Guild Name is the name of a guild.
After many requests from members and non-members alike for Guild Name-themed merchandise, Guild Name has opened its Shop Name. All royalties from sales, if we ever sell anything, will go towards rewarding members for their contributions to the guild.
Why Guild Name guild?
Have you ever looked at the guild list and wondered "Which guild should I join?"
Join the club!
We like to think that we are the default guild in Godville, as every time we ask someone how to join a guild, they answer join "Guild Name" guild.
If you pride yourself in genericness, or enjoy the quality of being meta, simply tell your hero
join "Guild Name" guild
and start your quest for mediocrity!
How does Guild Name guild help me?
Guild Name gives you an abundance of benefits:
- You will be in a guild
- Your name will show up on the guild list
- The Guild Name guild will show up in the Hero section of the Hero and Superhero pages, providing you one-click access to this page and two-click access to the Forum Headquarters, helping to save the environment by reducing clicks and page loads.
- The name of the Guild Name guild is easy to spell
- The name of the Guild Name guild will probably not offend anyone
- You can print the guild crest on a T-shirt and wear it without express written permission
- You will be included in the number of members
- When your hero reaches level 15, you will receive the ability to edit the Guild Name wiki page
- You will be treated as an equal member of the guild, depending on your rank
- You will have the satisfaction of being a part of something larger than yourself but that does not require a lot of commitment
- Invites and other bonuses from other Guild Name members/founders
- Your guild will not require you to neglect your house pets to be respected by other guild members
- You will have the opportunity to earn Guild Name Guild Points, which have a turtle on them. This opportunity is also available to non-members, but Guild Name members receive two additional ways to earn Guild Points
How do I help Guild Name guild?
As a new member to Guild Name, you may wonder what you can do to help the guild. According to Guilds, the best way to help us is to encourage or punish your character when your character is in a town. This will increase our guild's influence in the town, helping to spread our desire to be average to the rest of the Godville universe.
Don't forget!-the act of influencing in towns is not only an altruistic one-after you have influenced a bit, you will start to get free bold and activatable items when you get to the towns you influenced in. Thus you can help yourself by helping us as well!
Also, if you notice your character trying to join a different guild, you can always cancel it and stay with us, as it's almost guaranteed any other guild won't be as average as ours. Just send the command "cancel quest" to your hero or heroine until he or she listens.
To increase our visibility, you can also put a reference to *Guild Name* guild in your motto if you want, but please feel free not to as well-Guild Name appreciates individuality.
Feel free to add any of our guild members or founders as friends, and we will be moderately happy to answer any questions we can. It also helps to increase guild unity (not Unity) if members befriend other members.
Code of Conduct
The members of Guild Name feel that the following rules could be followed if you want, but don't stress.
- Thou shalt not take the game too seriously
- Thou shalt not forsake your real life for a video game
- Thou shalt treat all other heroes and guilds with at least a modicum of respect-Guild Name officially has no enemies from our side, although if other guilds or heroes want to dislike us, it's cool, we understand.
- Thou canst post in the forum and say hello
- Thou shalt try to spell things thou writes correctly if possible
- Thou shalt not worry about anything that is not actually that important when thou steppst back and considerst it thoughtfully.
- - The god of public relations and communication
- - The god of experimentation, canoe dancing and social media
- - The god in charge of art direction
- special broken Latin that Google Translator used to understand - the god of graphs and the unique ability to translate English phrases into the
- - The god of 70s band references and who created Guild Name's guild name, aka the Cheesemonster
Guild Name is not really a guild that holds value in ranks as differentiating value of members. However, we would like to acknowledge our members who have been with us long enough to make Cardinal rank, as we feel it is an achievement worth recognition.
It has been noted in the forum that occasionally Guild Name members will be granted "Guild Points" by one of the founders. Guild Points are like those tickets you get from prize machines in that eventually huge numbers of them will be able to be turned in for mostly worthless prizes. In the meantime, Guild Points are tracked here so that those who are collecting them receive the moderate quantity of fame and subdued admiration that they deserve.
