Page created and maintained by
Sireine (U • C • T)
Unauthorized edits will not be tolerated; please ask and then wait for her to get back to you.
28, October 2015
We welcome Deiroz to our guild as our 14th member (though thanks to an agreement finally being fulfilled, they are our technical 13th member.) There will be character sheets added to the wiki as Sireine receives them. It is advisable that all players involved in the guild's RP fill one out. There's a link to the template we use here. If for some reason you don't understand how to use it, please contact Sireine -- she'll be glad to help.
An outline of the rp can be found (---) along with rules that should be reviewed before asking to be part of the guild's RP. This link will remain here, as the page is updated regularly.
24, October 2015: Some new things coming to the Wiki! Hopefully everything will be finished within a few days, until then bare with us.
Let's welcome Matusmanis Alt1 as our 13th member.
That said, the new look signifies that we are entering the final phases of the first chapter for our guild's RP. Our next chapter will begin November 3rd, officially. So to all those worried about jumping in to the RP -- please contact Sireine before then! The second chapter promises to be more tame, but with twists and revelations that could shake the entire guild.
20, October 2015: Welcome Zelgany as our 12th member.
17, October 2015: Welcome Syrnaeth as our 11th member. We have reached a good number of viable players to finish up this current act, so for those interested in joining the RP, please contact Sireine for more details regarding the second act of the RP.
13, October 2015: We welcome Heretical God & Blind Faith to the guild as our 9th and 10th members, respectively. We have also obtained 20th in popularity! Its just a shame we're too new to have any elected leaders. Also, we give big welcome to Syrnaeth to the RP and (eventually) the guild. And finally, a special thanks to Terallion for entertaining us while Sireine was away for her sister's wedding, and to the others whom have contacted us with viable interest in our storyline.
2, October 2015: Nearly a month ago, Idle Omens opened its halls to all who wished to join in a pre-apocalyptic story. We still haven't attracted as many members as we'd of liked, but all the same ... we're still here and part of the top 100 guilds in Godville.
30, September 2015: Idle Omens makes the front page with 7th place popularity for Bumchester. Minor wikipedia updates and forum page editing. Major updates to come sometime within the next week.
10, September 2015: Sireine establishes "Idle Omens" as the newest guild in Godville. The name is derived from Idle Hands (Movie) and Good Omens (Novel).
Between the dawn and the night, a prophecy was forged in the forgotten realm of Earth that foretold the end of another world -- a world of heroes, the world of Godville.
Caught up in their wars of attrition, those alleged forces of Good and Evil ignored the early warnings when a beautiful angel walked the lands during Godville's first age. They called her false by those who bathed in their ignorance and sinful delights.
Until she met with a sorceress who shared the name of a legend.
Until the angel's Lord and the forlorn legend made a pact: to plunge their champions into absolute chaos and prepare for day of battle, should the prophecy speak truth.
What is Idle Omens?
Idle Omens got its beginnings as Godville's own version of Good Omens, a novel by Neil Gaiman and Sir Terry Pratchett about the end of days. Prior knowledge of it, or having read the novel is not really a requirement, as nearly all aspects of it have been altered to fit into Godville's world. Scratch that, the concept has evolved so fully that the only resemblance between the novel and this guild is the fact that a prophecy exists about the end of Time itself.
Godville is a world bound by the knowledge of the geography of its realm, its milestones, and its many NPC inhabitants, such as the priests, shopkeepers, torch-carrying villagers and even the monsters our heroes fight. In fact, it will be those very NPCs that will be effected by the prophecy. When it comes to pass. Eventually. After all, all things that exist must surely come to an end.
This guild's mission is to face whatever force is driving this prophecy and stop it. After all, some of us like harassing the shopkeepers and getting thrown out of bars.
Until that fateful day, we're content being considered just another guild that has been caught up in the great Rank Wars of Godville. Our guild members can be found lounging within the ruins (to be restored, one day) that serve as their guild hall, or facing off against other Gods and Goddess and their champions in the Arena. We are a guild that focuses on the stories of our characters and so you may find yourself overwhelmed once you stumble upon our forum. Please, do not be -- our's is an internal RP that any one can be part of, though before seriously becoming involved, we ask that you have a brief conversation with Sireine , first.
- By posting in our forum, you agree to have at least respected our guild's policy, although they are not your own nor do we expect you to follow our RP rules if merely posting for an event your own guild is having.
- All members of Idle Omens, however, must agree to our rules before joining. They're not too strict, but are in place to prevent certain events from repeating themselves.
- All members that are involved in the guild's RP are assumed to have agreed to the rules found at the bottom of thispage.
