Gopher Wood, also known as Logs, Ark Wood or simply Wood is a rare and expensive type of timber, collected by heroes who have completed their temple, used to make arks. The reason this kind of wood, rather than regular wood, is used is due to the heroes' gullibility. Ancient manuscripts of questionable reliability dictate that ordinary wood is unsuitable for an ark. It is widely suspected that this was in fact written to help keep heroes out of town longer. There are five ways to collect these rare logs:
- Upon returning to their temple, heroes may find that a log has been left there as a gift or donation.
- Upon completing an epic quest, heroes may be rewarded with one to seven logs.
- Upon discovering the treasury of a dungeon, heroes may find one or two logs.
- Upon winning a match in the arena, heroes may be rewarded with one log.
- Upon activating a Golden pumpkin, heroes may find one log.
|I stopped by the temple and found a piece of gopher wood tied with a beautiful ribbon. The donor wished to remain anonymous.
--The hero of a happy god
It takes 1,000 logs to complete an ark. As heroes get closer to this goal, they climb up the ranks of the Pantheon of Arkeology.