How to Solve the GV Times Crossword
Why is it so haaaaarrrrd? /whine
A step-by-step guide to minimizing head-vs-wall brain (and wall) damage
Use the crossword hints forum thread.
Search within the List of Equipment, List of Skills, and List of Towns Godwiki pages (start with these pages because these lists are generally complete). Use the ctrl-f function to find sets of letters. For example, if the letters "ash" appear together in a word, search a page for "ash". Add spaces as necessary.
Next, guess the monsters and artifacts. Unfortunately, the List of Monsters and the List of Artifacts is severely lacking. Searching the entire godwiki for single words of a multiword answer can help too.
Some boxes require a space or a hyphen instead of being left blank. Hyphens are very common between the first and second words of three word answers.
Use Crosswordsolver.org. Unfortunately, crosswordsolver.org can only solve for words in the English dictionary and single words or common phrases. To get around this, guess the space in the crossword answer and search for individual words. For portmanteaus found only found in Godville, guess where the two dictionary words would be split and search for each word individually. For the most part, if you see a complete word, the first crosswordsolver.org query should assume there's a space or a new word after that complete word. Most artifacts and monsters do not contain more than one portmanteau.
If you're still stuck, resort to Google. If you have two adjoining words of a multi-word phrase, put those words into Google with the quotes around them. At the bottom of the Google search results page will be a list of searches related to those words. Maybe the complete phrase will appear there. Adding the word "godville" to the Google search can also help.
If all else fails start making your own list of monsters and artifacts or just ask your guildmates for help.
At Home with Bella Stewart
| Advice from the Connoisseur of the Cadaverous, the Champion of the Closet, our very own Milkman: Hairplug4men!
In lieu of my guild leader writing an article for us this week, I have decided to step into her shoes. And my, oh, my... they are big shoes.
I’ve decided to give you helpful hints today on how to wake up a sleeping guild leader and get them to notice you as the star that you are.
- Start to dress like them! Works even better if you are the opposite sex. They will definitely be noticing something is different when you are wearing their clothes.
- Whenever you can, always stand directly behind them. This way you’ll always see and learn what they are doing and the sound of your breath on their shoulder will let them know that you care.
- Put bags of burning dead animals on their doorstep, knock on the door and run away. This will be taken as a gift and a sign of affection. As they stomp out the flaming sack of dead animal flesh, they will forever have the smell and the pieces on their shoes to remind them just who you are.
- Talk incessantly a behind their back, spreading horrible rumors about their personal hygiene and business practices. This will give them something to defend themselves about and also help them meet new friends in the process.
- Once a day, punch them in the face.
- Order their favorite food on a regular basis. Eat it in front of them but do not share. This will be taken as a sign of strength and determination on your part.
- Tie them up and throw them down a hole that you might have in your closet... or just any hole will do. This will be seen as a fun excursion and exciting weekend of thrills. Be sure to hose them down often as they begin to stink when down in a hole for too long.
- Most importantly, don't ever forget to let them spank you hard. This is a sign of submission to your glorious guild leaders, and you may just find out that you like it in the end. A little a personal abuse has never hurt anybody.
Over the Moon
|This week’s quiz:
- Before boss monsters existed, Harvest Moon had a digger's guide on this forum page.
- The next Tournament of Champions will be held in October! There have been this many Tournament of Champions so far.
- This is the total number of charges awarded to the winners of the Harvest Moon No Influence Tournament.
- This god/dess currently holds the most evil spot in the gladiator Pantheon.
Games and winners and prizes! Oh, my!
Who will be our first contestant in this month’s championship? It could be you! See you in the forum!
How to play:
1. Your “answers” must be in question form (a-la Jeopardy!) and submitted via the Harvest Moon Forum. Answers only, please! Don’t give away the questions to non-WH readers.
2. The first god/dess to get all questions right (or with the most correct) will win four (4) charges and be automatically entered to play in the Over the Moon Championship, held monthly on Palringo.
3. The winner of the Championship (based on a different game show each month) will receive 45 charges!!
Teak whose hero made Cardinal rank this week! Here’s to climbing the ranks and a long and illustrious “career” in HM!
