This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Seasonal Festivities article.
Documenting seasonal stuff properly! Huzzah!
Thanks for creating this page WardPhoenix! The Godwiki's lack of good documentation of the seasona events always bothered me. I have a few ideas to suggest for general discussion that might go with this.
- Creation of a category (perhaps
Category:Seasonal Festivities?) for marking relevant wiki items
- If we really want to, we can also create subcategories for the game seasons
- Addition of a
|seasonal=parameter to relevant infobox templates which would decorate the infobox and mark the category (or categories) automatically
- Maybe, mmmaaayyybbbee the creation of one or more sensibly designed navboxes, but this would need to be done with waaay more thought and care than *cough* that other navbox was. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Djonni (talk • contribs) 11:49, 1 November 2020
- A category could indeed be relevent, but we have to think about what we want to put in there : Articles that are only seasonal or all articles that are related to a seasonal event (the difference being, for example, the undead prefix originated from halloween event but became a whole year thing - shall it end in the seasonal category or not?).
- subcategories, well it depends on how much we can fill them, if there is only 1-2 articles per subcategories it might be overkill to create subcategories.
- seasonal parameter of infobox could be nice, but obviously concern above must be deal with first.
- At this point of this projet, I don't see the need for the navbox if we have all seasonal festivities presented on this single article. But could change with article evolution.
- I'd imagine that any category/ies would contain things that only appear in certain seasons, rather than things that were introduced in a season and became permanent. There aren't a whole lot of those that I can think of, and this article can present them fine, I think. -- Djonni (talk) 13:42, 2 November 2020 (UTC)