Initial Main Page Talk
I am opening this early but if you're checking recent changes and what they are, you probably noticed that I "started" (well, without being pretentious, I'd say I have done quite a lot already) to prepare the field for an upcomming wiki event similar to JanuWiki2019. If you haven't give a look yet here are some links :
- Template:Godwiki event construction
- Template:Godwiki event review
- Template:Godwiki event banner
You'll notice that mainly it's missing two major things :
- A name : I was thinking something as GodWiki's Summer 2019 or SummerWiki 2019 but if someone have a better name I'd take it gladly!
- Dates : I was thinking about announcing officialy it on early June (yeah, i said i was early already!), then booting it on the 15th of June until 15th of August with the wrapping done between this date and the end of the month.
There is still some works to do like writing all the explanations (and maybe clearing up guidelines and the manual creators), but if we decide on a name, then I'd switch the content from my sandbox to it's own page so all willing to participate as a "reviewers/host/jury/whateverwecallthat" can help prepare a new event.
- Looking good so far WardPhoenix. SummerWiki 2019 has a nice ring to it, I can't think of anything better at the moment. Datewise, 2 months should be enough time to get a good amount of content created & allow for people to come and go over summer. -- S624 (talk) 19:38, 27 April 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks! Well I'll wait a little to see if we go by that name or not, there is still time for that. Plus, I'd like to rewrite the whole GodWiki GuideBook/Creators Manual/Guidelines before throwing the event (started a talk on the Godwiki Guidebook by the way). Another question: does people have some ideas about Side Jobs? I have put some but apart the linking articles and the jury one, they are kinda plain for the moment. --WardPhoenix (talk) 21:16, 1 May 2019 (UTC)
- Summer is the season in which the largest influx of new users seems to arrive, do a theme for the event could be attempting to introduce new users to the wiki and getting users to write their first pages or complete their first edits. Not quite sure yet how this could be implemented, but the wiki could definitely benefit from wider attention. —Holy Spirit of Hell (talk) 04:28, 2 May 2019 (UTC)
Any volunteering is welcome!
Weither if it's only for preparing the event page, for being part of the reviewing process of the event, being a judge or even a sponsor of the event, anyone is welcome to help! --WardPhoenix (talk) 18:56, 4 May 2019 (UTC)
- Happy to judge, happy to sponsor the interlinking side job event, happy to contribute prizes for the main event as desired.
- If you would like me to sponsor the interlinking side job, may I put in the description of what it is and the requirements for it? --SourceRunner (talk) 20:58, 4 May 2019 (UTC)
- I don't force the sponsoring on anyone, if you want to sponsor that specific side job, I can hardly refuse! And you can obviously rewrite it as you wish, the line i let was merely a placeholder (and the score calculation was a possible exemple of judgement, it may have better ones). By the way, most of the writing of the event page is mere placeholding that need polishing by anyone wanting to contribute! --WardPhoenix (talk) 21:52, 4 May 2019 (UTC)
- Planning to write out the interlink side job soon... the survey of lore is getting slower, now that I'm going through the lists entry-by-entry, but it should be mostly ready for summer, if desired as a resource.
- is there any chance I can also sponsor another side job for people who make sure to add whatever lore they write into their articles also gets added to the lore back pages that are likely to come out of this? --SourceRunner (talk) 16:32, 7 May 2019 (UTC)
Of course you can! The current side job are merely placeholder (yeah "placeholder" is my new favorite word), and even if I was the one who booted up the event, you can obviously be bold and do changes! (And anyone else too!)
On a first side note: I'm still trying to think about what kind of other side jobs we could fit in but I'd prefer to avoid quantity side jobs (as "do X articles and get rewarded") and prefer quality side job ("best article for doing Y are rewarded") to avoid rushed articles. That's why even if I initially planned a reward for stubbed article but I'm still wondering if it will fit in the end.
On a second side note: The Creators Manual and useful Guidelines have been roughly updated. The only things that is needed a serious rewrite is the Rules and I have put a draft in the Talk:Rules. Since rules are kinda important, I didn't dare to be as bold as I might should have and I'd prefer a little feedback on the draft before put them live. --WardPhoenix (talk) 18:25, 7 May 2019 (UTC)