Half an hourglass
|Half an hourglass|
|Description||An unassuming artifact. Appears to be just half an hourglass.|
Not to be confused with the "Half-hour hourglass" or a "Half of an hourglass", the Half an hourglass is a perplexing artifact with relatively unknown origins. Many stories have circulated Godville about the Legend of the Half an hourglass' since it's discovery.
The Half an hourglass does not appear to be anything special, despite the many epic tales created in its name. Holding this intriguing, or not so intriguing, item does little for the imagination and it isn't even that pleasing to the eyes.
Many have failed to repair this artifact and this has left a sour taste in many mouths. This fact may be what has influenced the many stories told to the young children of Godville.
Legends of The Half an Hourglass
There have been many legends to rise from all of the speculation around this mysterious artifact. For efficiencies sake, many scholars gathered their collective minds and might to make a short compendium of the most popular, and likely, stories.
- The most pervasive and exciting of possibilities is that these artifacts are actually a half of a whole hourglass or maybe all of them combine into one hourglass, an hourglass of the Gods as it were. No one is sure what powers this primitive timekeeper of the gods may hold. Some speculations include:
- Control of Time itself
- Control of Space itself
- Control of Spacetime itself
- Control of keeping track of time in unspecified non-exact intervals.
- A common fable of mothers to their children is that every grain is actually a permanently fallen hero and that each time a hero falls, another grain is added. This legend concludes with the possibility that, once all the pieces are combined, all of the hero's will revive and become gods themselves.
- The most far-fetched of all these legends is this. These pieces are exactly that, pieces of an hourglass.