Welcome to ₳ltoholics ₳nonymous
Can't stop creating alternate accounts (aka "alts")? Neither can we. It's okay! Come on in! We've got warm coffee, stale doughnuts, and (if we're paying attention) a listening ear or a shoulder to lean on.
We hope to use our obsession with alts to help god/desses all over Godville revive their hero/ines' pets. For many, getting a pet to Level 30 to get the Animalist Rank 1 achievement and the elusive Pet Badge next to their name can be an arduous process. We'd like to help take at least some of the stress away from this. Whether we can help by rounding up digging buddies, giving advice or by donating gold in a coordinated arena effort, we're here for you! We have members with alts and know other people willing to help across many guilds and all level ranges, so don't resign yourself to letting Sooba, Dumbo, Pinky, Fang, etc. go without talking to us first! Pop into our forum and let us know you need a hand. One of us will get back to you ASAP!
Wha? Huh? I don't understand...
There are many, many ways to revive your pet within the allotted 60 hours. Some are less time consuming, some are more charge-expensive. Every god/dess is likely in a slightly different situation, so what works for one, may not work for another.
- You need approximately 450 gold coins per level of your pet to revive (level 10 pet = 4500 gold coins).
- If you have the charges and the time to dig up a boss monster every hour, chances are you can get enough gold to revive Scratchy in just about any town. To allow for the wasting your hero may do at the traders, the tavern, etc. it's wise to have at least twice what you need to revive Pumba if you're going this route.
- Can't get twice what you need to revive your level 29 solar bear? Don't worry! With exactly the right amount, if your hero/ine completes their quest and returns to Godville with low health (in the red), they'll avoid all that waste nonsense. This is harder for folks without a temple as those with a temple can simply punish their hero/ine to low health before they arrive at the capital city.
- No temple, higher-level pet, limited funds, limited time? Returned from vacation to find a knocked-out pet and only ten hours to raise the dough? Whatever the reason, many people find the fastest (albeit the most risky) way to revive their pet is the arena. Get as much gold scraped together as you can, and then call on your friends, guildmates, or (ahem! Hint, hint) ₳ltoholics ₳nonymous for help! Get someone willing to take a loss and supply some of the gold you need, add a well-timed arena match and you end up with the gold you need, no wasting after the arena, and one revived heffalump.
Yes, at times reviving your hero/ine's pet can feel like you're trying to create the perfect storm... and that your hero/ine is thwarting your efforts at every turn. We're here to help, so... Let us! Come visit our forum today!
Why do you guys have so many alts?
Top 10 Reasons People Create Alts:
- 10. I had no idea what I was doing the first time around and thought I could do better. (Alternate version: This game has changed quite a bit since I started playing it. The new features might help me do “X” better / faster / more awesomely.)
- 9. I love my guild and don’t want to leave, but these other folks look like fun, too!
- 8. My main account is a goody-goodie and I want to see what it’s like to play evil (or vice-versa).
- 7. Oh! I just thought of the best God’s name and/or hero’s name! I wonder if anyone’s using it… No? Hehe… They are now!
- 6. I made an account (or three) to help a friend get their new guild up and running.
- 5. What do you mean there’s a forum posting limit? How can I possibly play all the games in the Flame Lounge?
- 4. I can’t wait another three hours and 28 minutes to arena! (Alternate version: I can’t get a match in the arena at my oh-so-advanced level!) (Newest version: An hour between dig bosses? NO FAIR! Must… dig…)
- 3. I want a non-paying account so I can keep in touch with the reality of the “common player.”
- 2. I love this ZPG and the people who play it – I want to be more involved / meet more people / pay the devs’ salaries for a year / share my wealth of game knowledge / learn more / help more people / but I’m bored with my main account now that it’s achieved everything I ever dreamed and more.
And… The #1 reason why people create alts…
- 1. It seemed like a good idea at the time.