Talk:Water balloon launcher
Some suggestions for inspiration on first person Godwiki writing
, I have some suggestions how you might keep the first person perspective and tone of this great piece, and still keep within the norms of the Godwiki.
There are some examples of first person perspective writing among the JanuWiki 2019 creations, where the 'first person' is a fictionalized character.
- Beer Cub contains extensive quotes from famed zoologist Dianne de la Fossey
- Adminotaur contains the diary of a day in the life of a dungeon boss
- Godbuster contains a variety of quotes and a mission report written in first person
- Beer-battered beer contains an excerpt from a gastro-pub menu, in first person plural
- Exclamation pint contains a conversation transcript recovered from long-lost records unearthed in Monstro City
- Beer goggles is written as an excerpt from an ancient book of lore
- Sit in a tavern and write fake diary entries is the 'unofficial' diary of a hero
- Caravanserai contains off-the-record quotes from several Tradeburg councilors
Those are just some examples of non-Encyclopedia style writing that has worked really well in the past.
I'd love to see the informal tone and first-person view stay in this article. We (we being people reading the article) would love to know from who the first person perspective is coming. Try putting your words into someone's mouth — someone who's a part of the Godville universe in some way. There are some existing characters from various Godwiki pages, you'll find an incomplete list at GodWiki's Lore Compendium, but if you want to make up your own then please do!
If you have no inspiration for this, then fear not. Pop a reply to Help:Requests saying you would like more help, and someone will be glad to give it!'s note at