Guild Name founders are unable to receive Guild Points ever since two of them (we're not naming names) went on a Guild Points-fueled binge and ended up in the Beerburgh prison overnight. Then another founder (again, not naming names) had to try and get his hero to go to Beerburgh and bail them out, and the hero wouldn't listen and ended up in Anville. It was a mess.
On Day 409 g.e., Guild Name had the closest thing to a constitutional crisis, as it was noticed that one person with Guild Points is no longer in Guild Name. We determined quickly and with utmost agility that it is actually totally fine for people who are not in Guild Name to get Guild points, we just have to restrict the rules a bit. As such, anyone in Godville can receive Guild Name guild points, but is not eligible under rules 1 and 7, because that would just be silly. We have added a Guild column to the table. It must be noted that prizes for Guild Points are also available for non Guild Name members, but they will be Guild Name themed.
Crisis averted, and in a Guild Name-consistent manner!
Things that can earn guild points:
- Posting a successful town influence by private messaging or with the information-if you have not friended either of them yet, you can post it in the forum, but there is enough going on in the forum now that influence messages tend to clutter it up.
- Recruiting a friend into Guild Name and having them post in the forums that you recruited them.
- Being sufficiently hilarious in service of Guild Name
- Suggesting ideas for the betterment of Guild Name
- Suggesting items in the IdeaBox related, but not too directly, to Guild Name and allowing us to laugh at them
- Copy/Paste posting a successful cancellation of a quest to join another guild in the forums
- Putting a reference to *Guild Name* in your hero's motto
- Getting into Godville Times (5 points)
|God Name||Hero Name||Guild Name||Points||Favorite Cheese||Guild Name Motto|
|Strapping Lad||Guild Name||too many||Boerenkaas Komijnkaas|
|Dirty Durden||Guild Name||88||Järlsberg||X|
|Princess Skittles||Guild Name||12|
|Sakura Matou||(no guild)||8|
|Leon Dung||Guild Name||3|
|Roman Polanski||Guild Name||30|
|Jake Steed||Guild Name||14||X|
|Smort - 42||Guild Name||70||Venissimo||X|
|Dayr||Guild Name||10||String cheese|
|Eggbert the Ovoid||Guild Name||24|
|Doctor Lynch||Guild Name||2|
|A Fallen One||Guild Name||19|
|Gertrude the Pink||Guild Name||7||Hunter’s cheese|
|Gypsy Sparrow||Guild Name||6||Munster|
|Afro Mr T||Jade Butterfly||1||X|
|Nollito||Guild Name||27||Moon Cheese||X|
|Shangri Man||Guild Name||38||X|
|Giada Lamour||Guild Name||22|
|Caethes Briseis||Guild Name||11||X|
|Cooper Dog||Guild Name||5||X|
|Rinoa Heartilly||Guild Name||3||X|
|Hokey Poloki||Guild Name||4||X|
|Foolpitier||Guild Name||10||Pecorino Romano|
|Theora||Guild Name||5||Chocolate Cheesecake||X|
|Dante Hicks||Guild Name||3|
|DaystriderCushbottom||Guild Name||4||English Huntsman|
|Captain Shizz||Guild Name||2||X|
|Carl Sagan 6||Guild Name||2|
|She Image||Guild Name||3|
|Ted Scheckler||Guild Name||2||X|
|Cookie Cutter||Guild Name||2||X|
|Helena Handbasket||Guild Name||1|
|Miha Ela||Guild Name||2|
|Lexy the bold||Guild Name||1|
|The Black Prince||LosPanProVik||1 pint|
|Alextheaverage||League of Adjudicators||1 pint|
|Dr Kenneth Noisewater||League of Adjudicators||1 pint|
Guild Origins and History
The Founding Era or the Climb to Irrelevance
The legends say that Guild Name was formed at lunch. It was actually formed in the 10 minutes after lunch, as the founders headed back to their "offices" to do "work". This date is generally placed around day 340 g.e. It then took another day before the guild founders' heroes finished their quests, making the founding date day 341 g.e.
