A hero's level is a measure of how powerful they have become. A hero can increase their current level by gaining [[Experience]]. Certain parts of gameplay are available once a certain level has been achieved.
The levels that a hero must reach to gain certain things:
- [[Ideabox]] with basic sections
- [[Godpower Accumulator]]
- [[Hero]]’s [[motto]] and [[sparring duels]]
- [[Arena|Duels]] and [[ideabox]] with a few more sections
- [[Guilds]] and ability to vote for [[chronicles]]
- [[Skills]], ability to edit GodWiki, add to the [[guild council]] and vote in the [[ideabox]]
- Ability to tame a [[pet]]
- [[Ideabox]] with all sections
30''' - Hero buys 2 [[ healing artifacts]] at towns
39-60''' - [[ Temple]] – once constructed ''(depending on rate of brick gain)''
- Hero buys 3 healing artifacts at towns
Every time a hero gains a certain number of levels more, an upgrade happens.
- an increase in maximum hero [[health]] of 4
- an extra slot in the hero's inventory to carry more [[Artifacts|items]]
- an additional skill ''(after level 15, up to 10 skills)''
* '''4''' - a free godpower charge
As an added bonus, when a hero levels up, his health is fully restored and the [[Godpower]] is refilled to 100%. He also gains access to higher level weapons and armor. As a hero' s level climbs up, so does his ranking in the [[pantheon of might]].
The higher your level, the more experience you need to reach the next one. This is why growth is fast at first but can then become frustratingly slow.