Joining Idle Omens is easy, but belonging requires some degree of interaction with other guild members.
- To join, a simple voice command of join "Idle Omens" after reaching level 12 will do the trick.
- Issue the voice command when your hero is between fights, not in town or healing. Do not cancel your current quest, as that changes the hero(ine)'s state to returning to town, in which most, if not all, voice commands are ignored.
- This can take several times, so be warned. It is most effective to wait between 20 and 30 seconds between VCs before issuing another.
- We do ask that all members add this symbol: ♝ to their mottoes. References to idleness are optional, though it does make us seem more cohesive. Feel free to look at other members' mottoes if you need help deciding.
- We do not expect every member to join in the RP, but greatly encourage that they help us keep our standing as one of the more prominent new guilds among Godville in popularity, dueling. And, please spread the word to your friends. The more interest we have in this guild, the better chance we have of reaching even higher.
Once a splendid temple that was built by a forgotten cult to idolize a god-like Sorceress, this ruin is but a remnant of those days gone by. The many years of neglect have lead to the growth of gigantic trees that blanket the temple grounds in shadows, even on the brightest of days.
In its prime, the temple was a two-story complex with several basement levels developed by beings who trespassed through time. Now, it remains as a curious ruin that can be found after a short walk through some forestation just before the River Kraktor runs into Vector Field. Many of its upper levels are inaccessible due to broken ramps or damaged stairs, and only a few actual rooms seem to have remained fully intact.
Pillars and statues adorn the mossy paths, giving it an almost garden-esque look to the ruin. In the center lies a chamber that appears to have been used for ceremonies, and can be used by guild members to offer prayers to their guardian spirits.
A lower floor can be accessed from just beyond a raised, stone platform near the riverbank. At first, it appears to be no more than a dug out hallway, it connects to another stairway that is constructed from brick and mortar, though it soon turns into steel and marble. What lies beneath the ruin is a strange place that seems to have been removed from any and all eras. Several chambers resemble bedrooms from ancient times though the kitchens seem remotely modern -- designs seems to flow from every time imagined in the space beneath the temple floor, effectively creating an extensive, abandoned, living space. Illuminated by electrical lamps and fiery torches, a few rooms even resemble neo-modern - albeit bare - bathrooms. Despite the marvel of their existence, this sublevel is in a state of sad disrepair, many rooms completely bare and others are actually filled with crumbling stones and broken furniture, if not outright inaccessible due to flooding.
Another staircase can be found, designed from steel and glass, by the side of a wall near the first recreation
hall, leading even deeper to an immediate door of stone and steel. It is locked and reinforced by foreign enchantments, though Sireine
can be seen entering the chamber every now and again.
During the hours of twilight, a strange, otherworldly mist rolls in from the banks of the river and covers the entire temple. Apparitions and other spiritual beings may be seen as they wander the thin veil between death and acceptance, though they care little for the world of the living. They are actually drawn to the sound of a haunting melody
(leads to download) that echoes from somewhere within the ruins.
At the farthest edge of the ruin, a natural pool adorned by crystalline formations in its center can be found. The immediate area surrounding the pool has been designated for in-house sparring sessions and, for now, most social gatherings.
We hope that, as our membership count grows, we may be able to restore the grounds to their former splendor ... even retaining some of the natural beauty it now possesses. As the construction begins and evolves, so too will the description of this hall.
Rebuilding the Ruins
This is the current state of our guild hall. As our members begin to restore it, you will notice changes on the list below.
1: A staircase of broken oak and stone leads to an antechamber of elaborate brick work. Another stair case leading further is is directly ahead.
2: Marble flooring and brick walls, some framework crafted from steel makes up this room. There are three doors here, two of solid wood and the other of some strange stone. A powerful enchantment keeps this door locked.
3: What lies beyond the enchanted door is anyone's guess.
4: A hallway that leads to the side of the ruin. It resembles a mine shaft.
5: A storage room filled with broken crates and boxes.
6: A bathroom, complete with toilet and sink. Rust stains the walls and water covers the floor.
7: A storage room filled with empty barrels.
8: Broken statues adorn this room. A hallway filled with broken cabinets suggest that this was once a pantry of some sort.
9-11, 23, 24: A set of dressers and a broken bunk bed suggest that these used to be bedrooms.
12: This was once a fair sized kitchen, rusted pots and pans dangle from the walls. Various ovens and stoves, cold storage units are scattered about.
13: A spacious room that is littered with broken tables and chairs. It looks like it may have been a dining hall, once.
14: A bathroom stall. Rust and grime cover the walls.
15: Part of the wall has collapsed, making entry into this hall impossible.
