“Wish you were beer” postcard
|“Wish you were beer” postcard|
|Description||Postcard, often considered companion to the Intergalactic postage stamp.|
|Value||10 gold coins.|
The "Wish you were beer" postcard is an artifact found in Godville. It bears an image of a scrolling banner that says “Wish you were beer,” usually over the image of the picturesque territory where it was printed.
Conceived as a “collect all 100”-style item by the enterprising W. H. O. Murphy, these artifacts are sold in packs of twenty to various tourism board offices, which sell them individually at a profitable mark-up to various tourists of the heroine or monster persuasion. Each territory, town, and famous milestone offers an associated postcard. As a result, collectors will sometimes hold swap-meets to trade duplicates for coveted additions.
Instructions for use
Write a message for a fellow hero or heroine, affix a stamp, and send it through the Godville Postal Service.
The merchants most likely to give the bearer a good price for the "Wish you were beer" postcard are the traders who are completing collections and the hero-traders who are feeling nostalgic for the places they used to visit on their quests. When trading, it is important to remember:
- Traders without a heroic background look for pristine examples of this artifact, but will accept a little bit of foxing around the edges.
- Hero-traders may get a little teary-eyed at the sight of pet damage to this artifact, so be prepared for pet treats to result.
- Some collectors find the marginalia of a filled-out postcard intriguing. In this case, the seller may earn a higher price if the postmark on the postcard matches the territory depicted on the face.
- Milestones 1, 100, 404, 502, and 1000 are all featured in the "Wish you were beer" collection.
- Since the fire, combustible collections have been moved into the annex equipped with xenon-pumped suppressant systems. Clay tablets and other non-combustible items may still be found in the main building.