Oops! I was just hoping you’d heal.
So your hero completed temple and a new button appeared on your remote control. Hooray! What do you do with it now?
Miracles in the Arena
While not generally a “winning strategy,” miracles can be used in the arena. They may steal experience from your opponent, damage their equipment or sap some of their god power, and are pretty much guaranteed to tick off your opponent, but they will not heal you or harm your opponent. They rarely, if ever, affect the outcome of a match and, for this reason, are generally not recommended.
Miracles in a Boss Monster Fight
In the “monster arena,” a miracle will either break the Boss Monster’s artifacts or allow you to suck experience points from the Boss like a hungry little spider. There is no benefit to breaking artifacts, and the xp you get from the monster isn't typically worth angering your allies over. If your allies are on board (all templed and only in it for the Hunter achievement), go for it!
Miracles in the Field
While questing, a miracle may heal your hero completely, upgrade their equipment a bit, give them an artifact, help them progress on their quest (25% on regular quests, 5% on epic quests) or kill the monster they are currently fighting instantly.
Miracles in Town
Find yourself in town with some gp to burn? Toss around a miracle or two and gain a decent amount of influence for your guild! They work the same way as Punish/Encourage in town, but are more likely to give influence than P/E and give a greater amount of influence as well. Other than guild influence, miracles can have the same effects in town that you’ll see in the field (healing, items, etc.).
Now, get out there and play with your immense power! No temple yet? No stress. It’ll happen one day. In the meantime, enjoy the journey!
At Home with Bella Stewart
| Advice from the Mavin of the Macabre, the Mistress of Mystery, our very own Empress: Bellatrixie The Strange!
This week, I'll be answering reader questions, apparently sent in to prevent another musical interlude. (My evil plan worked - heh heh.) So, without further ado, it's time to open the mailbag!
- Dear Bella, Valentine's Day is just around the corner. My girl friend is the Goddess of a Blue Feather hero. What in the name of the Random do I give a goody-goodie for Valentine's?
This can be quite the quandary. We evil Gods and Goddesses certainly can't risk being seen purchasing rainbow hearts and pink roses. My rule of thumb is, what they don't know can't hurt you. Presentation is key. Give them red heart-shaped kitten sammiches and tell them it's chicken. No need to mention what the red stuff is. They'll just be thrilled you made them yourself.
- Dear Bella, What shape should my temple be? A pyramid is so yesterday.
Pyramids are most definitely outre! Two words: feng shui. Design your space with fluid lines that allow energy to flow unimpeded through your temple. This makes it much easier to navigate when drunk, and chasing puppies is much more fun.
- Dear Bella, I'm an evil god. Should I make a special room for my goody friends so they feel comfortable when visiting?
Absolutely not! Variety is the spice of life! Give them an experience they'll be talking about for years to come, I say. That said, you may want to make sure they steer clear of Dr. Frank's laboratory... And some goody-goodies are remarkably adaptable. Just look at Dogess!
- Dear Bella, My hero keeps getting these pesky stains on his armor from all the -blood- barbecue sauce dripping out of his kitten sandwiches. Any tips to remove it so he doesn't keep buying new armor?
Remove blood stains? But why? I like my heroes bloody! He's going to throw away a ton of gold on new armor regardless. Just punish the heck out of him when he does. You know you want to.
- Dear Bella, I have a problem: my dragon has “accidents,” if you know what I mean. She keeps trying to blame the dog, but dragon poo bears no resemblance to the dog variety. What do I do? (And you can't say kill the dragon - she knows where you live.) Please help, because I really don't want to hear you sing again. Signed, Iduna.
Dragon dung can definitely add a certain ambiance to your castle. But seeing that you're not of the evil persuasion, I'm guessing you're immune to its delights. Pity. I suggest you send all your puppies to us. Then your dragon will have no one to blame but herself.
Next week: Shed those unwanted winter pounds with Bella's diet and exercise regimen!
Down in the dumps about your home or temple's decor? Send Bellatrixie the Strange (aka Bella Stewart) your questions directly or submit them to any member of the newspaper staff.
Over the Moon (The Weekly Harvest Quiz)
How to play:
We've got games, we've got prizes, all that’s missing is a theme song.
- Each week, there will be four “questions” posted here (and only here) in the Weekly Harvest. Answers to the questions can be found in the wiki, on the HM web site, in the forums or will be math/logic-based.
- Your “answers” must be in question form (a-la Jeopardy!).
- Answers must be submitted via the Harvest Moon Forum. Answers only, please! Don’t give away the questions to non-WH readers.
- The first god/dess to get all four questions right will win four (4) charges and be automatically entered to play in the Over the Moon Championship, held monthly on Palringo (Yes, you’ll need to join Pal to play. No, members of the paper staff are not eligible to win the weekly quiz or the challenge).
- The winner of the OtM Championship (to be based on a different game show each month) will receive 45 charges!!
This week’s Answers:
1) This is the level in which a hero obtains his first skill.
2) These are five of possible abilities of a Boss Monster.
3) This is what a hero likes to do best.
How he does it is anyone's guess.
It may be canceled upon your request,
But then he'll just find another ______.
