Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 06:48, 27 May 2014 by BlueStapler (Thank you to Kingdada, Tae, Hershey Almighty, and countless others from putting together this list.)
Below are dungeon room hints that a Boss-monster is in an adjacent room:
- A huge beast's molted skin lies ominously at the heroes' feet.
- A light gust of wind brings in a strange scent and some locks of dark hair.
- A monster is singing off-key in a shower nearby.
- A sound of uterine growlings is coming from a nearby passage.
- Disturbing music starts to play.
- For some reason the heroes break out in cold sweat.
- Hero/Heroine (a random hero) complains that they're being watched.
- Ominous music leaks through the fourth wall, unnerving the heroes.
- Someone breathes heavily nearby.
- Something big and heavy is walking nearby.
- Something menacing is hissing nearby.
- The heroes get the eerie feeling that they are not alone.
- The heroes start to sneeze, as the smell of animal dander wafts across them.
- The heroes’ sixth sense rings an alarm bell.
- The room shakes periodically, as if a giant is walking nearby, causing the pots and pans that hang from the wall to shake.
- The sign on the wall says: “Caution, evil boss nearby.”
- The sound of a crunching of bones drifts by on the breeze.
- The weapons of the adventurers are starting to glow blue.
- There is a strange wheezing sound nearby.
- What looks like a tail swishes briefly across the floor and out of sight.