How Does Guild Unity Work?
All for one and one for all! Live eviL!
The pantheon of unity is scored two ways, the first and most important is guild rank. The longer you're in a guild the more points your rank is worth. The second part is based on which actions are used: a “dark” guild will be mostly using Punish, a “bright” guild will be mostly using Encourage, and a “neutral” guild has members using a mixture of the two or a relatively equal number using one or the other.
If you wish to help your guild's unity ranking, follow that alignment of the guild. For example Harvest Moon is "dark," so Punish to beat monsters and/or melt bricks and use voice commands to heal if you need health. Blue Feather is "bright," so they should Encourage to heal and melt and use voice commands to strike monsters.
At Home with Bella Stewart
| Advice from the Mavin of the Macabre, the Mistress of Mystery, our very own Empress: Bellatrixie The Strange!
As we all should know, the end of the world is coming December 21! In that spirit, this week I'm offering some suggestions for bizarre behavior that evil gods and goddesses may wish to try just once before the lights go out forever. Just make sure you're alone where no one else can possibly catch you at it.
- Pink! Wear it, decorate with it, immerse yourself in it!
- Pet and snuggle that puppy before you kick it in half.
- Imbibe that strange concoction called a "soft drink". If you're really adventurous, try a Shirley Temple.
- Swap those horns for a halo. (WARNING: May cause severe headache and blurred vision)
- Eschew those kitten sammiches and go vegetarian.
- Let your opponent win in the arena. (Bonus: This will confuse and befuddle the rest of Godville)
- Befriend a monster and give HIM gold and an artifact.
- Let the newbies go ahead of you in line at the physician's.
- Bury yourself and let a mole dig you up.
- Use the Encourage button. (WARNING: Not for the faint of heart)
See you all at Harvest Moon's End of The World party! It's been great knowing you!
NEXT WEEK: What am I saying? There won't BE a next week!
Down in the dumps about your home or temple's decor? Send Bellatrixie the Strange (aka Bella Stewart) your questions directly or submit them to any member of the newspaper staff.
Get To Know a Deity
|Here we sit down weekly with a Harvest Moon warrior and find out what makes them tick. This week’s Deity is the inimitable HM matriarch: Etna 庙
- Q: What are your heroine's marketable skills?
- A: Knows how to revive her pet without divine intervention and makes crafty sacrifices to her goddess!
- Q: What GV pet would you like to have?
- A: All of you! Mwahahaha!
- Q: What color underwear are you wearing?
- A: Dark black, dark being key here ;)
- Q: Do you have any hidden talents?
- A: Nope, they are all public ;)
- Q: Do you get emotional using Encourage when in times of crisis?
- A: I feel like I just ate a rainbow... Not recommended at all...
If you have a burning question for Harvest Moon's Deities, please submit them to the staff. Thank you!
End Of The World Party!
The End of the World is upon us! It's all over on December 21, 2012 (956 g.e.) so we’re going to party like there’s no tomorrow! Join us for the big event on Thursday, 955 g.e. in the Harvest Moon guild hall (forum). There will be plenty of food (thanks to the fine efforts of the folks over at Godville’s Regiment and their friends), plenty to imbibe (Dark Flame and penguin smoothies for everyone!) and some terribly evil (and awesome) people to spend your last moments with. See you there!
Join us for the last party of, well... EVAR!
|Don’t forget to order your Harvest Moon Merchandise!
Yes, the world ends in two days, but that’s no excuse. Make a statement with your final moments! Show the world you love your guild even if none of us will be here to see it! Head on over to the shop before it’s too late! http://www.cafepress.com/harvestmoonmerchandise
Famous HM Heroes This Week
|#710 GODVILLE TIMES Day 949 g.e.
|Masselin - 72nd-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “Blood Moon Marauder ☾”, stands at the 141st position in the pantheon of savings under the vigilant supervision of the god Masse . He always wanted to fulfill a self-fulfilling prophecy, but never found the time.
