Here is a list of the most commonly asked questions concerning the remote control and the answers to them.
What does encouraging/punishing do to the hero?
- Encouraging can heal the hero, or can backfire and heal his opponent, or both.
- Punishing can damage his opponent, or can backfire and damage the hero, or both.
- Punishing can sometimes heal the hero.
- Both influences can melt gold bricks.
- Both influences can gain guild influence when used in towns (When in a guild, after level 12).
- They will strengthen/weaken his alignment, depending on whether he is good or evil.
- Both may result in gaining 5% Godpower (net loss of 20%, not 25%)
- Both may simply do nothing.
What are voice commands for and what are the most commonly used ones?
Voice commands are personalised messages from the god which may contain up to 80 characters. They can produce many desirable effects, never backfire, cost only 5% of your GP but also have a higher miss rate. The currently known list of commands can be seen here.
This instantly teleports the hero to the arena where he fights in your name to win a brick, a recharge, and all his rival's gold. He also gets three random artefacts, full health, and is sent to Godville, which is very handy if you have finished a quest and are a long way out of town.
What else can Godpower be used for?
Godpower is required to activate special items and if you have 100% GP you can store it in the accumulator until you have three recharges (after this you have to pay to get . The accumulator is like a back-up and can instantly restore 50% of your power for every charge. This allows your total of "free" godpower to reach 250%.
I ran out of Godpower! How do I get more?
The hero may decide to pray or sacrifice gold to you, or do a heroic act in your name. This refills your godpower and allows you to influence him once more. Also, if you have more than 5% you may want to send a voice to him telling him to pray or sacrifice in the hope that he will listen and result in you gaining more power.