This page is lovingly maintained by the wiki mistress, Council members.. Please do not directly edit this page. If you wish to see anything edited, please contact one of the
About Blue Feather
Who we are
- Our core values are Kindness, Loyalty, Friendship, and Honor. We ask that all members show these things to each other and to the Godville community. Above all, we encourage our members to get involved, make friends, participate in the forum, have a tall frosty mug of Righteous Royal Blù, and most importantly, have FUN.
- While we strive to maintain a brightness alignment, a small percentage of evil aligned members won't make much difference. Encourage when you can to contribute to our overall alignment and treat your fellow guildies well to contribute to our success as a guild! The small benefits to healing and selling prices from keeping our guild alignment bright are nice, but not as important as keeping the community healthy.
How we began
What we sing around our campfires
Sung to the tune of Home for a Rest, lyrics written by
You’ll have to excuse me, I’m not at my best, God’s been gone for a week, I’ve been drunk since he left. This so-called quest life will soon be my death, Melt some bricks, beat a boss, head to town for a rest!
I arrived at the doctor’s, was stitched up galore, I sold all my loot, got fleeced at the store. I paid for a weapon I bought once before, Now it’s back to the bar to get drunk once more.
You’ll have to excuse me, I’m not at my best, Goddess’ gone for a week, I’ve been drunk since she left. This so-called quest life will soon be my death, Get some logs, win a duel, head to town for a rest! Take me home!
I visit my temple, to the Divine do I pray, Then back to the road, in town I can’t stay. Slay a monster or four, is my arm on the ground? I’ve died once again, hope my Creator’s around.
You’ll have to excuse me, I’m not at my best, I’ve been gone for a month, hero’s drunk since I left. That so-called real life will soon be my death, Pet’s knocked out, is she dead? send to town for a rest! Take me home!
This month I was busy, real life just took hold, I couldn’t log in, it happens, I’m told. Now I’m in a new guild, though I’m sure it is nice, I’ll join Blue Feather again, it’s my paradise! Take me home!
How to join us
- Your hero(ine) must be at or above level 12 to join guilds.
- Wait until your hero(ine) is idling on the road (i.e., not in a town or dungeon, and not fighting a monster, healing, or selling to a roadside trader).
- Do NOT cancel your hero(ine)'s current quest.
- Send this voice command to your hero(ine): Join "Blue Feather" guild. It may take several tries. Space voice commands at least 30 seconds apart.
- If, in the future, your hero(ine) tries to leave the guild, send this voice command: Cancel quest. This can be done at any time.
- If you neglect your hero(ine) for 28 days or more, s(he) will leave the guild.
How to join in
Blue Feather symbol
- To show guild spirit, you may add this symbol 丯 to your motto. It makes our guild more visible in pantheons, but the choice is of course your own.
- To receive messages from the Feather Council, especially during election time, friend the guild goddess .
- Join us in the forum or in the Guild Council (GC). We'd love to see you stop by!
- In both of these places, please be respectful of all community members and, in keeping with the spirit of Godville, use language appropriate to the game. Let's keep the game enjoyable to all. Please refrain from swears or other disrespectful behaviors.
- When your hero(ine) first joins a guild, s(he) will begin as a Fan (day 1). As time passes, s(he) will ascend the ranks. Passage of time is the only way to gain higher ranks.
- Recruits (day 3) can begin posting in the Guild Council (GC). While you wait, come find us in the forum!
- Chief masters (day 35) can contribute to the guild's duelery ranking.
- Cardinals (day 135):
- will stop wandering away to other guilds.
- can vote in the leader elections.
- can vote to impeach the current leader.
- can expel or impel any member from the GC of the same rank or lower.
- get a Careerist medal. You can receive the first Careerist medal from one guild, the second Careerist medal from another guild, and the third Careerist medal by rejoining the first guild until you reach Cardinal rank. (Thank you to and for confirming this for us.) So come back to us for your third Careerist medal! We'll leave your room and belongings just as they are until you return and welcome you back home with open arms.
- Hierarchs (day 200) are eligible to run for guild leader. Read more about Blue Feather elections on our election page.
- Phoenixes (day 800) are unique to Blue Feather, and the name of this rank is chosen by the elected leader.
- We are popular in almost every town of Godville and rank high in the Popularity Pantheon, providing our members with benefits such as discounts from traders, free artifacts and equipment, and access to our own private guild doctors for faster and cheaper medical services. However, popularity is not permanent but fluctuates day by day, and we need your help.
- To keep our popularity level high, keep an eye out for when your hero(ine) visits a town to heal or sell loot. You may want to send a Return to town voice command. Once in town, use Encourage or Punish (pro tip: doing so while selling loot potentially gets you more coins). Look for confirmation that your action had an effect on the guild; otherwise, it likely did not. For players with temples, miracles will also work and tend to have an even greater effect.
- Our highest popularity to date: Godvillewood, 74% on 15th May 2012 (737 g.e.)
- We rank high in the Duelery Pantheon and strive to do well in the arena as a whole. To that end, we try not to meet each other in the arena. Before sending your hero(ine) to the arena, please announce your intention to the Guild Council (GC).
- If you have a temple, announce t in (temple in). Otherwise, announce nt in (non-temple in).
- Upon matching, announce m. If you do not match, announce unmatched.
- If someone announces ahead of you but then does not follow up, assume that the arena is clear after about 15 minutes. It takes 10 minutes to unmatch, and throw in another 5 minutes for padding.
- If you announce but then find yourself matched with a fellow guildie, do your best and shake hands afterwards. It happens sometimes.
- For arena tips, contact or anyone else that catches your eye. We're all happy to help!
- Sparring is available starting at level 7. Find sparring partners in the Guild Council (GC).
- Underground Bosses can be found by digging outside of town or activating a dig item. Find allies in the Guild Council (GC).
- Announce boss chance when you've found a boss to allow others to join you. Announce m upon matching, and unmatched otherwise. If no one else digs with you within four minutes, you will be unmatched.
Exploring dungeons and sailing
- Dungeoning is an option only available to those with temples, while Sailing is only available to those with Arks.
- Find allies in the Guild Council (GC).
- You may see other players announce their intention to explore a dungeon with a time (e.g., :25). You'll notice that only the minutes are included, not the hour, and this is because players are spread out around the world and live in different time zones. If you wish to join in, do so at the time specified.
The Great Gremlin Hunt
- After many, many assaults on our members by gremlins determined to steal anything and everything they can possibly get their hands on, the gremlins went one step too far. They invaded the kitchen. There are some things that Simply Are Not Done, and anything that interrupts the flow of coffee and baked goods from the Blue Feather kitchen is on that list. Thus was born The Great Gremlin Hunt. Pop in to the forum or the Guild Council (GC) to participate. Post your gremlin sightings, and help us chase the varmints down!