In the light we walk, Demons among men shall we be.
In the shadows we lurk, Angels among the wicked we are.
||1978 G.E. (10 September, 2015)
We may be the broken, those lost from innocence. We've given in to the devil's smile, yet remain strong as any army at all. We're not evil, we're just those who believe the world is worth dominating. We've been baptized in the endless winters of conformity and have broken out. We are the wretched, the unspoken - but more than that? We are the divine wings on which this damned world just might be carried into a better tomorrow.
At least, that's our opening pitch.
Means more to those involved in our RPs than just checking in on a app for fun.
Our community is small, many of us busy with personal obligations (read: life.) Expect this number to stay the same, despite additions by the formula Godville holds for neutral heroes to join guilds. Somedays, we're busy in the Council, other days we're trying to catch up with our personal lives.
- The guild has an external (non-Godville), post-to-play story that is RPed on Dreamwidth.org. It is sometimes discussed in the GC, but no one that joins the guild is required to play in it, though everyone that plays it is asked to join the guild to keep GV chatter to a minimum. Everyone is invited to join, but there are simple, yet strict, rules. Not everyone will be accepted, but an open mind helps. All it takes is opening a dialogue with IADOBAOTH or SIREINE.
- Please understand that simply adding one of us to your messaging list does not make us automatically friends. We have had very poor reception here in Godville so, please be patient with us if we're a bit defensive.
Joining Idle Omens is easy:
- To join, a simple voice command of join "Idle Omens" after reaching level 12 will suffice.
- Issue the voice command when your hero is between fights, not in town or healing.
- Do not cancel your current quest, as that changes the hero(ine)'s state to returning to town, in which most, if not all, voice commands are ignored.
- This can take several times, so be warned. It is most effective to wait between 20 and 30 seconds between VCs before issuing another.
- Do not consider joining if your alignment is not somewhere on the spectrum of darkness. There are other guilds for light-aligned heroes.
- Please add this symbol: ♝ to your mottoes.
- Those members who do not have ♝ within their mottoes can be considered inactive members.
Belonging to the guild, however ... now that's a bit of a different story. Before deciding to join at random, please take a moment to consider the following:
- We were once the only guild with the True Darkness! alignment in the top 20 of dueling. Coming back after a brief hiatus, we'd like to reclaim that.
- Can you not stand the sight of your hero dying and thus hard-earned gold perish? One encourage counts against 3 or more punishes. It will drop your alignment. Our heroes die, a lot. Templed heroes never see a single encouragement. Healing should only occur in the Arena, nowhere else.
- Our style of roleplay, our language and our demeanors have been found unfit for Godvilles RP forums - whether we were targeted or not does not matter. For better or worse, this guild will never include canonical RP in the forums on this medium, so whatever is posted on the forums? Expect it to be edited, to be altered, just don't expect that's where the story ends.
- If you're interested in this RP, you agree that the subject matter on the external site (it's hardly offensive, in this day and age...) stays there and is not brought back to Godville.
- For the sake of the level of mature content, the head of the external community will ask for your actual age. This will be the only personal detail we require absolute honesty on. Whether you are a boy, girl, or in-between, does not matter. Sharing those details and others are up to the individual beyond this point.
- Those not involved in the external community are encouraged to make our guild forum home to those who want a tamer RP - there will be no themes in our forum that will not be found on daytime television, if there is an active RP at all.
Our totem monster is the Chaos Forger. There are two definitions of this - one in which is more akin to our external RP known as the Realm which deals with some very dark and hopeless themes - please browse through our forums for an highly censored, and ever altering idea.) The second is one more akin to the world of Godville - a tiny smith who dreams of being a great evil in the world but often fails miserably and wreaks havoc on naive hero(ine)s and their journey.
Pantheons & Other
Please help Idle Omens maintain its place as one of the top 100 or so guilds in popularity while maintaining our alignment!
- If you notice your hero(ine) is healing in town and you have a some God Power to spare -- never use a charge -- send an influence their way.
- Every divine punishment adds points to your guild's overall score, although once we obtain a templed hero ... it is rumored that Miracles give the most influence.
See the guide on Temple Building & General Tips for more information on how to make your trip to town beneficial to you and our guild.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
- To this end, and this end alone - this guild strive to maintain its popularity so that neutral heroes (those of abandoned accounts) do not stray into Idle Omens. It takes some mild effort to maintain alignment, so all members are expected to contribute something ... no matter how small.
Members are encouraged to take part in dueling at least once per day if they are able to to help us maintain our current top 20 rank in duelery.
Members ranked Chief Master and higher, should know that their records directly influence Idle Omens' ranking in the Pantheon of Duelery.
Here are some guidelines and tips:
- On regular days, wait until you have 100% god power and 3 or more charges.
- Unless you are dueling in the new ZPG Arena, within the first 5 minutes of every hour, this will prepare you for whatever other special rules may come.
- This can not be stressed enough: never enter the Arena with less than 3 charges and, after sending the hero(ine), 50% GP. There are those who do not send any influences at all, but as you climb the ranks ... get ready to match with more and more active duelers.
- Try to let us know prior to sending your hero to the Arena in the GC - this will prevent duels between guild members.
- In the event that two of our members meet in the Arena, it is up to the individuals on how they wish to proceed. It is recommended to just have a non-influence/command battle to save GP charges, but it is up to the pair dueling.
- Pay attention to the additional rules that judges will implement:
- Both competitors will lose HP each round.
- About 5-10 health is taken from both contestants per round, in addition to any offensive damage. Using the heal voice command, (e.g.: Drink, Heal, and Rest) rather than offensive commands every round is recommended.
- Divine influence will be twice as likely to backfire.
