|That means we think there's room here for some great new content, and we think you might be the right person for the job! If you feel inspired, we think you should be bold and expand or rewrite it!|
Monsters of Godville
Fields and office buildings|
Highly organized feline|
The Bureau-cat (Felis Bureau-catus) is a monster that is obsessed with order and paperwork. During combat, a Bureau-cat will often pause to catalog (a common joke used by the Felis Bureau-catus) the fight and their opponent. This makes escape and attacks simple if timed correctly.
Despite the fact that Bureau-cats are well and thouroghly organized, their history is unusually vauge and sparcely documented. They're known to throw out documents that are deemed unnecessary or too old, which are either sold or overwritten. Luckly, some of these documents have been recovered from the pockets of heroes, so a somewhat complete story can be put together.
The Incomplete Origins
A long time ago, an unnamed bureaucrat slighted the heroine of a powerful deity inside the town of Tradeburg. Once their god took notice of said wrongdoing, he sought vengance for her cherished heroine After many, many attempts to coax them back to Tradeburg, the god was able to find and punish the bureaucrat. The resulting godpower, however, didn't destroy her. Instead, she transformed into the first Bureau-cat.
Further documents describing the rise of Bureau-cat population have yet to be found. However, it can be theorized that similar circumstances would increase the amount of Bureau-cats up to the point at which they could reproduce normally.
- Highly organized - will remember and take notes on an opponent's attack style and reasonable counter-attacks
- Cute and fluffy - the Felis Bureau-catus' physical appearance may inhibit combat in more emotional foes
- Weighed by paperwork - the Bureau-cat will often stop combat to organize
- Subject to review - all Bureau-cats must be double checked by their peers, often making any action incredibly slow to be authorized
- Distraction - any string, yarn, catnip, etc. will serve well to distract the Felis Bureau-catus