What Is E.I.S.?
E.I.S. Eternal is an interest group-based guild here on Godville. Specifically, we're interested in enjoying the game in a pressure-free, drama-free, politics-free environment.
Rules of the E.I.S.
- Leave your drama and your politics outside the door. They don't get discussed in Guild Council. This includes anything that happens between two non-E.I.S. alts of E.I.S. members- if it did not happen in E.I.S., it never happened for the duration of your stay in the Guild Council.
- Discussions of competitive gaming are not to occur in the Guild Council. This goes for dueling, ideaboxing, and all forms of pantheoneering. Ideas, "what if" questions, and "help me understand" discussions are welcome, but invocation of ranks and statistics is not.
Get it? Got it? Good. We can be friends.
What Does E.I.S. Stand For?
It stands for anything we want it to stand for. We are an all-inclusive guild that doesn't care about your alignment, your motto, your standing in any particular pantheon. If you leave the rest of the world outside, you're welcome in our house.
Our motivations and goals are as varied as our members. Some of us enjoy digging into GV esoterica (nominally the Esoterica Interactive Society). Some of us enjoy collecting achievements (no proposed EIS acronym yet). All of us enjoy creating a relaxed and fuss-free environment for each other (no EIS acronym needed).
We have no forum thread, and likely never will. Our members enjoy a nomadic forum life, and tend to make camp in other guildhalls. Other guilds' patience with our eccentricity in this matter is greatly appreciated.
Interested in Joining?
If you desire the quiet sort of guild life EIS offers, please instruct your hero(ine) to 'Join "E.I.S. Eternal" guild.' Any are welcome, but please leave your baggage at the door.
Quiet guild council mostly, during daytime on weekdays. It picks up on most nights, though, and we've got members from many time zones by now.
What the heck does E.I.S. do?
Glad you asked! Periodically, E.I.S. holds celebrations for important events in our members' lives. These can be GV-related (godiversaries, guildiversaries, templings, meeting a goal) or real-life (births, anniversaries, memorials). They usually involve silly games in the Guild Council or on this wikipage.
Presently, E.I.S. is involved in the following research and development projects:
- Voice Command Keyword Research- We research and freely share results as regards keywords. This involves identifying keywords, keyword applications, the hiding of keywords, and identifying "loaded words" ("candied," "indigo," etc.). Our results are freely available to all who are interested. You have only to ask.
- Demystifying Ideaboxing- This project is nascent. The idea is to eventually develop a beginning and continuing guide to ideaboxing, demonstrating strategies for finding inspiration and locating niches that require filling. The form that this will take is unclear, yet. Suggestions welcome.
- Legends of Godville- This will be housed within the E.I.S. Talk page. These scraps of legend, short and long, will be developed for possible porting to other Godwiki pages in order to tie them together into loose narrative. Please see the Talk page for current ideas under development, if curious.