16: Broken crates and furniture litter the room, and a collapsing wall makes the hallway difficult to pass through.
17: Contains a single bed, covered by rock and broken bricks.
18: Scattered weapons and armaments can be found on shelves, against the brick walls, and on wooden stands.
19: A hallway of clay reinforced with steel and brick. It's mostly bare, minus a few faded scrolls on the walls.
20: A gallery of barrels and caskets of various ales and wines. Most of the racks are empty, however.
21: An empty room, water pools in the center and corner.
22: A pair of collapsed hallways that are so filled with debris, entry into the rooms they connect to is nearly impossible.
25: A room that has grime covering the floor tiles and several shower stalls that have rusted over. Tattered curtains and tiles walls suggest that these stalls were private.
26: Another bathroom, complete with separate stalls and broken sinks.
27: A large room that contains various broken machines and furniture. From the dust-covered pool table, it is possible to imagine that this was once a recreation hall.
28: A room that is half collapsed. It looks to have been a fullscale forge, with an eerie red glow coming from below the grates that cover the floor.
29: Another empty room.
30: A workshop, of sorts. Books are scattered and an alchemist's work table lies unused, various vials litter across the shelves found on the walls.
31: A single statue lies in the middle of the room of a woman with dual colored wings. The statue itself is made from ebony and ivory.
32: A large, mostly empty room. Debris is spread sporadically, but nothing suggests what this room may have once been.
Please help us maintain our place as one of the top 25 guilds in popularity. If you notice your hero(ine) is healing in town and you have a some God Power to spare -- never use a charge -- send an influence their way. Every divine punishment (or encouragement, if you must) adds points to our overall score, although once we obtain a templed hero ... it is rumored that Miracles give the most influence.
See our guide on Temple Building & General Tips for more information on how to make your trip to town beneficial to you and our guild.
In keeping in spirit with the nature of those who would fight the apocalypse, we're a dark-aligned guild. Why is this? We're tempered in the absolute bedlam of Godville. After all, we're supposed to be the ones to thwart
it, possibly at the last
moment possible. In order to ensure that our members can over come absolute evil
, we must become the embodiment of what they both
fear: true darkness.
There is a quote that this guild stands by, taken from the dimension known as Earth:
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
- So what does this mean? To put it simply, we've stared into the abyss for too long and have found that it is not us who is looking into it, but are those who stare back. A soul who hungers for battle may find that they're not immune to their divine's wrath -- and they revel in it. A holy man may find that they've achieved serenity only through horrific ends.
- Although we accept members from any and all alignments, we greatly encourage that ... upon joining ... you bring your hero(ine) somewhere along the path of darkness. This is especially encouraged for members of do not engage in the Arena.
- A ratio of one(1) encouragement for every three(3) punishments is encouraged, but not strictly enforced. This keeps our champions healthy and our enemies at bay.
- Neutral hero(ines) are welcome, but please make yourself active in the forums at least once a week if you are part of the guild's RP. Members that are inactive for periods longer than 10 (10) days will be considered abandoned and removed from the storyline, unless arrangements have been made prior to absence.
- If the inactive member returns, they may be placed back in the storyline at Sireine 's discretion.
- It has been stated elsewhere on this wiki, but we do understand that not all of our members are involved in the RP for one or more reasons. We try to keep our popularity up so that our alignment of True Darkness! does not change.
- If you have created an alt to join our guild, please ensure that you either visit the Arena, engage actively in the RP, or help us with our town popularity and alignment. You have joined our guild on your own, so we expect you to be part of it.
Why True Darkness!? Upon joining this guild, Sireine will want to speak with you personally. This isn't to shape you into anything, but to ensure that this guild is what you want to be apart of and that you know that we expect from you.
Members are encouraged to take part in dueling at least once per day if they are able to. For members ranked Chief Master and higher, their records directly influence our ranking in the Pantheon of Duelery. From the many battles witnessed by Iadobaoth 's Anafi-el, here are some guidelines and tips:
- On regular days, wait until you have 100% god power and 3 or more charges. This ensures that, no matter what special rules come into play, you'll be ready.
- This can not be stressed enough: never enter the Arena with less than 3 charges and, after sending the hero(ine), 50% GP.
- Let us know if you're going to the Arena! Friendly duels can take place by 'challenging' a friend, and will have no outcome on your dueling rank.
- If you do not have a Temple, let us know in the Guild Council with the message "arena_nt" before sending your hero(ine) to the arena.
- If you do have a finished Temple, let us know by typing in "arena_t".
- In the event that two of our members meet in the Arena, it is up to the individuals on how they wish to proceed. It is recommended to just have a non-influence/command battle to save GP charges, but it is up to the pair dueling.
