|Description||Be careful of what's inside...|
|Cost||50% of godpower|
|Effect||Affect in a good or a bad way (Black boxes)|
Find out who, what, when, where, why, and how is the first of two in a chain of mini-quests. It is rewarded with a Wonderbox and followed by Go there, do that, get the t-shirt. The hero will not encounter a boss.
The Wonderbox stems from an old and malevolent evil. It was a gift to a hero from the Norse God Loki who was notorious for shape-shifting and malicious sense of humor.
The contents of the Wonderbox will vary greatly depending on the owners mood, happiness, length of beard stubble and general state of inebriation, which we established as "the more the better" after some serious field trials, at least we think we remember that we established it.
Known contents of the box have been gold coins, sharpened razors, bottles of non-alcoholic beer, whoopee cushions and great plagues of fire ants — so you can see the general idea.
- Find out who, what, when, where, why, and how; reward: Wonderbox
- Go there, do that, get the t-shirt; reward: ‘I love Godville’ T-shirt
Example of use
This item can affect your hero in a good or bad way (requires 50% of godpower to activate this item)
There are many possible outcomes of activating a Wonderbox.[N 1]
- Positive outcomes include finding the following inside:
- Gold coins (around 100-9926, though more than 9926 gold coins have been discovered)
- Golden bricks (usually one, but up to three have been discovered)
- A notarized document stating that the hero has died fewer times than thought, which reduces a hero’s death count by one or two, and increases your position in the pantheon of survival
- A scroll with instructions for a premature level up, which immediately increases the level of the hero by one
- Nothing, but a hero gains experience points (around 3000) in the process
- Tribbles, which are released into the hero's inventory
- Negative outcomes include:
- Finding a notarized death certificate inside, which increases a hero's death count by one, and reduces your position in the pantheon of survival
- Finding a note inside stating that some of the hero's experience points were achieved by dishonest means, which reduces the hero's experience points
- Releasing a spiteful gremlin from inside the item that will steal about half of the hero's gold coins
- Nothing happening. If your hero has not completed their temple, the annoyed hero tries to break the Wonderbox with a golden brick resulting in the loss of the item and the golden brick. If the temple is complete, nothing happens but the loss of the artifact and expenditure of godpower.
Overall, positive effects are much more likely than negative effects.
Based on trial and error and numerous instances, when not having enough god power to activate a deus ex machina, upon using an accumulator charge and then activating the said artifact, would usually cause a negative effect. For example having only 5% GP, upon using a charge to restore to 55% and then activating the deus ex machina will tend to give a negative outcome. (Disclaimer: It may just be that the certain god and hero were just unlucky)
|"Black Box" Activatable Artifacts|
|Box with a question mark • Continuum transfunctioner • Davy Jones’ locker • Deus ex machina • Dimensional destabilizer • Improbability drive • Mystery box • Pandora's box • Wonderbox|