Difference between revisions of "Mini-quests"
m (Changed permanent invite to godville (level boss) to normal invite to godville)
|Line 143:||Line 143:|
Revision as of 23:04, 3 December 2014
- Their completion takes less time, usually around half an hour.
- They may actually consist of a chain of one to six mini-quests, with a new one starting immediately after a previous one.
- When beginning a mini-quest, the current quest is briefly postponed by the hero; the hero will come back to it later.
- When you send a hero back to a town or make him teleport, a mini-quest may be started, so be careful.
- If you send the hero back to town during a mini-quest, or if the hero decides to go back on his own due to low health, the mini-quest will cancel and the hero will return to his previous quest.
- If you activate a mini-quest artifact in town, your hero will leave immediately on the quest. This can be done after healing but before the hero has a chance to sell the artifact.
- If the hero's bag is full during a mini-quest, a trader will drop from the sky. The hero will not return to town to sell.
The most significant difference between quests and mini-quests is that at the conclusion of a mini-quest, the hero may (or may not) have to defeat a boss-monster. As of recently, mini-quest boss monsters also have abilities
Known Mini-quest Progressions
listed in alphabetical order by first part of quest. It follows the format “quest name” – “item received” (item type). Note that “special” items refers to Activatable Artifacts.
Boldly go and take on some mini-quest – Quest positioning system (bold)
[ Note: This has a random chance of popping up before any mini-quest. It does not matter how you start the mini-quest (post-healing trip to town or activatable item), nor does it affect the following mini-quest in any way other than making it one section longer.]
Convince a cannibal to become a vegetarian – Vegetarian meatball (regular) →
Serve hot dogs at a vegan event – Hair of the dog (regular) →
Stay until the bitter end – segue to boss →
Boss – Vegan Cannibal
Determine the longest distance between point A and point B – Really long meter (bold) →
Insert tab A into slot B – Social network adapter (special) →
Find out who, what, when, where, why, and how – Wonderbox (special) →
Go there, do that, get the t-shirt – ‘I love Godville’ T-shirt (bold) →
Find the entrance to a secret lair – ‘Secret lair is here’ sign (regular) →
Moon a werewolf – Cheese moon (bold) →
Laugh in the face of danger – segue to boss →
Boss – Wherewolf
Go fishing in the gene pool – Extra chromosome (bold) →
Fathom the unfathomable - X-ray depthometer (bold) →
Fish for a red herring – Gold fish (bold) →
Teach a fish to catch a man – Fish call (bold) →
Find (or Wake) someone who sleeps with the fishes – segue to boss →
Boss – Drowned Captain
Help an angel earn it’s wings – Angel’s feather (bold) →
Find where angels fear to tread – Invite to hell (bold) →
Calculate a snowball’s chance in hell – Wet pants (regular) →
Die another day – segue to boss →
Boss – Ancient Demon
Locate a hive of scum and villainy – Dirty money (bold) →
Don’t panic – “Don’t Panic” T-shirt (bold) → (apparently this one is not always there as it was skipped when I just got this one)
Find a level boss and defeat it – segue to boss →
Boss – Level Boss
Look for love in all the wrong places – Bunch of wilted flowers (regular) →
Flirt with disaster – ‘555-LOVE’ phone number (regular) →
Demand a refund for a broken heart – Broken heart (bold) →
Send in the clowns – varies (sometimes money, sometimes a full heal, sometimes absolutely nothing) →
Fear nothing but fear itself, and clowns – segue to boss →
Boss – Mad Clown
Take the bull by the horns – Bull’s horn (bold) →
Live to tell about it – Golden ticket (special) →
Smooth out a rough idea ->
Sign a verbal contract ->
Seal the deal with duct tape- golden brick->