Greetings from E.I.S. Eternal:
Change or add what you like, this is what our members make of it.
We allegedly have a drinks menu and a lounge but all that's known specifically about it is there's a beanbag chair, a coat rack, and a plot hole off to one corner out of which strange things may climb... and unlike your conventional wastepaper basket we never have to empty it out.
Renovations of the guild hall continue still, and the lounge now includes a doormat, no holes in the floor or ceiling, and a drinks menu.
"Fountain drinks" are served from an actual fountain of each type on offer, which is what happens when a hero with a temple and too much time on his or her hands mishears a deity considering additions for the member lounge.
More recently, there has been an effort to refurnish the lounge with the hides of all those giant boss monsters underground that somehow no one noticed tunneling until last October. There is known to be a plot hole behind the couch.
What Is E.I.S.?
E.I.S. Eternal is an interest group-based guild here on Godville. Specifically, we're interested in enjoying the game in a pressure-free, drama-free, politics-free environment.
What Does E.I.S. Stand For?
It stands for anything we want it to stand for. We are an all-inclusive guild that doesn't care about your alignment, your motto, your standing in any particular pantheon. If you leave the rest of the world outside, you're welcome in our house.
Our motivations and goals are as varied as our members. Some of us enjoy digging into GV esoterica (nominally the Esoterica Interactive Society). Some of us enjoy collecting achievements (no proposed EIS acronym yet). All of us enjoy creating a relaxed and fuss-free environment for each other (no EIS acronym needed).
We have no forum thread, and likely never will. Our members enjoy a nomadic forum life, and tend to make camp in other guildhalls. Other guilds' patience with our eccentricity in this matter is greatly appreciated.
SourceRunner - Joined 23 May, 2012.
Incendiary - Joined the something of March, 2013.
Jimbob65 庙畜 - Joined March 23, 2013.
Mister meow - Joined March 26, 2013.
Aeroides - Joined March 26, 2013.
Veggie - Joined March 28, 2013.
Jimbob64 庙畜(U • C • T) - Joined May 20, 2013.
Add yourself to the list of members if you want. If you remember what date you joined, that too.
In fact, just add whatever you think would be fun. It's changeable later, and our history's being written literally every day.
Interested in Joining?
If you desire the quiet sort of guild life EIS offers, please instruct your hero(ine) to 'Join "E.I.S. Eternal" guild.' Any are welcome, but please leave your baggage at the door.
Quiet guild council mostly, during daytime on weekdays. It picks up on most nights, though, and we've got members from many time zones by now.
64 Things We Love About Jimbob64 (Ongoing Since Sunday's Jimboree)
- He makes this Wiki (normally) look good!
- He has this nifty approach to information, like everything he knows is open source.
- He's highly knowledgeable.
- The puns!
- He is persistent.
- Nothing seems to get him down.
- He tries very hard to help.
- He's incredibly intelligent and devoted.
- Humble to a fault! or is it a vault... either way.
- An Awesome God
- His avatar when it sleeps.
- The care he takes with his artwork.
- Brainstorming with him.
- His capacity for observing details (especially in combat)
- His flexibility.
- He understands what you're trying to say when you can't seem to keep from typoing.
- He goes to great extent to build up others' confidence.
- Clever and quick in the self-lampooning department.
- Lays it straight out and on the line when necessary.
- Likes pie. Most sorts.
- Has great taste.
- Will speak wisdom and think nothing of it.
- Full of enthusiasm.
- He started a Flame Lounge thread for bookworms.
- Each new dig partner is a possible new friend to him.
- He has a quick wit.
- When he has a goal, he doesn't flinch from it, but works hard to achieve.
- Grace under pressure.
- Keeps his cool.
- Never rubs anything in.
- Analytical mindset.
- Squeezes so much info into your brain.
- Holds the longest, most enjoyable conversations.
- Takes care of his friends.
- Pool of knowledge.
- Easy, flowing wit.