This page is now maintained by the wiki mistress. Please do not directly edit this page. If you wish to see anything edited, please contact her.
About Blue Feather
Who we are
- Our core values are kindness, loyalty, friendship, and honour. We ask that all members show these things to each other and to the Godville community. Above all, we encourage our members to get involved, make friends, participate in the forum, have a tall frosty mug of Righteous Royal Blù, and most importantly, have FUN.
- While we strive to maintain a brightness alignment, a few evil aligned members won't make much difference. Encourage when you can if you want to contribute to our overall alignment, and enjoy the extra benefit of hero(ine) trying to leave guild less often. The more important thing is to treat your fellow guildies well! The small benefits to healing and selling prices from keeping our guild alignment bright are nice, but not as important as keeping the community healthy.
How we began
What we sing around our campfires
Sung to the tune of Home for a Rest, lyrics written by
You’ll have to excuse me, I’m not at my best, God’s been gone for a week, I’ve been drunk since he left. This so-called quest life will soon be my death, Melt some bricks, beat a boss, head to town for a rest!
I arrived at the doctor’s, was stitched up galore, I sold all my loot, got fleeced at the store. I paid for a weapon I bought once before, Now it’s back to the bar to get drunk once more.
You’ll have to excuse me, I’m not at my best, Goddess’ gone for a week, I’ve been drunk since she left. This so-called quest life will soon be my death, Get some logs, win a duel, head to town for a rest! Take me home!
I visit my temple, to the Divine do I pray, Then back to the road, in town I can’t stay. Slay a monster or four, is my arm on the ground? I’ve died once again, hope my Creator’s around.
You’ll have to excuse me, I’m not at my best, I’ve been gone for a month, hero’s drunk since I left. That so-called real life will soon be my death, Pet’s knocked out, is she dead? send to town for a rest! Take me home!
This month I was busy, real life just took hold, I couldn’t log in, it happens, I’m told. Now I’m in a new guild, though I’m sure it is nice, I’ll join Blue Feather again, it’s my paradise! Take me home!
Blue Feather Symbol
To show guild spirit, you may add this symbol 丯 to your motto. It makes our guild more visible in pantheons, but the choice is of course your own.
How to join us
- Your hero(ine) must be at or above level 12 to join guilds.
- Wait until your hero(ine) is idling on the road (i.e., not in a town, dueling, in a dungeon, fighting a boss monster, sailing, fighting a monster, healing, or selling to a roadside trader).
- Do NOT cancel your hero(ine)'s current quest.
- Send this voice command to your hero(ine): Join "Blue Feather" guild. It may take several tries. Spacing voice commands about 30 seconds apart will increase your chance of success.
- If your hero(ine) tries to leave the guild against your wishes, send this voice command: Cancel quest. This can be done at any time except during a duel, a dungeon, a boss fight or a sail.
- If you neglect your hero(ine) for 28 days or more, s(he) will leave the guild automatically. You will receive an e-mail to your recovery email address after 3 weeks of neglect.
- Join us in the forum or in the Guild Council (GC). We'd love to see you stop by!
- In both of these places, please be respectful of all community members, and adhere to the terms of service as well as game rules. Let's keep the game enjoyable to all.
- When your hero(ine) first joins a guild, s(he) will begin as a Fan (day 1). As time passes, s(he) will ascend the ranks. Passage of time is the only way to gain higher ranks.
- Recruits (day 3) can begin posting in the Guild Council (GC). While you wait, come find us in the forum!
- Chief masters (day 35) can contribute to the guild's duelery and adventure ranking.
- Grand masters (day 90) will stop receiving random quests to join other guilds.
- Cardinals (day 135):
- can vote in the leader elections.
- can vote to impeach the current leader.
- can expel or impel any member from the GC of the same rank or lower.
