Greetings from E.I.S. Eternal:
Change or add what you like, this is what our members make of it.
We have a drinks menu and a members' lounge of undefined size but known to be quite large.
The members lounge is open to everyone, guests included, and includes several beanbag chairs, conventional chairs, and a sofa. Much of our furniture used to be part of some boss monster or other, which is why all the leather. Nothing pleasant or safe was harmed in the making of our guild hall.
All fountain drinks are served fresh from an actual fountain, because one of our templed members had more time and GP than restraint one night at the guild anniversary party and no one wants to remove it.
There is known to be a plot hole behind the couch. So no one drop your keys or anything back there, you may not ever see them again. For this reason, it makes a great wastepaper basket. And a Lost-and-Found when the Random is feeling cooperative. We keep our nonflammable guildwear in a small closet under the main floor stairs.
Suspicions of a Lag Monster taking up residence in this closet are as yet unconfirmed.
Erros, Demon of Typos, is known to occasionally stop by in the GC chat to sap a little life force and intelligibility from conversation. He is owned by The Only Good God , and makes favorite chew toys of Jimbob64 , SourceRunner , and The Only Good God in that order.
Otherwise, the place is mostly harmless.
What Is E.I.S.?
E.I.S. Eternal is an interest group-based guild here on Godville. Specifically, we're interested in enjoying the game in a pressure-free, drama-free, politics-free environment.
Rules of the E.I.S.
- Leave your drama and your politics outside the door. They don't get discussed in Guild Council. This includes anything that happens between two non-E.I.S. alts of E.I.S. members- if it did not happen in E.I.S., it never happened for the duration of your stay in the Guild Council.
- Discussions of competitive gaming are not to occur in the Guild Council. This goes for dueling, ideaboxing, and all forms of pantheoneering. Ideas, "what if" questions, and "help me understand" discussions are welcome, but invocation of ranks and statistics is not.
Get it? Got it? Good. We can be friends.
What Does E.I.S. Stand For?
It stands for anything we want it to stand for. We are an all-inclusive guild that doesn't care about your alignment, your motto, your standing in any particular pantheon. If you leave the rest of the world outside, you're welcome in our house.
Our motivations and goals are as varied as our members. Some of us enjoy digging into GV esoterica (nominally the Esoterica Interactive Society). Some of us enjoy collecting achievements (no proposed EIS acronym yet). All of us enjoy creating a relaxed and fuss-free environment for each other (no EIS acronym needed).
We have no forum thread, and likely never will. Our members enjoy a nomadic forum life, and tend to make camp in other guildhalls. Other guilds' patience with our eccentricity in this matter is greatly appreciated.
SourceRunner - Joined 23 May, 2012. Survived her first godiversary.
Incendiary - Joined the something of March, 2013.
Jimbob65 庙畜 - Joined March 23, 2013.
Mister meow - Joined March 26, 2013. Survived his second godiversary.
Aeroides - Joined March 26, 2013.
Veggie - Joined March 28, 2013.
Jimbob64 庙畜 (U • C • T) - Joined May 20, 2013. Survived his first godiversary.
The Only Good God - Joined [unknown, but it was a great day!].
Minet - Joined [Can't remember, maybe May?]
F1ash - Joined 16 July 2013
InfiniteCircle - Joined 13 December 2013
Para Bolus - Joined 25 February 2014
Add yourself to the list of members if you want. If you remember what date you joined, that too.
In fact, just add whatever you think would be fun. It's changeable later, and our history's being written literally every day.
Interested in Joining?
If you desire the quiet sort of guild life EIS offers, please instruct your hero(ine) to 'Join "E.I.S. Eternal" guild.' Any are welcome, but please leave your baggage at the door.
Hero wandering off before you're done?
In the event your hero recieves a randomly-given quest to join another guild, you can always let the Random take you where it will. But in the event you're not ready to call your stay here done, all you need do to prevent an undesired change of guild is the simple, direct reminder to "Cancel this quest." It may take several tries (heroes are stubborn, what else is new?) but eventually if you're persistent they'll all listen and drop these notions of wandering off before you're ready to.
After 135 days' membership, they take a hint- Cardinal rank and senior to that, no hero will leave for anything less than 4 weeks of no gameplay whatsoever, or direct orders to go somewhere else. No matter which way you choose, thanks for visiting. Fill out this survey, and- just kidding. Run, run for your life. Before you read something else lame we put here on purpose. Or if you actually like this sort of thing, then welcome home!
Quiet guild council mostly, during daytime on weekdays. It picks up on most nights, though, and we've got members from many time zones by now. NOTE: No longer consistently true, there's busy times of year when life and circumstance takes us to more important things, but when things settle down, we always come back. We'll be seeing each other sooner or later- pop into GC & say hello if you like. We don't bite. We're a silly bunch admittedly, but we don't bite. Well, most of us. Just a nibble.
What the heck does E.I.S. do?
Glad you asked! Periodically, E.I.S. holds celebrations for important events in our members' lives. These can be GV-related (godiversaries, guildiversaries, templings, meeting a goal) or real-life (births, anniversaries, memorials). They usually involve silly games in the Guild Council or on this wikipage.
Presently, E.I.S. is involved in the following research and development projects:
- Voice Command Keyword Research- We research and freely share results as regards keywords. This involves identifying keywords, keyword applications, the hiding of keywords, and identifying "loaded words" ("candied," "indigo," etc.). Our results are freely available to all who are interested. You have only to ask.
- Demystifying Ideaboxing- This project is nascent. The idea is to eventually develop a beginning and continuing guide to ideaboxing, demonstrating strategies for finding inspiration and locating niches that require filling. The form that this will take is unclear, yet. Suggestions welcome.
- Legends of Godville- This will be housed within the E.I.S. Talk page. These scraps of legend, short and long, will be developed for possible porting to other Godwiki pages in order to tie them together into loose narrative. Please see the Talk page for current ideas under development, if curious.