|Class||Cute, flightless waterfowl|
|Habitat||Cartoon musicals requiring dancing & Documentaries narrated by Morgan Freeman|
|Tame at levels||18-32|
The Ballpoint Penguin (Biro pinguis) is a tameable monster said to be mightier than the swordfish. They have flippers instead of wings like most birds, so they cannot fly. On land, they waddle instead of walking, but are mostly able to maintain the pace of your hero. They walk upright, though when snow conditions are right, they will slide on their bellies.
They are known to squirt ink into an attacker's eyes as a defense mechanism. As an offense mechanism, it has been known to forge famous hero’s signatures onto checks.
They can be one of your hero's first pets. The ballpoint penguin does not hibernate, but as your hero goes to bars, it tends to stay alongside in order to ensure it can eat and drink at every opportunity - so as to store fat reserves for later.
- Can overwhelm some lower-level monsters with its forgeries
- Will be popular enough to be found by your hero fairly quickly
- Will once in a very great while decide to write an inspirational note to your hero
- Can restore some health to hero
- Runs out of ink after awhile
- Likes to eat and sleep as much as your hero
- Will occasionally eat items out of your hero’s pack.
- Able to yawn to put monsters to sleep, allowing hero/heroines to finish them off.
- Is not very brave.
- One of its attacks is used to generate a somewhat weak static electricity attack, or roar loudly.
- Has been known to rarely bring random artifacts.
- At times will point your hero in the correct direction.
- Has been known to occasionally bring healing items to the hero/heroine, before usually eating them with great pride. With experience they have been known to physically heal their owner.
- With experience, Ballpoint Penguins have been known to sacrifice themselves to save the lives of their master.