Frothman Islands RP
- How do I join and play? -
1. To make an original character, see guidance under Roles, and Send Role to Derelict Red or post on The Forsakens Laments main thread. You may use your already existing Godville character. If you choose an Oceana role, you will have to wait a little bit till the city is reached. You do not have to be a part of The Forsakens Lament guild to join this RP, any Godville player is very welcome
- name - age and gender - type of being/creature, need not be a "god", but any type of creature or empowered mortal - powers/abilites/weapons, being an original character in the land of Godville, you have much leeway to make your own power set. Powers will be closely scrutinized however in the interest of fairness and a good game - description/personality - backstory, need not be incredibly immersive, but some important for fitting your characters into the story * You may have a multiple character from Oceana, but as for now, only one Original character
2. Wait patiently for approval for your original character from Game Manager Derelict Red or any appointed RP council
- Agree that the GM and associates have complete power over RP proceedings, but will be fair and try hard to develop a fun RP - Be creative but realistic in your character creation. Certain powers, any OP tendencies will likely be rejected. Powers like omnipotence, omnipresence, time powers, and the like will quickly turned down - You can come late into the game, there may easily still be a place for you
3. If approved, discuss where your character will start out with Derelict Red or associates. It is simple
- Start out with the main force in abandoned city, sticking with the main group. (recommended) You need not be a part of the guild or have existing history with the group, insertion into the group is perfectly doable - Meet the main force on the Island, whether being a survivor or member of Oceana. Choosing this option may require more patience, as the main group will take a little bit to reach the Island. - Claim an important position in Oceana, where there is a long list of playable, simpler units, or some leadership and civilian positions. If you really want one, be sure to claim it ahead of time - If you have a really good idea or want a unique starting point, discuss with Derelict Red or associates. Brilliant ideas are highly welcome, we could hash out something that really adds to the story or makes a unique role for you. * Guild members do not get special treatment or advantages. There is one main plot, and those who follow it will get more attention
4. Writing in the Frothman Island RP
- There is no specific level of writing required for this. Whether you be learning English or like to write shorter posts, that is perfectly acceptable. However, there is some level of quality asked for this RP - that doesn't mean massive posts, perfect English, but rather suitable effort. Bare posts, one liners after a huge, descriptive scenario will be very exasperating. This is intended to be a slow moving, developed RP. and This RP is intended to write like a narrative story that can be read and enjoyed, but it should also be fun to write and not taxing. Don't be stressed - This RP has a large plot and will be updated, however, be patient, wait for the GM to update and develop situations. Inter character roleplaying and narrative is highly encouraged, developing story with other players. Do not expect the GM to develop every single little direction you pursue, the GM will be concentrating on the main group and main plot - On the actual RP thread, please do not ask questions or ask to join, rather refer to The Forsakens Laments main thread to ask questions or PM Derelict Red or associates with questions or to join. - If you are engaged with another player, give them plenty of time. This is intended to be a calm RP, please do not rush them or post ahead of them - If you have an original character and an Oceana character, you can roleplay with yourself or develop story between the two
- There will plenty of combat in this RP, still working on the best system
5. General Information
- Always feel free to PM Derelict Red for help. If you have absolutely no clue how to use the forums or RP on Godville, then we can have a conversation and I will help you the best I can. Or ask any experienced roleplayer you know - Any time you have an idea or suggenstion, please tell! We will be happy to improve the dynamic of the RP with character connections, plots, and more
- Roles -
Original characters - name/age/gender - description/personality - race/type of being - general abilities/weapon - backstory, why you are on Frothman Islands
* Original characters are allowed. Due to the nature of Godville, being "gods", abilities will be regulated and must be approved for sake of fair play. However, characters creation will not be restrictive; the enemies and even allies are very capable of opposing any overpowered abilities. Powers of omnipotence or omnipresence will not be tolerated for this RP; attempts at blatant godmodding or powerplaying will be either be ignored or punished. * Your original character can "die", that includes the hero/god. However, the Forsaken have brought along a creature, the Eptitaph Angel, that has the ability to retain supernatural essence and mortal genetics. In turn, the angel can restore you if meeting a grisly end. The process of restoration is unpleasant, and takes you out of the game for a little bit. Depending on what kills you, your foe may be significantly empowered.