- Eyewitnesses say that was Baws Banger spotted working in the Enhancement Room. Woohoo!
|#711 GODVILLE TIMES Day 950 g.e.
|Tiggy - 72nd-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “It's not fair .....”, stands at the 24th position in the pantheon of templehood under the vigilant supervision of the goddess Tiggilina . She was known to distribute counterfeit Godville invites during her youth.
|#712 GODVILLE TIMES Day 951 g.e.
- It's reported that Baws Banger can improve ideas even with the eyes closed.
|#713 GODVILLE TIMES Day 952 g.e.
|Giavanni - 57th-level adventurer, member of the Harvest Moon guild, with the motto “I hate your face!”, stands at the 93rd position in the pantheon of savings under the vigilant supervision of the god MIRV . He's asking someone to get a jackhammer and remove a sword from a stone and report the results via express mail.
Proximity - 35th-level adventurer, member of the Harvest Moon guild, with the motto “Sleeper of the Moon”, stands at the 114th position in the pantheon of gladiatorship under the vigilant supervision of the god Proxes . The hero has no distinctive features to date; however, he promises to get some before his next appearance.
|#714 GODVILLE TIMES Day 953 g.e.
- The simple god Tamm set a good example for others by both submitting and voting for ideas.
Member of the Week
Get to know a newer member of Harvest Moon! This week's guest is: Golden Condor
Golden Condor: Not just another pretty face.
- Q: How did you choose HM?
- A: I got into HM due to Palringo. Majority of whom I know there are from HM. Them being a funny bunch and me being an active gladiator, I decided to join.
- Q: Where does your heroine hide her coin purse?
- A: Most probably in her beak. It's pretty big.
- Q: Name some things that you and your heroine have in common.
- A: She's from sesame street and I always got to watch her when I was a kid.
- Q: What is your favorite voice command?
- A: Being in the arena most of my time, I just use a couple. “Hit, kick, attack, punch, strike, kill, smite!” or “Heal!” She doesn't like to hurt others so I try to fill her head with the first phrase and hope she goes ballistic. Heal, she understands just fine.
- Q: What toppings do you like on your kitten sammiches?
- A: Ummm... Bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, and blue cheese.
What would you like to know about your Harvest Moon guild mates? Submit your questions to any member of the Weekly Harvest staff!
|Selling Evil Since Day 898 g.e.
|Still Wanted: Only 97 friends to help me reach 1st Rank Coaching achievement. You made me ask again. I’m past begging. Don't make me threaten you. Call 1-866-SPAR-W-ME!
|Wanted: Classified ads for the Weekly Harvest. Submit them to any member of the paper’s staff. All are listed at the bottom of the page.
Doctor Frank's Advice Corner
|Dear Dr. Frank,
I’m currently in a temple race against a very formidable opponent. I’m ahead at the moment, but I know she can catch up at any time (because she’s really good at this.) How can I get bricks faster? I want to win! Scratch that, I will win! ...But any advice is much appreciated.
Signed, Why won’t she just give up?
Dearest “All I want for Christmas is my last two bricks,”
I’m sure whoever you’re currently-but-not-for-long outpacing is using the tried-and-true methods of blowing lots charges digging, fighting boss monsters, sending to arena (and winning) on a regular basis, and spamming influences while at the trader. Did you know it’s possible to make good progress without paying? Take your time! Really, what’s the rush? Building your temple is the largest of the readily-achievable goals in the game and once that’s done you’ve got... what? The pantheon of savings? Yay. Retirement. (Note: Sarcasm)
Why not give your ridiculously witty, charming and good looking rival (and your wallet) a break? Make sure you've set alerts to go off when your hero collects 3000 gold coins (melt!), arena every time you manage to have three charges and 100% god power, and dig after arena if you have the god power to do so. You really should take it easy. I’m sure your challenger won’t catch you.
No question is too great or too small! Submit your questions for Doctor Frank-n-furter to any member of the staff. No invites? Send them via email to email@example.com.