The first skill a hero learns is acquired at level 15. For every 3 levels after, a hero will learn a new skill. The hero does all this on their own. Skills have levels which can be increased with training in town occasionally but they may have to pay gold to do this sometimes. Skills get more powerful as their level increases, and the hero will use the skill more often. Sometimes a hero can exchange one skill for another skill of the same level.
There are 3 types of skills:
- Combat skills automatically used during battle (be it against other hero or monster)
- Trade skills automatically used at the counter in a shop
- Transportational skills automatically used while travelling
All skills have a level which dictates the potency of the skill. These levels will increase over time via different ways:
- In a town, a hero may spend approximately 500 x the skill level to be attained gold coins.
- Upgrade it by free, from thorough use of the skill in order to practice it.