Thanks for helping me out...again! And you're welcome, I'm having fun with the wiki and hope I'm not messing stuff up too much. It's a learning process, ya know? You're the best! --EvEoMeGa
This is Freerider's main account, just noticed your recommendations about the lucky got casino wiki. please feel free to make those minor corrections on guild names. I'm currently in development of a few other wiki pages right now so this would be a great help if you have the time. - thanks for getting that done. Also thanks for giving me the idea of collapsible tables.
- Avaliable for an afk spar anytime you may have a spare invite, i will use the gp to spar so u dont need to worry for that.
- Thank you for that "Friend8" addition. Still learning how to format and use things other than text and backgrounds on here, myself. Jimbob64 (talk) 05:28, 1 May 2013 (BST)
- Gidday. You seem to being doing most of the work in the Wiki. I've started fixing things in the Category Maintenance, adding pics and filling up stubs. Let me know if I make a mess of it. --SiTheSuperior (talk) 16:29, 21 May 2013 (BST)
- Saw your point on Transmog Gun. I didn't change Category type, so that was always there. Is there a way to check actual game content, rather than Wiki ? Further to that, how did you find that those Heroes had the Transmog Gun ? What sort of search? --SiTheSuperior (talk) 12:26, 22 May 2013 (BST)
Does anyone read what? the spam or the summary? no, yes. well all godville needs to do is look at what redirects to main page. Thankyou for caring~ Fred flintstone--Diddy Kong (talk) 22:54, 12 September 2013 (BST)
I'm putting this here so I can find it again in 3 months: http://goo.gl/xZpAMh
Oddness with Totem Monster assignments...
Greetings, I'm dropping this message to both you and as my impression is that you'd be the two most likely to have insight into the issue. Please do let me know if I should be bringing this up somewhere or to someone else, thanks.
I recently started toying with the idea of getting all of the Guilds' Totem Monster (TM) assignments into the wiki, basically by just manually paging through the top 50-or-so guilds in the Pantheon of Duelery (the only ones likely to have been eligible to select a TM) and manually updating the relevant pages. Since Template:Monster includes a |totem= parameter, I was originally going to place them there, but it turns out very few Totem Monsters have a wiki page. So, I decided that extending List of Monsters with the info would probably be a better way to go. (The monster templates can also be updated for the handful of TMs that do have individual pages, of course.)
You can see the preliminary results of that work at User:FeRDNYC/List of Monsters, with the TM assignments for the current top 20 guilds already in place. (My list doesn't have 's latest changes from earlier today, I need to copy those over.) Reactions, input, or concerns are more than welcome. Sorting is... weird, and a bit broken, but the old List of Monsters has the same issue: You can reverse the list once, then it gets "stuck" and the sort buttons stop working. At least, that's how it is for me on Firefox 38.0 Linux x86_64. Not sure if it's something in the wikitable code that's causing that, or if it's a GodWiki bug.
Anyway, the list updates/issues are actually secondary. My real concern, and the reason I'm writing, is that in going through the guilds' TMs, I discovered that the Hidden Dragon is somehow the Totem Monster for both Fairy Tail and Antisocial Socialites guilds! This is in direct conflict with the documentation at Guild Leader#Totem_Monster that a monster can only be the totem for one guild, and that attempts to select a Totem Monster that's already "taken" will be rejected.
Does the double-toteming of Hidden Dragon predate that policy, or could it point to a Godville bug? Do you think it's likely to be a problem, that two guilds have the same totem monster even though they're not "supposed to"? Anyway, I just wanted to bring it to someone's attention, since I happened to spot it. Thanks! -- FeRDNYC (talk) 03:56, 20 June 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for the note. In writing the wiki we're really just trying to put down stuff we learn and sometimes it is not correct or the developers change stuff. If you see anything that isn't currently right, feel free to change it. I think the list of monsters will look great with a column for totem monsters. I also updated the monster template so that multiple guilds can have the same totem monster. Hidden Dragon --BlueStapler (talk) 21:36, 20 June 2015 (UTC)
- Hey, sorry for barging into this conversation uninvited, but I thought I should mention that there is a forum thread for discussion and questions about the wiki. So if you have similar questions in future, that would be a good place to post them. Also, on the note of two guilds having the same totem, a failed attempt at setting a totem results in a message claiming that "only ordinary and not taken monsters are allowed" so I assume the two guilds having the same totem is a bug and have reported it. --Brinjal (talk) 22:59, 20 June 2015 (UTC) Update: The devs have recognised this as a bug and made Fairy Tail totemless.
- Not at all, thanks for the help/info! "Uninvited" is hardly the right term, at least from my POV, since my "invite" list was limited only by my own (quite vast) ignorance. I'd have posted this in a more general location if I'd known one exists, which through your kind help I now do. I'll have to check out that forum thread at some point, the forums in general are one area I haven't yet ventured into.
- Anyway, very glad to hear that the devs have confirmed/fixed (I assume also fixed?) the multiple-guild-toteming bug, and reversed the damage there. I guess that means the Template:Monster changes BlueStapler made are no longer needed, unfortunately. (Unfortunately in terms of the effort spent, I mean.) -- FeRDNYC (talk) 15:41, 29 June 2015 (UTC)
- Many thanks for the feedback, BlueStapler, apologies for not getting back to this sooner. Once I sync up my mirrored copy with the most recent List of monsters changes (which I plan to take care of as soon as I commit this response), and remove Fairy Tail from the Totem column, I'm going to go ahead and merge my table changes back into the parent article. I'd still like to figure out the issue with sorting, but since it's present in the old table as well (at least for me) there doesn't seem to be any negative impact. -- FeRDNYC (talk) 15:41, 29 June 2015 (UTC)
Totem Monster categorization is now automatic
FYI, I updated Template:Monster yesterday so that it will now automatically categorize Totem Monster articles the same way it does all Monster articles, but only if the totem= parameter is included and non-empty. So, that tedious manual categorization shouldn't be necessary anymore. (I also dropped totem2= and totem3= back out, in the process, since it made things easier and the bug that allowed those multiple assignments has now been squished.) -- FeRDNYC (talk) 16:10, 2 July 2015 (UTC)
It seems you are good in wiki editing, and I might want your help. Could you add me (so we can talk in pm?
Whatever you do, thanks. .
I've been editing the monster electric Monk in some roleplay story and I kinda added my hero's link to it as an example of the parts of the background story of this monster. Is it allowed?
- December, 22nd 2015
Do you think we should add a template like Template:Monster and Template:Guild for artifacts? Most of the articles aren't uniformly formatted, so I think that this would help. It doesn't seem like anyone would need any special permissions to create the page, and most of Template:Monster's code could probably get reused. (I'm not sure if there are actually any mods on this wiki, but you seem like the most active contributor.) Benjamaster1 (talk) 19:41, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Making a Template:artifact sounds great. Off the top of my head, I guess it would have associated monster, bold or not bold, approximate value, and the buy and sell date it was in the Godville Times. Feel free to make the template. If you have any questions, let me know. --BlueStapler (talk) 20:51, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
I'm meddling again
If I could just direct your attention to Talk:Harvest_Moon#Additional_Harvest_Moon-related_pages? Should you have a moment, I'd appreciate a second set of eyes / second-opinion. Thx. -- FeRDNYC (talk) 23:39, 21 December 2017 (UTC)