigilant supervision of the god Soft . We've had many reports that a Recyclops has been afraid to make eye contact with her since their last encounter.
Member of the Week
|Get to know a member of Harvest Moon! This week's guest is: Bad Fish
- Q: How did you choose HM?
- A: Well I like to consider myself an amature meteorologist and, after a spot of research, I believe I have finally found a guild that shares my affinity for lightning.
- Q: Where does your hero hide his coin purse?
- A: He has devoted himself to spending all of his money on booze in order to avoid having to make the decision on where to keep his coin purse…
- Q: Name something that you and your heroine have in common.
- A: Sublime and bourbon.
- Q: What advice would you give a newer player?
- A: Drink plenty of fluids and get 8 hours of sleep a night.
- Q: What toppings do you like on your kitten sammiches?
- A: Hummus and sauerkraut.
- Q: Where would your hero go on his first date...assuming he ever gets one?
- A: Dogville to get a puppy… You know, to play that angle since he heard the tavern keeper’s daughter is a sucker for guys with a dog.
What would you like to know about your Harvest Moon guild mates? Submit your questions to any member of the Weekly Harvest staff!'
|Selling Evil Since Day 898 g.e.
|WANTED: Vogon Poet is still alive, assassin now desperately needed. Not willing to take him out? One of us has got to go! Contact Katie Scarlett to discuss plan and payment options.
FOR SALE: Colored lightning rods available while supplies last. Show your holiday spirit! Strike pain down upon your heroes in style! Colors available: purple, blue, white and light green.
FOR SALE: 4th of July armor. Strong enough help your hero fend off those monsters and firecrackers, light enough to run away from their drunk gods(ess) firework performance. Call: I-GOT-SPIRIT
WANTED: Hero-proof sparklers and non-alcoholic beer. It’s a holiday! No way am I resurrecting my hero today. Call: NEED-A-BREAK
SERVICE: Ever feel used, abused, controlled by the man or the wife or the boss? Call Independence Made Easy and we will quickly take care of and remove any semblance of control anyone has over you. With our state-of-the-art technologies and highly trained hitmen, any obstacles in our way will quietly be disappeared. Independence Made Easy. 444-FREEDOM - Call today and get a free pizza along with your freedom!
SERVICE: Mental state waning because of those pesky Icarus Wings? Rocking yourself in a corner because of Icarus Rockets? Call the IRS today! The Icarus Removal Service is here to help! 800-SUC-KERS
ANNOUNCEMENT: Smokin' hot party this 4th of July. Bonfires, fireworks, and free Dark Flame. RSVP @ 666-HELL-ION then head on down to Dante's Inferno, located in the 4th circle.
Belteshazzar the Confounding
Belteshazzar confounds us all! He can predict the future! Will he? Eh... Maybe. This week's Confoundee...
Belt knows all! Or he’s lost it. We aren’t sure yet.
Breaking News: The promised “special retrospective interview with one of history's famous royalty” has been postponed due to an unfortunate firecracker incident.
Public Service Announcement: Firecrackers and goats do not mix.
Over the Moon
The Weekly Harvest Quiz
Games and winners and prizes! Oh, my!
How to play:
- Each week, there will be four “questions” posted here (and only here) in the Weekly Harvest. Answers to the questions can be found in the wiki, on the HM web site, in the forums or will be math/logic-based.
- Your “answers” must be in question form (a-la Jeopardy!).
- Answers must be submitted via the Harvest Moon Forum. Answers only, please! Don’t give away the questions to non-WH readers.
- The first god/dess to get all four questions right will win four (4) charges and be automatically entered to play in the Over the Moon Championship, held monthly on Palringo (yes, you’ll need to join Pal to play).
- The winner of the OtM Championship (to be based on a different game show each month) will receive 45 charges!!
This week’s Answers:
- This is the first event to occur in the following:
* the Republic of Ireland declared independence
* creation of the United States Army
* crowning of Pope Pius VII
* founding of the United States
- Bob invites 20 people to his 4th of July bbq at his home in Philadelphia, the historic town where the Declaration of Independence was signed. Each friend invites three other friends. 1/2 of the guests bring a beverage, 1/3 of the guests bring a dessert, and the rest bring one firework each. This is the number of fireworks set off.
- This bacon first appeared in Philadelphia in July.
- These are the flags that these entities represent.
- Bonus question: This dance was very popular in 1776.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Nyrini , who will join Godofbeer in this month’s Championship round! Who will be the next contestant? It could be you! See you in the forum!
- What: Part 3 of “Revolution” by The Only Good God .
Where: The sowing Sun guild forum.
Why: You don’t want to miss the exciting conclusion of this 3-part series!
- What: Arena Tournament!
When: Registration is now through the July 12.
Where: Wild Seven - visit their guild forum and wiki for more info.
Why: Do we need a reason for a fun fight?
- A R I E S whose hero managed to ditch his Icarus wings last week!! Many of us are burning with envy!
- Wai Lum whose hero managed (with a little divine intervention) to get a pet to level 30 this week!