- Pay attention to the special rules:
- Both lose HP during round.
- About 5-10 health is taken from both contestants per round, in addition to offensive damage. The "heal" voice command comes in handy here.
- Influence are twice as likely to backfire.
- Roughly 2 in 7 or so influences will effect you(your opponent if encouraging), none, or both.
- Loser gets 3 gold bricks as a consolation prize.
- It is tempting, especially for those who don't have a temple to try to lose these matches. While it is up to the individual, keep in mind that your opponent may be thinking the same thing.
- Only (2) actions are allowed instead of (4).
- If you and your opponent both are using influences, its not too bad. Otherwise, it becomes up to the Random Number God and your play style.
- Tip: Use voice commands rather than direct influences. "Strike"/"Attack" during your turn, "Heal" or "Defend" on the opposing turn.
- Tip: Send (1) Punish influence at the start of the battle. Use voice commands throughout until your opponent reaches ~30 health, then send a second Punish with either a "Heal" or a final "Attack" command.
- Tip: Locking your opponent's actions is another way to bring this special rule to your advantage. Simply use voice commands rather than any influence.
- Only (3) charges are allowed.
This shouldn't be an issue. If it becomes an issue, use the voice command: "Pray" to recover precious GP.
- The Judges will pray between rounds.
- This can have its advantages and disadvantages; every round, 5-10 GP is restored. To take advantage of it, use voice commands every turn until your either about to be locked or on your last 25%.
- Sireine : This comes down to the type of opponent your facing. A "Light" hero(ine) may use their extra GP to heal, counter this with offensive commands. A "Dark" hero(ine) will use offensive commands, use the voice command "Heal" to counter this.
- This fight will be twice as fast.
- You and your opponent will attack at the same time, so only the fighter who's name is on top can block, otherwise this is a standard match.
- Make sure you check your opponents stats. If they have won more arena matches than two (2) times their levels mean that they a. have purchased extra charges, b. only has enough to last this match, or c. possess a personal connection to the RNG. At least that's the crazy math we do around here. It may or may not be 50% accurate.
- Sometime during the first two steps (3 entries), unless its a Prayer match, or an agreed non-influence match, restore your GP by using 1 charge.
- It is also advisable (if you have more than 3 charges) to go ahead and refill your GP while waiting to be matched. This prevents you from being stuck with 2.5 charges instead of 3 should that match rule come up.
- Strike at them. Use your influences wisely - keep in mind that only about 1 in 4 voice commands will be heard, sometimes the ratio is higher, sometimes it is lower.
- Sireine and Iadobaoth have agreed that 'Attack like a crazy wombat' is our semi-official Arena call.
- Strike, Smite, Kick, and Punch all work as well. But like a crazy wombat.
- Why the wombat? Quite simply, because wombat's are one of the laziest animals known to man. No one expects a visceral strike from such a critter.
- Remember to alternate between offensive voice commands and defensive. A well-timed heal can mean the difference between victory and defeat.
- Please keep in mind that some offensive commands will cause your opponent to restore some of their GP. Always expect some kind of influence, be it a voice command or actual influence, on the following turn.
- Never end a turn with less than 30% of your Godpower if you can avoid it.
- Try to be a good sport, even if you lose and now have 0 charges. Remember, the Arena is mostly luck and a basic understanding of when influences will backfire ... which can seem at random most times.
- We all lose sometimes, these tips are a guide and meant to give a basic example of how to be a ruthless arena fighter. It is possible to win in the Arena using only voice commands, so finding a style that suits your tastes is, as it should be, up to you.
- If it seems that the Random Number God is out for your soul, take a break from the Arena. There are other ways you can help our guild besides shedding the blood of others.
Now, of course, if you win ... use that 100% GP to accumulate another charge and poof: If you used all three charges, you're back to having 2 plus a free prayer in town.
Temple Building & General Tips
Other than the Arena, there are a number of ways to speed up the construction of one's personal Temple.
- Using a divine influence when your hero(ine) possesses more than 3,000 coins can result in the melting of a brick.
- Using this influence during the selling stage of a town visit greatly increases your chance of receiving additional gold, or another artifact if the influence fails.
- Every town visit includes the following stages of progress (in no particular order): healing, selling, buying potions/equipment, wasting money, prayer.
- If you return to town via a completed quest with a healing item, you may skip the healing process.
- If you return to town with fewer that half your total maximum item capacity (how many items you can carry in your inventory), there is a high chance that your hero(ine) will skip all steps after healing.
- Gold bricks can sometimes be found using the voice command dig.
- It can also result in unearthing an underground boss, so be cautious. Victory ensures a large profit, but defeat means the loss of a good portion of your gold fund.