- The backfires in Godville are ... random. Some may say they are not, but we believe they are. With this rule, 2 in 7 or so influences will effect you(your opponent if encouraging), none, or both. If you send out 3 influences and you haven't experienced backlash yet, send a healing voice command if you're going to punish next round - just in case your stray lightning bolt doesn't zap a wondering monster.
- Loser gets 3 gold bricks as a consolation prize.
- It is tempting, especially for those who don't have a temple to try to lose these matches. We recommend trying to win, but only using one charge during the battle. Sure, it might knock our ranking down a bit ... but 3 golden bricks is decent compensation.
- Only two(2) actions are allowed instead of four(4).
- If you and your opponent both are using influences, its not too bad. Otherwise, it becomes up to the Random Number God and your play style.
- Tip: Use voice commands rather than direct influences. "Strike"/"Attack" during your turn, "Heal" or "Defend" on the opposing turn.
- Tip: Send (1) Punish influence at the start of the battle. Use voice commands throughout until your opponent reaches ~30 health, then send a second Punish with either a "Heal" or a final "Attack" command.
- Tip: Locking your opponent's actions is another way to bring this special rule to your advantage. Simply use voice commands rather than any influence.
- Only (3) charges are allowed.
This shouldn't be an issue for most, it will become an issue for paid duelers/those with more than 3 charges, use the voice command: "Pray" to recover precious GP.
- Now, if you have more than 3 charges to begin with - be sure to restore your GP up to 100% and there will be no problem.
- The Judges will pray between rounds.
- This can have its advantages and disadvantages; every round, 5-10 (or more) GP is restored. To take advantage of it, use voice commands every turn until your either about to be locked or on your last 25%.
- Very likely, you can win these fights without using more than one or two charges.
- This fight will be twice as fast.
- You and your opponent will attack at the same time, so only the fighter who's name is on top can block, otherwise this is a standard match.
- Make sure you check your opponents stats. If they have won more arena matches than two (2) times their levels mean that they a. have purchased extra charges, b. only has enough to last this match, or c. possess a personal connection to the RNG. At least that's the crazy math we do around here. It may or may not be 50% accurate.
- Sometime during the first two steps (3 entries), unless its a Prayer match, or an agreed non-influence match, restore your GP by using 1 charge.
- It is also advisable (if you have more than 3 charges) to go ahead and refill your GP while waiting to be matched. This prevents you from being stuck with 2.5 charges instead of 3 should that match rule come up.
- Strike at them. Use your influences wisely - keep in mind that only about 1 in 4 voice commands will be heard, sometimes the ratio is higher, sometimes it is lower.
- Sireine encourages that all attack commands are ...with righteous fury and indignant wrath. And that we heal by drinking from life's bitter poisons. Or come up with your own variations.
- Remember to alternate between offensive voice commands and defensive. A well-timed heal can mean the difference between victory and defeat.
- Please keep in mind that some offensive commands will cause your opponent to restore some of their GP. Always expect some kind of influence, be it a voice command or actual influence, on the following turn.
- Never end a turn with less than 30% of your Godpower if you can avoid it.
- Try to be a good sport, even if you lose and now have 0 charges. Remember, the Arena is mostly luck and a basic understanding of when influences will backfire ... which can seem at random most times.
- We all lose sometimes, these tips are a guide and meant to give a basic example of how to be a ruthless arena fighter. It is possible to win in the Arena using only voice commands, so finding a style that suits your tastes is, as it should be, up to you.
- If it seems that the Random Number God is out for your soul, take a break from the Arena. There are other ways you can help our guild besides shedding the blood of others.
Now, of course, if you win ... use that 100% GP to accumulate another charge and poof: If you used all three charges, you're back to having 2 plus a free prayer in town.
Temple Building & General Tips
Other than the Arena (which can provide up to 4 bricks at a time), there are a number of ways to speed up the construction of one's personal Temple.
- Using a divine influence when your hero(ine) possesses more than 3,000 coins can result in the melting of a brick.
- Using this influence during the selling stage of a town visit greatly increases your chance of receiving additional gold, or another artifact if the influence fails.
- Every town visit includes the following stages of progress (in no particular order): healing, selling, buying potions/equipment, wasting money, prayer.
- If you return to town via a completed quest with a healing item, you may skip the healing process.
- If you return to town with fewer that half your total maximum item capacity (how many items you can carry in your inventory), there is a high chance that your hero(ine) will skip all steps after healing.
- Gold bricks can sometimes be found using the voice command dig.
- It can also result in unearthing an underground boss, so be cautious. Victory ensures a large profit, but defeat means the loss of a good portion of your gold fund.
- When you are waiting to be matched, see if any of your guild mates have enough health to join you.
- It is advisable to only use the dig command if you have 80% of your maximum health or more.
- Remember to vote in the Ideabox! Providing your input on content can and will make your prayers more effective, but don't just spam votes. Some of the content is actually worth upvoting, and while others are just ... well. Its a matter of taste. Don't forget to vote at least every 8 hours to maximize this bonus.
This guild has one, very simple rule. Well, two.
- Please be courteous when speaking to each other.
- Out right use of profanity will not be tolerated in the forum and is advised against in the Guild Council as well.
- No derogatory terms, racial slurs, or anything that may offend some one else.
- Courteous does not mean nice, it means respectful.
- Please uphold any promises you make to members of this guild, or any other member of Godville's community.
- This includes both agreements and deals, witnessed or between two individuals.
- We take our honor very seriously, so do not break it.
If, for any reason, you can not abide by these rules, then this guild is not for you.
With every internet game, there is going to be some one that ruins it. That one troll that thinks the internet, and life, is a joke.
Until then, let us try to have fun.
|Page version 0.9c. This document will self destruct in 3 ... 2 ...|