Gaining Side Jobs
Side Jobs are a possible outcome of your heroine visiting a point of interest when level 25 or above. Additionally, coupons from the Godville Times will occasionally provide a side job. In the event that such a coupon is redeemed with an already active side job, gold will be supplied instead. If it is successfully completed by your heroine within the time, a reward will be collected the next time they visit a point of interest.
Side jobs are timed and could range between 36-54 hours. The timer on a side job may be increased by an additional 10 or 12 hours when reaching another point of interest. There is no limit to the amount of time extensions a side job can get.
There is no way to cancel a side job, aside from letting the timer expire and visit the next point of interest.
Side Job rewards
On the Halloween 2019 update, apart from adding another 3 side jobs, should a heroine finish the job and reach a point of interest with more than 24 hours to spare, they will be granted the maximum reward possible for the successful side job.
The Third Eye will record only completed Side Jobs and their rewards.
List of Side Jobs
|Side Job||Min n||Max n|
|Breed a tribble||1|
|Change n pieces of equipment||1||3|
|Complete n quests||3||6|
|Defeat n strong monsters||16||40|
|Flee from n monsters||40||65|
|Have n adventures||2||6|
|Resurrect [n times]||1||2|
|Sell n bold trophies||10||45|
|Sleep in a town n times||4||7|
|Squander n gold in a town||6000||34000|
|Visit n points of interest||6||12|
|Wear n different auras||2||4|
|Use n healing potions||16||26|
Halloween 2018 Side Jobs
For the Halloween 2018 seasonal event, special Halloween-themed Side Jobs were used to introduce the feature. These are no longer available.
- Find n trophies with pumpkins
- Kill n undead monsters
The side jobs were initially displayed without any information about their parameters (see Fig. 1). The nature of the special quest was subsequently revealed (Fig. 2), and the new feature received the label Side Job upon its announcement in the Godwiki blog.
- Godville Blog, post 118: On the Side
- Godville Blog, post 141: Friendzone
- Side Jobs in-game hint
- Godville Blog, post 132: Contentful Update
- Godville Blog, post 129: Halloween Event
- "Change a piece of equipment" when only one piece of equipment needs to be changed.
- Only regular and Epic quests count. Mini-quests, however, will not count.
- Aside from Strong Monsters, special monsters and Undead monsters will also count, but not Boss Monsters.
- See the main page at Adventure for details.
- Any diary entry which consumes a healing artifact to heal the heroine or damage a monster will count towards this total. Losing a healing artifact or a healing diary entry which does not consume an artifact the heroine is carrying will not.
|Godville's Goals and Activities|
|Main Goals||Achievements • Pets • Temple • Ark • Lab • Book of Creation • Retirement|
|Collectibles||Gold coins • Gold bricks • Gopher wood • Creatures|
|Heroic Activities||Quests • Side Jobs • Fishing • Digging • Arena • Sparring fights • Dungeons • Sailing • Datamine|
|Divine Activities||Forums • Godville Times • Guilds • Ideabox • Pantheons • Seasonal Festivities|