However, using archaeological evidence and extrapolated data based on guild growth rates between day 359 g.e. and day 361 g.e. and assuming a linear regression, the number of members on day 341 g.e. would be -101.35, making the guild founding date day 346 g.e. based on a growth of 0.8187 members per hour.
Archaelogical evidence is necessary based on the numbers, because numbers never lie. Are the fallible memories of the founders really more reliable?
There are legends of members who joined before day 346 g.e., such as anyone who has a guild rank that would require more days. This evidence is being considered, but as it conflicts with the very complicated mathematical simulation of the linear regression, either foul play or divine intervention is assumed.
This period, from founding day (whenever that was) until day 362 g.e., is known as the "Climb to Irrelevance".
Then came "the Dip", the era where Godville's Unity calculation decided we were too large and started to cut members it did not consider appropriate. From these 321 members, Holy Random culled 75 members, bringing us down to our second low point on day 372 g.e., approximately 246 members. As of this point, Holy Random considered Guild Name's sacrifice to be enough, and began to grant us new members. On day 374 g.e., we were up to 256, suggesting the next age dawned then.
The Age of Uncertainty
This age came to be known as the "Age of Uncertainty", as over this period, Guild Name's Unity and number of members rose very quickly again, but then fluctuated slightly up and down (between two and three percent) every day.
This age has the distinction of being when Guild Name started to gain a foothold in the towns. The townspeople sensed these relative newcomers as non-threatening, and unlike most political figures, the Guild Name members did not promise the world, but they did pay their bills on time, they never talked at the theater, and they never were that jerk who left the pub early leaving friends to pay for all the drinks. However, the "Age of Uncertainty" included the fact that the town influence shifted almost daily as well.
This age also included the period where Guild Name dubbed its first chief masters, a title unbecoming of Guild Name's core democratic values. The paperwork has been prepared to make everyone chief masters, but we're just not sure to whom we should send it.
The Concrete Age
Guild Name had become a mainstay in the ranks of Godville guilds. The guild showed a consistent improvement in town influence, even making it to number 5 on the List of Guild Influences for a short time (due to a glitch in the influence calculation), but settling around place 6 consistently. Guild Name became more and more respected among other guilds, as the guild concept was non-threatening and the guild members spread the joy of being middle-of-the-road throughout the lands. Other guilds began to adapt some of Guild Name's ideas, and the guild became accepted as a Godville mainstay. This age was dubbed "the Concrete Age", due to its steadiness, stability, heavy weight, grey color, and relative affordability.
During "the Concrete Age", Guild Name dubbed its first Advisors, suggesting achieving new ranks to be a convenient way to signify beginnings of new ages in the future. "The Concrete Age" thus began on day 401 g.e. Guild Name still feels slightly uncomfortable about such differentiating and classification as ranks being ascribed to its members, as it just seems a lot of work, but doesn't really feel strongly enough to complain too openly.
Guild Name also was written about in Godville Times twice in the Concrete Age:
No. 181 – WEEKEND GODVILLE- Breaking news: • An epic tapestry named “Heroes of the “Guild Name” guild writing a letter to the Godville Administrator”, is being exhibited at the Beerburgh museum.
No. 188 - WEEKEND GODVILLE- “The Guild Name” guild invites everyone to join a psychedelic study group. Positive implications are guaranteed.
From this, it can be inferred that Guild Name is into writing letters, does not have a negative view of authority, is inclusive, and tends to be active on weekends. It is also of note that by day 412 g.e. in the Godville universe, writing letters is so uncommon as to evoke enough emotion to not only make a tapestry, but also have this tapestry considered epic enough to be categorized "breaking news".