Famous HM Heroes This Week
|#958 GODVILLE TIMES Day 1205 g.e.
|Dale Earnhardt Sr – 30th-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “Intimidation!”, stands at the 97th position in the pantheon of storytelling under the vigilant supervision of the god NASCAR Fanatic . We’ve had many reports that a Thesaurus Rex has been afraid to make eye contact with him since their last encounter.
|#959 GODVILLE TIMES Day 1206 g.e.
|Vrena – 70th-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “☽Valar Morghulis☾”, stands at the 52nd position in the pantheon of gladiatorship under the vigilant supervision of the god Tamlyyn . She thinks that a Decomposing Composer slow roasted in its own juices is one of the finest delicacies that Anville has to offer.
Member of the Week
Get to know a member of Harvest Moon! This week's guest is: Malachi1213
Grrr! He's a big scawwy monster!
- Q: What is your favorite salty snack?
- A: The tears of my enemies.
- Q: What GV pet would you like to have?
- A: I would love to have a ninja tortoise, ‘cause it is already part of the family. Whoop whoop!
- Q: What are your hero's marketable skills?
- A: “Lions belch”, but it would only work if he joined the circus or something.
- Q: Do you get emotional using Encourage when in times of crisis?
- A: Yes. I get extremely emotional. Sometimes I can’t even move. I just crawl into a fetal position and cry myself to sleep.
- Q: Do you have any hidden talents?
- A: I can write in cursive with my feet.
- Q: How do you like to spend your spare time?
- A: I like to spend my time punishing my hero or playing video games. Sometimes I do both at the same time but don’t tell anyone... Shhh.
- Q: What is the most memorable thing your hero has done so far?
- A: Please. He hasn’t done anything memorable. Well, there was that one time...
- Q: If you had to eat your hero, which part of the body would you tuck into first?
- A: His brain. On second thought, I don’t think he actually has one, so his heart would work, too.
What would you like to know about your Harvest Moon guild mates? Submit your questions to any member of the Weekly Harvest staff!'
|Selling Evil Since Day 898 g.e.
|FREE: Antique bug spray made in 1877! Don’t miss out on your free jug of ancient bug spray! Will kill all your bugs and, if you’re not careful, your friends too! Hmm. I probably shouldn’t have said that... Contact Knewred for details.
PERSONAL: Evil heroine who believes she is good seeks equally evil boyfriend with love of animals.
WANTED: Ideas for monsters to interview in Fun With Fiends, and/or actual monsters. Contact Elementarion , preferably on Palringo or through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hidden Shadows Riddles
|This Week’s Riddle:
There was no winner for last week’s riddle, so we’re giving you one more chance...
I can be cross, but never cruel.
I'll be sorry, but not guilty.
I can be spooked, but not anxious.
I'm sweet, but think candy and you’re wrong.
Though I can be swallowed, I will never be eaten.
What am I?
Look closely and you’ll see the answer. Post it to amaze everyone else and get your chance to shine in the next Sock Puppet Play at Sowing Sun! Good luck!
When is a door not a door?
How to play:
1. The riddle will be posted here (and only here) in The Weekly Harvest.
2. Answers should be posted on Hidden Shadows guild forum.
3. You have 3 guesses. Once you’ve used those 3, you will be unable to guess again.
4. If the riddle goes unanswered for five days, anyone can guess regardless of number of previous guesses.
5. The answer will be posted the day of the new riddle if there isn’t a winner.
6. The winner will get a spot in the Sowing Sun Sunday sock puppet play!
|What: Happy page 200! |
When: Yesterday (ongoing celebration).
Where: The sowing Sun guild forum.
Why: Since when do we need an excuse for a party?
What: Dig Baseball!
When: This weekend.
Where: Get more information and/or sign up with Carnation Blue or any member of E.I.S. Eternal.
Why: Good times with new friends! Two teams will dig with (and against) each other. The objective is to see who can get the most “runs”. In order to score a run, there must be a successful VC and action on a successful attacking round against the boss. No misfires and no backfires. This is more creative than it is competitive. Sign up today!