- get a Careerist achievement. You can receive the first Careerist medal from one guild, the second Careerist medal from another guild, and the third Careerist medal by rejoining the first guild until you reach Cardinal rank. (Thank you to and for confirming this for us.) So come back to us for your third Careerist medal! We'll leave your room and belongings just as they are until you return and welcome you back home with open arms.
- Hierarchs (day 200) are eligible to run for guild leader. Read more about Blue Feather elections on our election page.
- Phoenixes (day 800) are unique to Blue Feather, and the name of this rank is chosen by the elected leader.
- We are popular in almost every town of Godville and rank high in the Popularity Pantheon, providing our members with benefits such as discounts from traders, free artifacts and equipment, and access to our own private guild doctors for faster and cheaper medical services. However, popularity is not permanent but fluctuates day by day, and we need your help.
- To keep our popularity level high, keep an eye out for when your hero(ine) visits a town. You can send a Return to town voice command if you want to speed it up. Once in town, use Encourage or Punish (pro tip: doing so while selling loot potentially gets you more coins). For players with temples, miracles will usually work much better.
- Our highest popularity to date: Godvillewood, 74% on 15th May 2012 (737 g.e.)
Gameplay in a guild
- We rank high in the Duelery Pantheon and strive to do well in the arena as a whole. This is easier if we do not fight each other in the arena. To this end, you may announce your intention to the Guild Council (GC) before sending your hero(ine) to the arena.
- If you have a temple, announce t in (temple in). Otherwise, announce nt in (non-temple in).
- Upon matching, announce m. If you do not match, announce unmatched so that others can send.
- If someone announces ahead of you but then does not follow up, assume that the arena is clear after about 15 minutes. It takes slighty more than 10 minutes to unmatch, and throw in another 5 minutes for padding.
- If you announce but then find yourself matched with a fellow guildie, do your best and shake hands afterwards. It happens sometimes.
- For arena tips, the wiki article "Arena" is a good place to start. Hairplug4Men's arena guide may also be of help. And feel free to ask in GC or message anyone that catches your eye. We're all happy to help!
- Sparring is available starting at level 7. You can find sparring partners in the Guild Council (GC).
- You can only spar gods in your friend list. One person needs to send the sparring invitation, which costs 50% godpower. The other person needs to accept the invitation in 5 minutes, so it's best to coordinate beforehand.
- A win in a sparring match is awarded with some experience, while a loss is not penalized in any way. Sparring with a friend for the first time will also advance your progress getting the coach achievement.
- Underground Bosses carry gold, loot and often gold bricks, making them good targets.
- They can be found by digging or activating a dig item outside of town. If at least 2 heroes(heroines) find a boss within about 4 minutes, they will start fighting a boss. Otherwise the hero(ine) will resume regular activities.
- You can find allies in the Guild Council (GC) by announcing dig boss chance when you've found a boss so that others can try digging to match you. Announce m upon matching, and unmatched otherwise.
- The god guide for digging efficiently. has written a great
Dungeoning and sailing
- Dungeoning is an option only available to those with temples, while Sailing is only available to those with Arks.
- You can find allies by asking in GC or by announcing the time you will drop to dungeon. The time is set by stating the type of adventure and the minute (e.g., D:25 for dungeon at the next XX:25). The reason that the hour is not specified is because players are spread out around the world and have different time zones. The person who announces is usually the driver by default. If you see such an announcement and wish to join, send when the Godville clock turns to the specified minute (this is especially important in the case of dungeons, as the queues are often quite crowded}.
Weekly guild events
- TARGET THE TOWN: Remember to target towns on days the news forecast is favorable for guild influence. Target any town you wish with influences to raise guild popularity.
- FUN FACT FRIDAYS: Every Friday, share a fun fact with the guild in the forum.
- WELCOME WEDNESDAY: See the week's newest members in the GC topic and help welcome them to the guild.
- 2016 Jul: The Too Sexy For My Shirt Duel Tournament
- 2017 Sep: Nameless Duelling contest
- 2017 Oct: Dungeon Tourney
- 2017 Nov: Sail Tourney