- When you are waiting to be matched, see if any of your guild mates have enough health to join you.
- It is advisable to only use the dig command if you have 80% of your maximum health or more.
- Remember to vote in the Ideabox! Providing your input on content can and will make your prayers more effective, but don't just spam votes. Some of the content is actually worth upvoting, and while others are just ... well. Its a matter of taste. Don't forget to vote at least every 8 hours to maximize this bonus.
A full rule set aimed for those who will be active in our guild's internal RP can be found (---).
Some thing to begin with, and which needs to stated. The number one complaint we receive is that we're a guild that favors role-playing and that we have some strict rules for our internal storyline. Mind you, these complaints come from external sources and not from within. So, with that in mind the following applies for those who are not active in the RP -- nonmembers and members of Idle Omens alike -- and only within the Idle Omens guild forum topic.
- Please be courteous when speaking to each other.
- Out right use of profanity will not be tolerated in the forum and is advised against in the Guild Council as well.
- No derogatory terms, racial slurs, or anything that may offend some one else.
- Courteous does not mean nice, it means respectful.
Be respectful of our guild's internal RP. That is all we ask of you. If you have an announcement to make, please do so in out of character context.
- Please put all non-character based dialogue in parentheses ()s. Not all browsers are made equal, and some do not display Godville's forum markup language. Please be mindful of that and thank you.
- Please keep posting to a minimum, and be respectful that not everyone lives in the same timezone. If out of character chat becomes too frequent, offenders may be asked to leave the forum topic if they do not reduce their posting rate.
- For this reason, we ask that those intending to join the RP create an alt and join our guild. This allows a good portion of non-character banter to be kept in the Guild Council.
- It is encouraged, not enforced, that if an alt is made that it is based off of the character who would like to play.
- General questions should be directed at Sireine , who asks that you be patient.
- If the same question is asked both in forum and as a PM, the offender will be asked to stop, calm down, and wait.
- For non-Guild players only: You've come across our RP and are a guest. I feel that this should not have to be said, but here it is: You do not own this RP and it is not yours to control.
If, for any reason, you can not abide by these rules, then we're not for you. We realize that, with every internet game, there is going to be some one that ruins it. Until then, let us try to have fun. And one final, absolutely should not have to be said note: You, the human playing, have read this wiki. Not your character. If you don't know what that means, ask. If you still don't know what that means, play Godville for what it was meant to be. (Hint: It's called metagaming, and is discouraged in all role-playing platforms.)
||Lyonhardt & Sireine
||Demiurge & Anafi-el
||Vesania & Lucidea
||The Owl & Garwyn
|My Own Nightmare
||? & Twila
|Shadows of Light
||Blade of Heresy
||Syrnaeth & Torheit
||Inactive (Until 2nd Arc)
||Monster From Byond
||Inactive (Until 2nd Arc)
||"Seeker of Wisdom"
||Inactive (Until 2nd Arc)
Forum RP Information
Character sheets are found here. Copy and past the needed sections and do not save that page. On this page, use the "Discussion" tab to paste your sheet underneath any that may already be there. Sireine will add you as soon as she can. Thank you.
- All players involved in the Idle Omens RP will be expected, at some point, to fill out this information.
- Please provide as much information as you can. This is not for us to metagame, but so that your character has established limits.
Deity Name: Sireine
Deity Type: Demigod
Virtue: Strength and Chaos
Abilities: Chaos sorcery(advanced manipulation of dark energies such as necromancy and primal destructive elements)
Followers: A small cult in Los Demonos (less than 20 members)
Familiarity: Sireine is quite aware of the layout of Godville and quite knowledgeable about other realms. It is not completely impossible for older gods and historians to have heard of her legend.
Description: Sireine is an ageless woman of pale skin that loves to be draped black silks. Her shape is quite comely and bewitching to both genders, and she enjoys some degree of seduction to get her way with others. Her eyes are a striking violet, though they often seem cold and devoid of any warmth. On colder nights, she can be seen wearing a large rimmed hat of the same silken material her clothes consist of.
Hero Name: Elias Lyonhardt (Known as Lyonhardt)
Race: Once Human
Occupation: Knight of Sireine
Advantages: Adept fighter with most weapons
Disadvantages and Quirks: Mute
Skills: Martial training
Notes: Of the non-deity characters, Lyonhardt is the strongest in single, physical combat. These odds lower immensely when metaphysical abilities manifest in his opponents. Players are encouraged to arrange a sparring session with Sireine to settle any disputes that may arise.
