User talk:His portliness/sandbox
I was wondering, do you intend to have this as a subsection of Help:Requests, or to have it as a standalone? Because I think it could be useful not having 36 different pages for support. But maybe there is argument for having it standalone?
- I thought about this a nit, and this is a big reason I want input. I think a standalone would make it simpler, with a link from the Help:Requests page coming here. On the other hand, having many help pages is confusing. Perhaps there is a way to have one page for help with nothing on it except a list of the different types of help available and a link to each one. Meaning if you want to submit an article for conversion click here, if you want help with general gameplay click here (insert link to appropriate forum), etc. This way there is one address for everything, and topics can be added and removed as needed. I do think that the Help:Requests page needs an overhaul anyway. Maybe start a discussion there :)
- --His portliness (talk) 18:41, 31 October 2020 (UTC)
- I kind of agree with your opinion. I personnally like how the Help:Requests is made and think it's a great idea (in fact, I was the very first one to use it to request help for correcting an article).
- But lately I noticed that, despite the page being in the front menu alongside the Creators Manual and the Guidelines, that people try out things on their page once or twice and then give up.
- So I am always wondering of the why those people just dont click on that help:request and ask for help while the page tell them so.
- Maybe Main Page could use an overhaul as well? Maybe the Help page could be included in the creation/editing message and on the sidebar? I don't know.
- At some point I was envisaging a survey (see Main page talk) but the idea kinda stayed as an idea.
- To come back at the main topic, maybe a single page with link toward different help could work (we can imagine Help:Request/Edition ... /Conversion) but in the end it might be harder to handle on volunteer side. Might want others opinion on that subject. -- WardPhoenix (talk) 23:48, 31 October 2020 (UTC)
- Main page can afford a facelift too. Maybe make it look a bit more modern and polished. I saw the idea of a survey, and it's a great idea. Including the help page on a sidebar would definitely make it more accessible. I wonder how many players actually read the main page...
- --His portliness (talk) 06:56, 1 November 2020 (UTC)