What’s Going On In Godville?
Forum Events and Happenings
Ankh-Morpork is having a party!
This week, we’re focusing on forum events. Whether you’re an active participant, a lurker, a lurker who wants to be an active participant, or are wondering, “Godville has forums?” there’s something there for everyone!
- Naturally, Harvest Moon has the Over the Moon Quiz every Wednesday. We also throw a wicked-fun party and aren't bad company for... bad company.
- sowing Sun has a play every Sunday featuring the (mostly) original work of a Godville resident, an Awesome God adored every Friday, and various fun activities on Wednesdays.
- Ankh-Morpork City Watch has a crazy karaoke machine that, along with the company there, makes every party an event to remember. No plans in the works for one at the moment, but they’re way too fun to miss! The ongoing storyline in their day-to-day posts is also riveting.
- Hidden Shadows has MadLibs! Toss out a noun or a verb and be rewarded with a hilarious story created with the help of or your fellow Godvillians.
- Godville’s Regiment plays a variety of games, including monster hunts, “Who Done It?” and “Snakes and Ladders”.
- Silver Raven Piracy Guild plans raids on other guilds (all in good fun, of course). What they currently lack in membership, they make up for in adventure! There are rumors of another raid in late June. Pop on by and sign up to participate and get (maybe) a share of the booty! Arrrg!
- Wiki Leagues hosts the Interspecies Mud Wrestling Tournament every so often. A fun “fight” that requires no arena skills. Urge them to do it again!
- Lucky God Casino hosts several games each week including but not limited to: Monster Wheel, White Russian Roulette and Fuzzy Dice. In addition, they host tournament betting on events like...
- Yggdrasil The Ash Tree’s Summer Gym Tourney (starts June 1). This sparring tournament is Voice-Command only with prizes not just for winning, but for entertaining the masses with witty VCs. Place a bet at the LGC and then check out YTAT’s forum and vote for your favorites!
- The Tournament of Champions III: Good vs. Evil Yes, it’s the third GV-wide, no-holds-barred tourney. The thread is in the Main Square, but so are lots of other fun things like...
- 100 Brick Count Down - celebrate your last 100 bricks with all of Godville!
- Also in the Main Square: help with your chronicles, the coaching achievement, as well as a place to comiserate with fellow owners of those cursed Icarus wings among many, many other things.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg, folks! Next time you find yourself with 10 minutes to spare, go read a page or three of a forum thread you haven’t visited. You may find a new friend, a new spouse or simply a new weekly read.
Starting next week, we will have a “News Briefs” feature that highlights events in the guild forums around Godville. We want to know what you’ve got going on! Is your guild hosting a party, tournament, contest or wedding? Are you celebrating a holiday or Tuesday (just because)? Let us know what you’ve got coming up and we’ll plug it here, free of charge.
Doctor Frank's Advice Corner
|Dear Dr. Frank,
My goody-goody wife keeps trying to tell me that I'm not doing my chores properly. How can I make it appear that I am doing them correctly without actually having to do them at all?
Signed, I need a break!
Dearest, The left leg or the right?
In all seriousness, if you broke your leg, you might get out of doing your chores for six to eight weeks, possibly longer if you manage to go for the femur. Aside from damaging yourself, one easy solution is to punish your hero until he’s delirious enough to do the chores for you. Just call it a “quest” and whisper instructions while he’s on the verge of passing out - the temple will be moderately cleaner in less than a day... maybe. The forecast calls for unsuccessful Godvoices? Helloooo? Miracle button! How hard is that? If you’re not fortunate enough to have sparked enough bricks out of your hero for a temple just yet, you can always
bribe ask Lady Darkness if she could spare a gnome for a day or two of menial labor. Best of luck in your efforts to shirk further effort!
Yours, Dr. Frank
Member of the Week
Get to know a member of Harvest Moon! This week's guest is: Miss SixthSatan
Sixth? No way - she’s First and we know it!
- Q: How did you choose HM?
- A: Sexy, evil, love to punish, the guild has everything in common with me.
- Q: What’s your favorite voice command?
- A: Telling Siri the 'cloudy secretary' to play me a tune.
- Q: Name some things that you and your hero have in common.
- A: Seriously?! Well, I guess when I think about it, we both wind up doing very strange tasks throughout GodVille just to have a chance of getting featured in the newspaper.
- Q: What advice would you give a newer player?
- A: Open your 'God remote', copy and paste the following string of random letters and words into your voice box and hit send: Join "Harvest Moon" Guild - if the minion didn't listen, there is a button labeled "PUNISH!" which you need to press before trying again each time.
- Q: What toppings do you like on your kitten sammiches?
- A: Cheese and Mayo, toasted lightly in the oven, add one misbehaving heroine.
- Q: If you could change one thing about the City of GodVille, what would it be?