Hand Weapons: Enchanted Bone Spear(nigh unbreakable), Enchanted Bone Hand Axe(causes festering wounds)
Ranged Weapons: None
Armor and Possessions: Enchanted Plate Mail and mesh(blocks mundane(non-enchanted) projectiles, absorbs dark energy, and regenerates if broken.),Enchanted Helmet(Can not be removed except for by Sireine, rendering head wounds nearly ineffective.) 2(two) rings of mundane value.
Cultural Familiarity: Lyonhardt knows enough of Godville to know that this land is a hodgepodge of broken realms. He is also fairly familiar with native locales.
Family: Deceased mother, unknown father. No known siblings.
Description: Lyonhardt stands roughly six foot three, adorned in white plate mail from head to toe. His boots look like they are dual talons rather than feet. Black material lies under the exposed parts of his armor, ensuring that no part of what lies under is seen. He wears a white helmet with a slit where his eyes would be. Glints of various color can be seen from beneath, though their meanings are anyone's guess.
Background: Lyonhardt is a staple view of the ruins, and considers them his prison. Under the dominance of his Mistress, Lyonhardt was reborn here. His own story remains a mystery to him, and his Mistress is secretive on the man's origins.
Deity Name: Yaldabaoth, the Demiurge, etc. It has many titles but only one name that can never be spoken.
Deity Type: Artisan of the Material(Physical) Universe
Virtue: Chance and Disorder, Absolute Loyalty
Abilities: Yaldabaoth was at the beginning of matter. It existed without shape or form until it fashioned the first singularity - the birth of the material universe in a single moment that would begin expanding outward. However, it can not be considered an artisan in a normal sense, for both the demiurge itself plus the material from which the demiurge fashions the universe are considered either uncreated and eternal, or from itself.
Note: By Sireine 's approval, the Demiurge is the penultimate being in our RP. If you have dispute with this, please contact her.
Followers: Its angels, even those fallen. All of humanity, their descendants, and all that would be created by them or within the universe. Well, technically. Some choose not acknowledge its existence and believe solely in another deity, or in none at all.
Familiarity: If a deity was born from another realm, they may know of the Demiurge. Not of what he is currently, but of his past. Yaldabaoth itself knows of most, if not all deities. Those born of dying realms and specifically born of Godville's shattered realm, however, he is still learning.
Description: Pretty much whatever strikes its fancy at the moment is how he appears. Currently, it has taken the liking of a tall man, dressed in a off-colored pinstripe suit with some manner of outrageous bow or tie. He has slightly pointed ears and his golden eyes are usually covered by designer sunglasses.
Character Name: Anafi-el
Race: Onaphim (Angelic Being)
Advantages: Often mistaken for a human and effectively immortal(even without resurrection.)
Disadvantages and Quirks: Shy, often aloof as well.
Skills: Astral magic, ethereal manipulation and can channel the Demiurge's essence in her body.
Hand Weapons: A staff and sickle.
Armor and Possessions: Her skin itself is armor, so she wears simple clothes. She carries a pack that used to contain bread sticks.
Cultural Familiarity: She is an angel from another realm, so her knowledge of Godville isn't the best.
Family: All other angels, fallen or not. They will recognize her as an equal to any of the Arch Angels.
Description: Anafi-el looks like a small framed human girl, often dressed in torn and tattered clothing. Her skin is pale, almost like an unpainted porcelain doll. Her eyes are black with the smallest hint of color, and she has unnatural white hair.
Background: During the great war of Earth, Anafi-el rebelled against Iahweh and the other arch angels and sided with mankind, believing that their kind did not deserve annihilation. Now cast to the realm known as Godville, she finds herself welcomed by her original creator, the Demiurge. A short time later, her Lord strikes a pact with the sorceress Sireine to protect Godville from the same annihilation, should it ever occur.
Character Name: Kae'in Lhasa-Vekris (Literally Dark Sand-Rose in her kind's tongue)
Race: Desert Elf-kin (Not a true elf, but closely resembles one in appearance and ability.)
Advantages: Quite attractive, graceful and the usual benefits of being of elven blood.
Disadvantages and Quirks: Quite unsure of herself, easy to frustrate and the usual fragility of other elves. Also, she gets cold easily.
Skills: She is a survivor, her endurance is quite high and has some basic pyromancer skills. She can manipulate fire from natural sources and create her own to augment her weapons.
Hand Weapons: A kusarigama made of enchanted steel(small chance of vampiric life drain(she gets healthier, opponent gets weaker.))
Ranged Weapons: Two throwing axes crafted from orcish steel.
Armor and Possessions: An enchanted cloak(protects against flame based attacks), simple clothe and leather garments, possesses elven chainmail, but rarely wears it.