4) Two levels ago, Hero A was twice the level of Hero B. If Hero B is currently level 10, then this is the current level of Hero A.
Congratulations to last week’s winner: Artsonian 庙 Who will challenge her in the very first OtM Championship? It could be you! See you in the forum! Good luck!
Famous HM Heroes This Week
|#763 GODVILLE TIMES Day 1002 g.e.
|Darmani - 63rd-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “☾ Then the moon drops ☾”, stands at the 148th position in the pantheon of destruction under the vigilant supervision of the goddess The Woodfall Moon . His dream is to master the “liana-eyebrows” skill and then offer lessons in exchange for gold bricks.
Member of the Week
Get to know a newer member of Harvest Moon! This week's guest is: GigglesMcGee
Evil’s just another word for nothing better to do...
- Q: How did you choose HM?
- A: I chose Harvest Moon because my hero couldn't hide his inner evil any more. Plus, the Dark Side always promises cookies so I couldn't say no.
- Q: Where does your hero hide his coin purse?
- A: He keeps it right on his belt, in a bag marked "Cursed- dispose at all costs". Strangely nobody ever seems to want his gold.
- Q: Name something(s) you and your hero have in common.
- A: We both love beer! Oh, and we're both soul-crushingly Eeeeevil!
- Q: What advice would you give another, newer player?
- A: Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive. Then you get resurrected and pick right up where you left off.
- Q: What toppings do you like on your kitten sammiches?
- A: I like to use kitten-bacon on my grilled cheese sandwiches, does that count?
- Q: Where would your hero go on their first date... assuming they ever get one?
- A: Since his only date will be with Destiny, To The Arena!! Possibly Beerburgh after.
What would you like to know about your Harvest Moon guild mates? Submit your questions to any member of the Weekly Harvest staff!
|Selling Evil Since Day 898 g.e.
|FREE: Kittens! The finest available. Professional chefs only, please. Call 1-EAT-MOR-KITY for info.
|LOST: My dignity. Suspect my hero absconded with it. Call 1-I'LL-GET-EVEN
|FOR SALE: Chinese finger trap. Dirt cheap, if you can get me out of it. 1-DIGITS-HURT
|MISSED CONNECTIONS: Me, the dastardly fellow with slightly scorched hair standing on end from lightning bolts. You, the gorgeous heroine with the puppy-blood stained boots. Would love to meet you over a penguin smoothie sometime, my treat.
|REWARD: for information leading to the recovery of a Deus ex machina, buried by my solar bear somewhere between Lost Adminos and Tradeburgh. 1-BAD-BAD-BEAR
Doctor Frank's Advice Corner
|Dear Dr. Frank,
My SO says I play Godville too much. I say I don’t play enough! (Only Hunter 2nd Rank for chrissakes!) Any way to resolve this?
Signed, Something’s gotta give
Dearest Unless your “SO” is your significant otter...
Put down the phone! Step away from the PC! Believe me, I completely understand the desire to know what your hero/ine is doing right now, but is that more important that your friends, family, and everything else? Okay, it may actually be more important than making nice with the in-laws or making goo-goo eyes at the neighbors newest kiddo, but if you want to stay in your relationship, Real Life comes first. I know that isn't what you want to hear, so here’s some work-arounds:
- Just finished off a Boss Monster? You can’t dig another one up for an hour. This is the perfect time to offer your SO a back rub or a foot massage. They can hardly complain about your GV habit when you’re doting on them between digs.
- Not big into digging, but can’t get enough of the arena? You can only fight once every four hours. Crush an opponent, then suggest date night! Four hours is more than enough time for dinner and a movie.
- Download the app on your phone if you can and haven’t already. You certainly don’t need to be staring at GV all the time if you have notifications set to alert you to the important events in your hero/ine’s life without it getting in the way of your life.
- Most of us have to work IRL. Unfortunately, we don’t get paid for playing GV (yet). Most of our bosses don’t think what’s happening in the Guild Council is as important as what’s happening at the job you actually get paid for. While you may disagree, a paycheck is practically essential to buying groceries (and charges), so put the phone away, alt+tab away from the GV screen on your computer and get your job done. Thankfully, once you have 50 gold bricks you have the Third Eye to tell you all the important things your hero did while you were slaving away to support your family (and your GV habit).
- The SO wants to take a vacation to some remote locale without an internet connection? Eeep! I know, I know. Deep breaths. You’ll be okay. Find a hero-sitter and go! GV will still be here when you return.
It is just a game! All things in moderation, my friend. You need to find a balance in your li- Whoa! Boss Monster! Gotta run!
No question is too great or too small! Submit your questions for Doctor Frank-n-furter to any member of the staff. No invites? Send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|New designs available at the HM store!
Check out the latest and greatest merchandise right here: http://www.cafepress.com/harvestmoonmerchandise. Want to show the world your love for your guild but don’t see anything that’s quite “you”? Let us know what you’d like to see and we’ll do our best to make it happen! New ideas are always welcome
|Speaking of new ideas...
Do you have ideas for the Weekly Harvest? Send them in!
All ideas, questions, stories and suggestions will be considered. All accepted submissions will receive credit as one of our staff writers. Send them in to any member of the paper staff or the Blood Council today!