- All characters must be approved
- Limited spaces for certain units like leader or guardians
- If unit or craft dies, you may recreate yourself, excepting Guardians
- Any attempts to change ability or weapons in city are subject to refusal or impossibility by inventors
- Any unit, except Guardians, can take on trainees or apprentices from civilians
Political/social Leader, leader of the whole city, a more narrative role, but can make some important decisions or advice - name/age/gender, should be above age 20 - description/personality (required, for this makes them)
City General, Janna Beast Lunter, also a Guardian
Chief Inventor, future upgrade
Other Chiefs, possible future upgrade
Four Guardians, powerful supernatural or genetically modified units, with all around improved health, strength, speed, and defense. If you die, you cannot restart as a Guardian but a normal unit. Due to the nature of the enemies, playing as a Guardian may prove more difficult than a normal unit. Certain powers will be very regulated, like anything interfering with time or space, etc. - name/age/gender, can be very long lived - description/personality (required, and can be developed in game) - weapon/4 abilities of choice, can be very powerful, should follow a theme (elemental, transformation, etc) - a fifth ultimate power, exceeding preceding abilities but not anything ridiculous
Soldiers, can choose basic weapons and abilities, not coming from supernatural ability but inventions or stimulants - name/age/gender, should be above age 20 - description/personality (not necessary, can be developed in game) - choose weapon of choice, (melee/ranged) no heavy weapons: rifles, machine guns, elemental guns, shotguns, snipers, silenced guns, energized swords or other melee, other steampunk like weapons
+ two attachments of choice: grenade launcher, flame launcher, stun gun, grappling gun, or something more fanciful
- two utilities of choice: defensive, escape, etc. Like shields, combat enhancement, but no self healing due to medic positions
* Can later change weapons and utilities from inventors
Pilots, can create a vehicle, flying, ground, underground, water, (water not very useful) with certain abilities and apitudes. All craft will be light craft, not massive cruisers and such. Every ship can hold one pilot and one mechanic - name/age/gender, should be above age 20 - description/personality (not necessary, can be developed in game) - craft name - craft type, air, ground, underground - craft emphasis, offense, speed, defense, scouting, etc - craft appearance - two main weapons - two utilities: no self repair - sacrifice utilities for ability to carry passengers
* Cannot change craft unless destruction occurs
Mechanics/Inventors, can remain in city or leave, have the abilities to fix problems and invent approved machines as game knowledge progresses. Can accompany pilots or soldiers and provide support. - name/age/gender, should be above age 20 - description/personality (not necessary, can be developed in game) - small sidearm - 4 utilities of choice, already have chance to repair ability, choose one ability for each subset below
+ Small object construction: a single device you can craft quickly of your choice (turret, armor, bomb, etc) + Escape/defense/support utility, can support other units + Escape/defense/support utility, can support other units + Large object construction/Large project: one that takes a long time to build. This need not be immediately specified at the beginning of the game, but as knowledge increases, you may begin to craft an object or research a project that will be a big boost to battles or the city * Cannot change any abilities in one life, but late game, can make small upgrades to abilites
Medics, can heal soldiers and perform other abilities against enemies. - name/age/gender, should be above age 20 - description/personality (not necessary, can be developed in game) - Abilities, Healing supplies and tough exoskeleton suit already included, choose two more: - Included, Healing allows for chance to speedily recover a unit, exoskeleton allows medics to carry units
+ Adrenalin, allows unit to recover from wound to escape or fight stronger + Stasis fields, for preserving a soldier from grievous negative effects for a short while + Jet/hover packs, durable long lasting flying apparatus, can carry one unit with you but is not a guaranteed escape + highly mobile stretcher unit, hovering stretcher that can be pulled through the air and works very well with jet packs + Protective temporary shields, small bubble shield protecting one or two units that takes much abuse but only for a limited duration + rapid air evacuation, allows instant escape with one unit but takes you from battle + diversion tactics of your choice, eg flash bang, flares, noise throwing
- One ability of choice:
* Cannot change any abilites until death, except for ability of choice
Leaders, can make tactical decisions that must be obeyed. They can accompany troops to battle, lead them, or remain at home to command. Bonus points to leading them on the front. Will be in charge of several players, can die on the front. Can be large scale leaders in charge of NPCs, or elite leaders, in charge of a few players. Carry heavy weapons. - name/age/gender, should be above age 20 - description/personality (not necessary, can be developed in game) - Heavy weapon, no attachments: rocket launcher, grenade launcher, laser, etc - One command ability of choice: bombing run, group teleport, group shield, large bomb, etc - Ability to command: Players under you must listen to commands or will be court marshalled and tried. You can of course take suggestions or listen to sage advice - Ability to command NPCs: larger amount of generic soldiers, make plays based more on numbers and rolls.