Cultural Familiarity: She is well cultured in Godville, having traveled it for so long on her own.
Family: None that she cares for.
Description: Kae'in is a fairly attractive elf-kin, with a dark tanned skin and auburn hair. Even for an elf, she is quite beautiful, having limbs of sinew and a toned shape all around. This is usually covered, however, by a cloak that she wears.
Background: After her race's matron spirit abandoned her, Kae'in traveled the wilds of Godville for nearly four years. She would meet a human girl near the end of those four years who she came to adore as her younger sister. Eventually, the two of them would be led by the human's guardian spirit to the ruins of what used to be home to a legendary sorceress.
Deity Name: ?
Deity Type: Possessed Animal
Class: It's an Owl.
Abilities: Can heal minor wounds and cause psychological pain on physical contact.
Followers: Not known.
Familiarity: It can perceive other god-like beings so the Owl may have some knowledge of the realms outside.
Description: A pretty nondescript white barn Owl.
Character Name: Garwyn
Occupation: "Treasure Hunter"
Advantages: He's a good th-- Treasure Hunter, snatching treasures from other people's purses.
Disadvantages and Quirks: He thinks he's smoother than he really is. Also is seen talking to his Owl.
Skills: He's good with knifes, lockpicks, and stealth. Not the best, but far from the worst.
Hand Weapons: Iron shortsword
Ranged Weapons: Throwing knives
Armor and Possessions: Leather armor and steel mesh leggings. His backpack is filled with bird feed and whatever 'treasure' he has accumulated.
Cultural Familiarity: Not a whole lot, raised in Beerburgh. Knows about as much as anyone else.
Family: A mom and dad, both who disowned him.
Description: Slightly tan with auburn hair. He wears leather armor and has a feathered necklace that has several precious stones laced within it. He's about 5'9" and of a light built.
Background: After closing time one evening, Garwyn found a strange scroll that would lead him to the ruins. Also, his Owl seemed rather persistent about the matter. Before that, Garwyn was a bit of a failed romantic and considered the worst thief in his father's troupe.
My Own Nightmare
Deity Name: X'the'x
Deity Type: Being of Paradox
Abilities: X'the'x is a being of imaginary space, which can not exist in this 'real' space without creating a paradox. This paradox would annihilate even cosmic entities, as it is literally the breakdown of reality. X'the'x gains power as it takes energy from 'real' entities and fear.
Followers: None. Twila doesn't even truly count as a follower so much as a slave.
Familiarity: Why would it bother? It exists to devour.
Description: In its primal, physical state it is a serpentine arachnid that has six legs and a scorpion's tale. It is eyeless and its pincers are shapes more like classic scythes than claws. In its other states, (which will be informed within such circumstances) it appears as whatever its victim(s) fear, sometimes appearing as different things to each.
Character Name: Twila Nyx
Occupation: Homeless Wanderer
Advantages: Twila is quite athletic and mildly attractive.
Disadvantages and Quirks: She is, however, quiet and introverted.
Skills: Survival, Illusionary Magic
Hand Weapons: Hand knives
Ranged Weapons: Throwing knives
Armor and Possessions: A t-shirt, jeans and a hoodie. She also has a mp3 player and a cursed mirror shard.
Cultural Familiarity: She knows more about paradox and unreality than the world in front of her.
Family: None that she can really recall.
Description: Twila is a dark skinned Asian girl, who typically wears jeans or cut-off shorts and plain shirts. She's relatively short, only about 5'4" and weighs roughly 93 pounds. Her eyes are a green hazel and she wears her black hair in a straight ponytail.
Background: Twila has been in possession of a cursed shard from her earliest memories. She was visited by horrific dreams and terrifying nightmares. As she got older, she realized that the source of these night terrors was an entity from a keepsake her mother had given her. It was trapped within the shard. Finding how to restore the creature would lead her to a small cult who worshiped a Sorceress named Sireine.
Shadows of Light
Deity Name: Unknown
Deity Type: Unknown (Shadow)
Virtue: Not Known
Vice: Not Known
Class: Not Known
Abilities: Can manipulate Nathaniel's shadow, possibly other shadows; Possibility of other minor abilities such as enhancing Nathaniel's stealth, though there is no evidence of this.
Followers: Nathaniel Edwards
Familiarity: Not known to many other than Nathaniel.
Description: Very rarely manifests itself, but when it does it tends to show itself in Nathaniel's shadow
Character Name: Nathaniel Edwards
Advantages: Unnatural Stealth, Agile, Good with kicks
Disadvantages and Quirks: Lacks brute force entirely, not good against armored enemies.