The Era of Participation
Guild Name had established itself as one of the six most influential guilds in Godville, and this without trying to fight any wars or make any enemies. The fourth age began around day 431 g.e., when Guild Name's first few members became Chief Masters. This era was signified by the printing of the first official Guild Name t-shirt, viewable in our gallery below. The recipient, Eye of the Beholder. It was known as the Era of Participation due to the large number of participatory events that occurred during this period, and due to the members' superlative ability to participate with the best of them., will forever be known as the first person to actually get something out of Godville in real life. The era was also signified by 's four-pack, 's Alpenhörner, the 1000th post on the forum thread (also by ), and the implementation of the
During the Era of Participation, a Guild Name member,, became our first member to participate in the front page of Godville Times on day 443 g.e.:
Kvicca - 21st level adventurer, member of the “Guild Name” guild, with the motto “The Motto!”, stands at the 85th position in the pantheon of gladiatorship under the vigilant supervision of the god Zulkar. She is a huge fan of Deville’s pubs.
We are especially proud of her perfectly adequate motto, as well as her progress as a gladiator!
Another participatory event in the Era of Participation was Guild Name's first father/son members to participate,and .
Guild Name members also participated in liking cheese and classic video games.
The Aged of Cheese
As the dawning of a new era approached, the liking of cheese and the totally unrelated event of the Cheesemonster shedding his secret identity created a sort of dilemma-the Guild Name members knew that they must come up with new criteria for the changing of an age soon, as founders' ranks would soon change very rarely as they grew high enough. To test this out, the last three weeks of the Era of Participation were dubbed "The Aged of Cheese". During this time, Guild Name went a bit cheese-crazy, signs of which still litter the Guild Points table.
Important events in the Aged of Cheese include:
- The introduction of the Storytellers pantheon
- Founder being #2 and Founder being #5 in the Storytellers pantheon on the opening day, day 471 g.e.
- The voting of and to #1 (days 474 and 476 g.e. respectively) in Storytellers
- Three Guild Name founders being in the top 10 in the Storytellers pantheon (day 476 g.e.)
Day 476 g.e. was the day that the Guild Name founders as well as compatriotsand became cardinals, lending a sense of legitimacy to this crazy experiment and bringing a new era to the galaxy...
The Age of the Telling of Stories
Guild Name founders had become mainstays on the Storytellers pantheon, leading to the suggestion of the new era being themed on this.
This age was marked by the following events:
- Friend of Guild Name, Newbie's Guide to the Ideabox. It is worth a read if you're curious how the Ideabox works , posted his spectacular
- and 's crazy experiments with otters' noses reaching our forum thread
- The joining of Guild Name by our first temple owner,
- Cardinalship of many members
- Opening of the Merchandise Store
- A string of Guild Name members reaching the top of the Creation pantheon: , , , and
- Member reached #1 in Storytelling on day 504 g.e., and member reached #1 on days 511-513 g.e.
Guild Name membermade Godville Times on day 498 g.e.:
Caethes Briseis - 17th-level adventurer, member of the “Guild Name” guild, with the motto “Generic Guild Name motto”, stands at the 8th position in the pantheon of creation under the vigilant supervision of the goddess Karen Hickey. She is a huge fan of Tradeburg’s pubs.
Guild Name membermade Godville Times on day 500 g.e.:
Briguy82171 - 15th-level adventurer, member of the “Guild Name” guild, with the motto “Thundercats Ho!”, stands at the 57th position in the pantheon of creation under the vigilant supervision of the god Briguy82171. We've had many reports that a Godvilla has been afraid to make eye contact with him since their last encounter.
The Guild Name Guild Gallery is a place where member submitted photos of the gods or heroes can be displayed for the moderate enjoyment of all. It shows that both the gods and heroes have a wide range of interests outside of simple monster slaying and forum posting. Guild images such as crest versions, guild points, failed T-Shirt prints, and other miscellany will also be displayed here for posterity.