Civilian roles, shop keepers, cooks, tavern keepers, bar tenders, managers, gardeners, doctors, sentries, city mechanics, trainees, apprentices just anything really. - name/age/gender, can be below age 20 - description/personality (required, for this makes them) - role: civilians are more suited to just plain narrative. Support soldiers in taverns, take care of a place, more relational with other characters - Civilians face minimal risk from creatures inside the city mechanics
Native Islanders - name/age/gender, can be below 20 - description/personality - three lesser supernatural abilities (a good emphasis would be on survival), empowered weapon, or none
* Warning: This role would probably be difficult and boring, you might start out alone. Ask more about this role if you are interested, we will hash it out.
- The Island of Frothman -
The City of Oceana Oceana is a walking, sailing city of brilliant nomads. The population is 750,000, and every civilian past the age of 12 finds a discpline or job. They are a peaceful people, however, very ready and able to defend itself, the military making up one of the most important factions of the city. The city population is incredibly sychronized, every citizen knowing their job and getting it done on a daily basis. Where they hail from, the Nomads do not share much of, and they seem to distance themselves from their original race and land.
Oceana is a massive, technological marvel. The city base is metal and circular, with a perimeter wall of 70 meters, 35 meters being the base and containing the inner workers of the mechanical city. The city is defended by a large, highly advanced military, as well as five Guardians. Some of the most important roles in the military are the Mechanic Inventors, who keep the machine running, invent more marvels to benefit the city, and equip soldiers and defense. A variety of impressive vehicles are built here, including flying craft and highly mobile ground craft.
Oceana is incredibly unique in the lands of Godville, relying on a combination of mental ingenuity, technology, and powerful supernatural or genetically modified fighters. They are very practical but not condescending; for example they know for well the power and threat of the supernatural; they also are unusually kind and accepting, taking in many of the misplaced refugees from Frothman Islands.
The city is currently stuck in Bitterroot Valley for unknown reasons, a vast expanse of fertile forest and secrets.
Inside, there are four quarters: Military, residential, commerce, and gardens. Then there is the Underground.
- Military: soldiers, inventors, and leaders live and work here. It is the biggest quarter. - residential: Civilians live here. The smallest quarter but not cramped, space is utilized efficiently. Civilians mostly only sleep here. - commerce: where civilians work, eat, and play. Food, supplies, and entertainment is sold here, taverns, eating halls, and non military factories make up this quarter. This is the second largest quarter. - gardens: for growing food and pleasure viewing. Living on a giant machine makes these gardens a must for these nomads. The gardens is not the largest quarter, but branches of it extend throughout the city for beautifying purposes. - the Underground: this is where all the machinery for the city lies, like locomotion, defesenses, heating, fuel, and more. It is incredibly vast, and the city does not have a constant presense there, due to the unpleasant environment. When repairs and maintenance must be made, Mechanic Inventors must be accompanied by an armed guard, for the Underground has collected various creatures and dangers during the long journeys of Oceana. Like a jungle of gears, steel, and tunnels, the Underground is filled with hiding places, and only the hardiest creatures can survive the grimy atmosphere down here. - Bottom/legs: There is a few lonely outposts on the bottom of the city. The retractable legs, 50 of them surrounding the base, stick out like a crab, and are capable of moving the gargantuan city slowly across the land. Due to the size of the city, Oceana is able to bypass rough terrain, but unable to scale really mountainous land. - Walls: These walls are like a turle shell bristling with defenses. They have hallways and outposts scattered within hundreds of tunnels within the wall, and then more outposts stationed all along the tops. Turrets of various kinds are positioned all along the sides and tops of the walls, prepared for water, ground, and air assault.
Other land The Bitterroot Valley cuts through Frothman Islands, the mountain ranges on either side forming a neat separation from the rest of the Island. The Nomads were traveling through here due to the natural defense and safety of the mountains, their city nicely fitting into the valley. However, they are not halted and unable to progress. Why the valley is named Bitterroot, is not certain, as it is an incrediby fertile area with streams cascading into one main river down its length out to sea.
The Barren flats, only recently named, is the area on the west side of the Bitterroot Valley. The name fits very well, as the land seems irreversibly scarred like some giant battle burned the ground. Even the mountains close to the Barren flats seem scorched. A scrubby wasteland of dirt and debris, no one ventures here much as there is no shelter or food to be seen. However, the area is fairly small, and does not extend far throughout the misty Islands.
Other Lands to be disovered as the game progresses...