Gold bricks are one of the most valuable items a hero can find. Only these are used to build temples. For a complete Temple, a hero needs 1000 of these rarities.
How to obtain
There's a multitude of ways the hero can obtain a gold brick:
- purchase one from a trader when the hero has enough gold and desire to buy one (over which god has no influence);
- receive one as a reward for completing the quest;
- randomly (but rarely) have one fall from the sky with an inscribed message from the god;
- find one when digging for treasure;
- as a prize for winning in Arena Duel;
- capture it from the defeated hero in a skirmish;
- randomly find one (sometimes even two) inside Deus ex machina, Box with a question mark or Pandora's box when they are activated by god;
- have one to three Bold Artifacts already in his knapsack converted into gold bricks when god activates Alchemical Transmuter or Philosopher's stone;
- have one magically forged from 3000 Gold coins through god's Influence.
Gold is considered the holiest of materials, though not the rarest, and has been since the beginning of civilisation. It is very unreactive (it's a noble metal) and so can stand up to the might of the elements (nobody wants their temple to fall down). It is also the most malleable and ductile of all metals making it easy to shape it into bricks. The only downside is that gold tends to very expensive and golden bricks even more so.
Symbol: Au (from the latin Aurium)
Atomic number: 79
Atomic mass: 196.996569 gmol^-1
Electronegativity: 2.54 (Pauling Scale)
Element Category: Transition metal
- The actual price fluctuates, depending on the current market price of gold bricks (can be seen in the 'Market Quotes' section of the Godville Times) and the place of purchase; about 2700 coins was the lowest price ever observed so far.
- The rumor is that the likelihood of gold brick purchase increases the more gold the hero has, but that was not reliably confirmed.