Several Voice of god
Commands and Effects
Here is a list of command words which when included in a voice can cause the stated effect:
- Quest: If it works hero gains an extra 5% (may vary) to complete the current quest. Works on guild change requests.
- Abandon/Cancel/Drop/Stop quest: May cause hero to drop the current quest where it is and head back to Godville for another immediately. Divine permission to stop risking life and limb for a while is every hero's dream... to a point. If enough quests are left incomplete, the hero will get whiny about never being allowed to do what he or she chooses and will stubbornly continue the current quest regardless. NOTE: Canceled quests give no reward, and the next quest assigned will not cause the quest counter to increase from the canceled one. Used in canceling Epic quests for personal preferences, mini quest for the same, and far and away most commonly used to stop a hero leaving the god's preferred guild on a random join quest. Note also: that the "quest" is required--a simple "stop" or "cancel" will not work.
- Die: Hero commits suicide. Be careful, as your hero will take any possible excuse to get out of being a hero and having 'die' anywhere in your godvoice will give your hero that excuse.
- Dig/Gold/Treasure: Dig for buried treasure (gold, artifact, or sometimes even golden brick; when done simultaneously with another hero an underground boss-monster can be dug). Note: If you want to avoid boss monsters, dig when your hero has less than 30% HP.
- Enroll/Join "the guild name" guild: Join a guild. (Works while questing)
- Go to town/back to town/Return: Go back to town; there's some evidence that "Go to <town>" will sometimes cause a hero to skip the closest town and go to one further back on the path. (Note that, contrary to an earlier version of this entry, the command "Town" has no effect.)
- Heal/Drink/Good/Eat/Live/Rest/Restore: Recovers hero's hit points.
- Learn: Acquire extra exp from nowhere. Amount of experience you gain become insignificant as your level increase.
- Pray/Dream/Praise/Light/Love/Temple/Worship/Give/Watch/Prayer/Kneel/Knees: Hero gets down on his knees and prays.
- Sacrifice: Hero makes a sacrifice to his god. This offering can be in gold coins or in the form of an artifact from the hero's inventory.
- Attack/Destroy/Hit/Kick/Knock/Punch/Smite/Strike/Wrath: Causes hero to inflict extra damage on opponent.
- Sending a voice without any actual words (an "Empty Voice" command) will either confuse the hero, make them find a random Artifact of any type, or kick a potential Monster out of the way.
- Several command words are recognized by the hero, but get no effect other than a smart remark. Here are a few: day, mortal, god(dess), beer, fool, mistake, potato, solve.
When to Send Voice Commands
A hero has a greater chance of responding to non-arena voice commands (all the voice commands in the previous section except the "attack/destroy/hit, etc commands) if the voice command is sent when the hero is traveling. In other words, a voice command should be sent while the hero is away from a town, not fighting a monster, and essentially just walking to the next milestone.
- Do not give the voice command while the hero is fighting a monster
- Do not give the voice command while the hero is in town
- Do not give the voice command while the hero is healing, including resting under a tree
- Do not give the voice command while the hero is selling items to a roadside trader
- Do not give the voice command while the hero is in a dungeon
If the hero does not respond, wait 30 seconds, then give the voice command again. Do not give more than two voice commands within 60 seconds, because that is almost always a waste of godpower.
In the Arena
In the Arena, only certain voices work. If a voice works, the blue entry detailing the use of the voice will be immediately followed by another blue entry detailing the results of the voice. Your opponent's voice commands and the results of it will show up in red. These are possible voices:
- Strike/kick/beat/crush/hit/attack/smash/smite/punch/tramp: Causes hero to inflict extra damage on opponent.
- Heal/health/rest/drink/restore/wounds: Recovers hero's hit points. Sometimes, the hero may mishear this command and strike the opponent for extra damage instead.
- Pray/give/praise: Recovers a portion of your Godpower.
- Block/brace/cover/defend/resist/shield: Reduces the damage taken by the hero on the round they hear it.
To maximize assistance to a hero, a voice command should be give in every round of a fight.