A question from User:Cusack on Talk:A.I. Capone promoted me to think a little about what this hatnote is intended to achieve for our wiki. What I said in my answer over there was that it's an invitation to contribute, and I think it's intended that way, but I think it comes across too stern, and not encouraging enough.
I'm thinking of something along these lines, but since this is a very widely used template, I'd like some opinions!
|be bold and expand or rewrite it!That means we think there's room here for some great new content, and we think you might be the right person for the job! If you feel inspired, we think you should|
Or with type parameter, for example,
|be bold and expand or rewrite it! You can take a look at Guideline: Monster Articles for guidance on this type of article.That means we think there's room here for some great new content, and we think you might be the right person for the job! If you feel inspired, we think you should|
- This could make it a little less blunt i guess. Maybe we should details it in the stub category afterward.--WardPhoenix (talk) 21:27, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- Ohh! Putting a guideline in there is a great idea. At least people won't get hung up on thinking if the article they wrote is good enough. Cusack (talk) 23:22, 9 October 2019 (UTC)
- I simplified the phrasing of the last sentence into a first conditional, rather than my ridiculous double conditional past subjunctive, and highlighted be bold. Still not 100% happy, but I'm glad you guys think it's worth doing.
- And yes, WardPhoenix, I was also thinking of some explanation at Category:Stubs! -- Djonni (talk) 04:22, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
- Well i had a sudden though and wondered if we should also had a references to the Creators Manual, even in the original stub template, but I leave that up to you to decide.
- I also switched the reference of Entertainment to Taverns in the template doc(all entertainment articles were taverns...). --WardPhoenix (talk) 15:37, 27 October 2019 (UTC)