Difference between revisions of "Archnemesis"
m (removing bold text after first instance, adding hero or heroine)
Tags: mobile edit mobile web edit
|Line 39:||Line 39:|
Latest revision as of 20:27, 5 July 2021
|Habitat||Tavern tables and blacksmith forges|
|Death Rattle||Are you sure that's good for you?|
|Artifact||"I am Heroine's Name Here" badge|
|Description||Sickly thin and spotty|
|Part Level||Level 1–2|
Now a nemesis is something that cannot be overcome or defeated, but as we all know, our mighty heroines can overcome all obstacles. The Archnemesis is mostly just a figment of our heroine's imagination, symbolic of that inability to finish that last tankard of beer, eat that the last donut in the box, or melt that final gold brick.
The Archnemesis is a shapeshifter, a dimorph, a fleeting ghost, a wraith, a true nightmare of a beast. Its appearance is often sickly, thin, sober and underfed, but it can move with lightning speed. It barks out catcalls, it jeers, it mocks, it ridicules. It can only be overcome by Divine Guidance and a lightning bolt or two.
- Undermining a heroine's ability to drink all night
- Extremely efficient with a long blade
- Blowing out forge fires
- Praise - a little Divine Touch makes it shrivel like a salted slug
- Crumbs - they can't bear to see the remains of a hearty meal
- Shiny armor - an Archnemesis will always recoil at its own, true, wasted image
- Quaffing - nothing disturbs the Archnemesis more than beer spilled down the beard from slaking a lusty thirst
- Due to certain heroines' childhood hang-ups and emotional scarring, the Archnemesis can also appear in the following sub-species...
|Majora||Ancient Demon • Archnemesis • Ark Enemy • Hellephant • Hellevangelist • Heromnivore • Jack Lantern • Overtaker • Tinkerhell|
|Domestica||Inner Demon • Satan Claus|
|Fortis||Dust Devil • Devil Wearing Nada • Hellevator Operator • Holykeeper • Game Overlord • Secret Satan • Shock Therapist • Traumaturge|
|Eldritch Abominations/Horrors||Actual Monster • Bandwidth Devourer • Daymare • Eternal Optometrist • Logistical Nightmare • Slender Man|
|Demons/Devils||Ape of Wrath • Beelzebieber • Beelzebubba • Beelzebubble • Bio-degrader • Brat Out of Hell • Carpe Demon • Devil Dog • Devil's advocate • Dirt Devil • Dream Shatterer • Encyclopedia Salesman • Evil Monkey • Hell's Kitten • Hell Kitty • Imp-Personator • Mailer Daemon • Maître Demon • Maxwell's Demon • Murdersquito • Prawn of Satan • Satan's Little Helper • Shoulder Devil • Traffic Clone|