A hero's level is a measure of how powerful they have become. A hero can increase their current level by gaining Experience. Certain parts of gameplay are available once a certain level has been achieved.
The levels that a hero must reach to gain certain things:
- 3 - Ideabox with basic sections
- 18 - Ability to tame a pet
- 20 - Ideabox with all sections
- 30 - Hero buys 2 healing artifacts at towns
- 39-60 - Temple – once constructed (depending on rate of brick gain)
- 50 - Hero buys 3 healing artifacts at towns
Every time a hero gains a certain number of levels more, an upgrade happens.
- 1 - an increase in maximum hero health of 4
- 2 - an extra slot in the hero's inventory to carry more items
- 3 - an additional skill (after level 15, up to 10 skills)
As an added bonus, when a hero levels up, his health is fully restored, the Godpower is refilled to 100% and from level 5 onward, the deity gains an extra charge. He also gains access to higher level weapons and armor. As a hero's level climbs up, so does his ranking in the pantheon of might.
The higher your level, the more experience you need to reach the next one. This is why growth is fast at first but can then become frustratingly slow.