I can feel the original purpose of this page was to have kind of an introduction to the GodWiki.
But reading it again and again makes me thinks : "Damn, that page is totally useless." But having it in the side bar of the GodWiki means we have to keep it polished one way or another, meaning we need to find a way to have useful information there, when a short introduction of the GodWiki is already on the Main Page and Content creation related informations are in the Creators Manual.
Saying things like "Guilds are in the Category:Guild" sound a little like taking players for idiots, no matter polished it is written in the article at this moment.
I guess we could still make a dumb intro with things like like :
- "Main page is the first page where you landed on"
- "Your personnal page, which only you can edit, is User:Yournamehere "
- "Learn how to write an article in the Creators Manual!"
But that doesn't sound really better that which is currently on the page. Another possibility could be to place Creators Manual to this page but that's highly debatable i think. Thoughts? --WardPhoenix (talk) 13:43, 29 April 2019 (UTC)
Welcome to the GodWiki, written by Gods and Goddesses for Gods and Goddesses.
This page serves as a global introduction at how the GodWiki works . Any of you can contribute to the GodWiki once your champion have reach the level 15.
Your divine name, displayed on the top of the screen on desktop or on the bottom on mobile view, link you to your user page usually named User:YourDivineName. This user page is a special page only you and yourself can edit, and the associated talk page allow you to receive notifications when someone leave you a message in the said talk page.
On the GodWiki, all articles are categorized. This allow for a classification that allow us to retrieve an article the easy way. As exemple, any monster article is classified under the Category:Monsters.
On the GodWiki, all existing contents have been listed, and those lists, which you can on the Main Page banner, regroups the content weither they already have an article written or not.
Here below are some recommandations that should be followed and some rules that must be followed when editing content on the GodWiki. Breaking the rules may result in you being reported to the admin, who may apply punishment at their discretion.
- 1: Changes to Guild, Hero or God articles should be flagged as 'minor edits'. Any edits at all that consist solely of spelling corrections, formatting changes, or rearrangement of text without major modification of content should also be flagged as 'minor edits'.
- 2: On the GodWiki, any articles may be categorized
- 3: The Creators Manual and Guidelines recommandations should be followed when creating or editing an article.
- 1: You may not create an article/add content not related to Godville/about an ideabox entry that have yet to be approven/with false informations
- 2: You may not edit the guild article of a guild in which you are not a member without permission.
- 3: You may not unnecessarily mention specific guilds, gods, heroes outside of the Guilds/Gods/Heroes and some backstages pages.
- 4: You may not edit an article labelled with the 'do not tamper with' sign without first talking about it on the associated talk page
- 5: Spam and vandalism are forbidden. No exceptions.
To suggest changes to the rules, please contribute to a topic on this article's talk page