- A: All these darn too-tall Temples! They reach so high up that the tops of them ALMOST touch the "goody-goody" gods’ cloud areas! Ewwwww! We need to dig underground tunnels lined with gold bricks instead of building up temples. -hurls lightening-
What would you like to know about your Harvest Moon guild mates? Submit your questions to any member of the Weekly Harvest staff!
Famous HM Heroes This Week
|#862 GODVILLE TIMES Day 1109 g.e.
|EvilSnoopy - 66th-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “For worlds end!!!!”, stands at the 82nd position in the pantheon of destruction under the vigilant supervision of the goddess EvilSnoopy . He was known to distribute counterfeit Godville invites during his youth.
Harvester's Almanac and Forecast
|Watch out for frogs this week.
|Selling Evil Since Day 898 g.e.
WANTED: Looking for someone to do yard work. Must have hula hoop. Call 555-WHA-HUH4 for details.
NEW: While supplies last, gladiator-signed nut cups! The perfect place to store your cashews or pecans.
NEW: Get as high as a giraffe’s behind with new, Safari brand step ladders! Visit the trader in Bumchester today to see what all your friends have been talking about. Be cool, be one of us, get yours today!
WANTED: Extra large Big Chief smoker box, to be placed over the bear trap in front of Ceccetticat's temple.
FOR SALE: Freshly smoked cat. Call 555-MEOW
SALE: The FCC, Funky Coinpurse Company, is having a two for the price of one sale now at their local headquarters. Guaranteed to be funky or your money back!
PERSONAL: Soccus familiaris seeks getaway with same. Could you be my match? Let's get lost in the dryer together! Reply here.
FOR SALE: Complete Encyclopedia set. 1000 gold coins or best offer. No longer needed, wife knows everything. Call YES-MAAM.
The Writers’ Coroner
|Where Creativity gets disembodied.
The Poor Hero
Who is that hero
Dressed with miss-matched socks and shoes
Give him some gold coins
Written by: Miss SixthSatan
And now... Sharpen your troll pencils and gather your lightning rods... because it's your turn!
These silly editors at The Weekly Harvest left the key to the publishing room right out in the open, and what does Miss Satan do when left alone with her pitchfork? -lightning crashes-
Here I introduce to you a new way to win at Harvest Moon, with Miss SixthSatan's Writers’ Coroner Poetry Contest, brought to you by those fierce deities in the sky who made this Weekly Harvest possible.
We invite all our neighbors from all walks of life, guilds and alignments to participate and let us show off your work to all of Godville. The rules are as follows:
- Compose a poem, 4 - 6 lines in length, any style or format that you would like.
- Incorporate the theme of the contest into your poem somehow. Please keep in mind that the theme is related to Godville. This month’s theme is: "Arena"
- One entry per person.
- The poems will remain anonymous to the public until the winner is chosen.
- Contest open to all players of Godville.
Submit your poem in a private message to Miss SixthSatan via either Palringo or Godville, or email her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org (please don't forget to include your Godname) Note: All poems submitted and published are (c) their respective authors.
Deadline: Monday, June 10th 2013 by 12:00 pm Eastern Time
All entries received by the deadline will be entered in the contest. Poems will not be published until they go up for voting.
Prizes: So what's in it for you? You get to show off your creativity while gaining friendships
and fame in the process. Ok, we can't lie... That isn't everything!
Grand Prize: The winner will be able to choose either an interview in our "Get to Know a Deity" feature or spotlight their guild with a "Behind the Guild" feature article in The Weekly Harvest.
2nd Place: The runner up will be mentioned in our Special Announcements section and have the option to ask one of our experts, either Bellatrixie or Dr. Frank, a question they'd like answered in a subsequent issue.
Read this wiki page for more information. Good luck and good writing!
Over the Moon
The Weekly Harvest Quiz
You can’t win if you don’t play!
How to play:
- Each week, there will be four “questions” posted here (and only here) in the Weekly Harvest. Answers to the questions can be found in the wiki, on the HM web site, in the forums or will be math/logic-based.
- Your “answers” must be in question form (a-la Jeopardy!).
- Answers must be submitted via the Harvest Moon Forum. Answers only, please! Don’t give away the questions to non-WH readers.
- The first god/dess to get all four questions right will win four (4) charges and be automatically entered to play in the Over the Moon Championship, held monthly on Palringo (yes, you’ll need to join Pal to play).
- The winner of the OtM Championship (to be based on a different game show each month) will receive 45 charges!!
This week’s Answers:
- This is the minimum possible and maximum possible number of epic quests you can have between quest numbers 75 and 225.
- This Godville rule number prohibits a god from participation in abusive or defamatory language.
- This is the total number of charges that will be given out as winnings for the current Tournament of Champions: Good vs. Evil.
- This is the deadline for a submission to the Writers’ Coroner Poetry Contest.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Artsonian , who will join Miss SixthSatan win this month’s Championship round! Who will win this week? It could be you! See you in the forum!
Mega congratulations to Stirfry213 whose heroine (with more than a little help) managed to raise a pet to level 30 this week! Woooo!