|This fresh vision by WardPhoenix (U • C • T) has entered the reviewing process. It will be reviewed by a volunteer editor. Edits are visible in the and feedback to be addressed will be on the talk page (you can tell the author how great it is there, too).|
|Description||Comes in many shape, colour, pattern, odour, taste, personality, speaked language, philosophical movement, ...|
The Exotic seashell is characterized by bright colors and unconventionnal shapes compared to commons seashells founds on Godville's shores. But the more curious feature of this artifact, is the yet-to-be-proven fact they may be able communicate.
Or atleast, the owners of those shells pretends they heard voices from the shells. It have yet to be determined if those voices heards from the seashells comes from pranking Goddesses, from the shell themselves or from the troubled minds of the owners.
Outside of this chracteristic, this artifact is to no special usage as despite a good taste, it is highly poisonous and few are willing to risk their life to try it out. Hence, the Exotic seashell end up as a decorative item most of the time.
Discovery and Study
Since the appearance of Godville's seas in 2033 g.e. , heroes and heroines have brought back many treasures from their sail.
But one day, a hero brought back an Exotic seashell for some reason and sold it to a merchant curious about the unusual shape and color of this seashell.  The merchant then claimed to be told by the seashell to sell it to another merchant, which sell it to another one and another one, until it finally end up in the curious hands of a member of Office of the Mayor of Godville.
She quickly became one of the most important people of that administration thanks to impressive results and sneaky political moves. It is rumored that her fast rising is due to advice given by the seashell.
Population being concerned with this rumour of a shell game from the seashell , the Godville’s Institute for Marine Sciences (GIMS) was inquired for a study of this living artifact.  So far, studies have been quite unsuccessful as scientists claim "They won't come out of their shell." and haven't been able to confirm any communication from the Exotic seashell.
Samples of Voices Heards
- "Grab me, and together we will conchquer the world!"
- "Excuse me, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Cthulhu?"
- "Let's shellabrate our meeting."
- "I made a wish upon a starfish and there you are! Worst wish ever."
- "What the shell is going on there?"
- "Is this place your sandctuary?"
- "I was chatting with a Cellfish but she suddenly went off the line."
- "No need to be so shellfish!"
- "I am feeling pretty shore today..."
- "You almost make me want to come out of my shell."
- "I am a seashell what did you expected? Oh, a not-talking seashell? Well, too bad."
Notes and References
- "All of those ideas are pretty terrific actually." claim a GIMS' scientist. Godville, 2062 g.e.
- "I heard a voice from the seashell telling me to grab it. I guess it was my god's voice." told the hero to the merchant, Godville 2038 g.e.
- The Office of the Mayor of Godville states the Godville’s Institute for Marine Sciences (GIMS) missions as follow:
- 1) Identify and Study every species living from the sea and the seas’ ecosystem.
- 2) Perpetuating the seas’ ecosystem despite the heroic interferences.
- 3) Study the possibilities of breeding and use of some species in the society.