This article should be titled "Creator's Manual," "Creators' Manual," or "Creator Manual". --BlueStapler 21:09, 4 October 2012 (BST)
How do I actually add an article?
- Hey Nephrite-Jadeite, welcome! The easiest way to create a new article is to use the search box to search for your article's title. When an article with that title isn't found, the search results page will include a "Create the page "Your Title" on this wiki!" link. (It won't show up if you're not allowed to create an article at that location, which can happen if for instance you try to create User:Some Page — the only pages in the User namespace you're allowed to create or edit are User:Nephrite-Jadeite, User talk:Nephrite-Jadeite, and subpages of the same (e.g. User:Nephrite-Jadeite/sandbox for experimentation).
- If you're new to MediaWiki editing in general, I highly recommend Wikipedia's introductory materials, as in technical terms they nearly all apply to this wiki as well (though the editorial styles and policies might be different). Help:Getting started is probably a good jumping-off point. -- FeRDNYC (talk) 03:25, 15 August 2018 (UTC)
- I also see you figured it out, but thought I'd add something for people wondering the same thing later: On mobile devices it's really not obvious how to create a new page. My hot tip, if 's good instructions above don't seem to be working for you on mobile:
- *Try starting an edit on any page (why not this exact page right here?) and just add anywhere a code like this:
[[Your new page name goes here.]]
- *On the next screen you'll get a preview of your edit, and it'll have a red link like this: Your new page name goes here.
- *Click it, and you'll be offered the option to create the page.
- Even if you save the edit I describe the in some out-of-the-way place (like this talk page, your user page, your user talk page, etc), no harm done.
- Welcome to GodWiki, and happy editing! 😆 --Djonni (talk) 06:12, 15 August 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah, I forgot how weird basically the entire editing process is on mobile. I'm not sure I could deal with it, myself. Alas, not something we can fix. I'm not sure it's something even an admin could fix. I'll have to look at Wikipedia's own mobile-editing setup someday, to see if it's any less crappy. -- FeRDNYC (talk) 22:13, 15 August 2018 (UTC)
Yeah, it's important to remember as we get stuck into rewriting and updating the technical articles that they were written in an era where most players and essentially all editors were on desktop, and that's simply not the case any more. I intend to incorporate mobile advice into the text wherever possible, and clearly delineate between desktop-only and mobile-only wiki behaviour and process.
- At this point I'm just focused on making the Wiki readable on a mobile device, if we can get all the way there I'll be happy. Editing on mobile, that's... well, it's definitely not something to worry about until the first step is done, because how can you edit something you can't (usefully) view? -- FeRDNYC (talk) 05:33, 16 August 2018 (UTC)