Skills: Natural Stealth, Trained Agility
Hand Weapons: Dagger
Ranged Weapons: None
Armor and Possessions: Wears an all black ensemble, sometimes with a black hood.
Cultural Familiarity: Doesn't know much, probably less than others.
Description: Pale skinned male with green eyes and black hair
Background: Stumbled upon the ruins and was instructed to stay by his deity.
Deity Name: Syrnaeth
Deity Type: Goddess of corruption and manipulation
Virtue: Corruption, deceit,and manipulation.
Class: Master Manipulator
Abilities: Change forms at will, heal or harm her followers at will, create avatars, and perform magic of most types but specialized in wind and mind affecting spells.
Followers: She has close to a thousand followers between her various forms; each form has it's own doctrine it preaches giving her a varied set of followers. As Syrnaeth she only has one follower and that's Torheit.
Familiarity: She knows a great deal about other deities due to her various forms and games they play. She is aware of the other realms but knows little about them.
Description: Her primary form she uses in front of Torheit is 5'0 with long black hair and eyes like the night sky. Nobody has seen her true form since she first became a goddess.
Character Name: Torheit
Advantages: He is large and strong even by orc standards while still being intelligent.
Disadvantages and Quirks: Even when smiling he comes off as combative. His anger is always bubbling under the surface ready to burst forth with little to no provocation.
Skills: He has learned to mix traditionally dwarven and orcish fighting styles. His rage increases his strength and sometimes brings divinations.
Hand Weapons: An orcish great axe and a heavy steel flail
Cultural Familiarity: As a native of Godville he is fairly familiar with this world.
Family: His biological family is dead. His foster father is being held hostage by Syrnaeth. It is unknown if his foster father has more family or not as he was disowned for raising an orc.
Description: He stands at 7'6 and seems made of muscle. His green skin is covered in scars.
Background: He opened his own mercenary business where he finished heroes quests in an attempt to earn a good god's notice. Instead he got Syrnaeth who then dragged him to the ruins.
Character Name: Known simply as "Hunter" (Real Name: Spoilers)
Race: Eternal (A vampire-like race that feed from emotional essences.)
Occupation: Knight Errant
Advantages: Regenerating health, Inhuman strength, and is a skilled swordsman.
Disadvantages and Quirks: Distrustful, Judgmental, Can succumb to 'hunger'(a state in which is brought on by lack of feeding, and results in his appearance twisting into something bestial. Victims of this state enter what is known as torpor, a deep sleep.)
Skills: Martial training, Swordsmanship, and Charm Speak(Will imply when he uses this ability -- everyone has a chance of resisting.)
Hand Weapons: Double-handed broadsword
Ranged Weapons: None
Armor and Possessions: Blood plate mail(absorbs vital essences to strengthen itself) and carries a small satchel with traveling supplies.
Cultural Familiarity: Godville is foreign to them, but knows much of other realms.
Family: "Hunter" is the sole member of his kind in Godville that he knows of.
Description: Underneath the armor lies a well built human-looking male. His skin is tan, with sandy blonde hair and nondescript blue eyes. He could easily pass as a typical citizen of Godville without his armor that appears to be simply rusted.
Background: In truth, he does not know himself. He woke from a great battle between his kind and another and found himself in Godville. His life before him seemingly a long and forgotten memory.
Character Name: Billie Stone
Occupation: Alchemic Gunslinger
Advantages: Moderately attractive, sharp-eyed, agile
Disadvantages and Quirks: Foul mouthed, blindly loyal to her Lady and quite scrawny.
Skills: She is good at both close range and sniper shooting
Hand Weapons: A single 6 inch switchblade.
Ranged Weapons: Two flintlock dual barrel pistols, and one long-barrel, single shot rifle.
Armor and Possessions: A pack where she carries her various types of ammunition, it is enchanted and acts a lot like a bag of holding, and a clockwork eyepatch that improves her vision drastically.
Cultural Familiarity: She knows of the Lady Sireine, her legend and not much more.
Family: Natural family killed, adopted by a cult, possibly the only one, that still worships the sorceress Sireine.
Description: Barely an adult, Billie looks like an average caucasian girl of light build. She typically dresses in tight denim pants that are laced with white leather wrapping, a white leather vest with a white undershirt. She wears leather bracelets, also white. She likes her white leather, if that wasn't obvious.
Much of Billie's past is not a story for any
audience, but after she was spared the noose by a priest from a strange cult, she was raised and trained to be a tool for the Lady Sireine to employ as she needs. She travels to the ruins to discover whether or not the woman now calling herself Sireine is the same as in the legends, and if not ... to kill her.
|Page version 0.9c. This document will self destruct in 3 ... 2 ...|