Voice Commands and When to Use Them
When is the best time to use voice commands?
Each voice command is different, some are best used during monster fights, some are best used between them while questing or searching for the right path. A few to use during fights are:
- smite, hit, attack
- heal, restore, rest,
- pray, offer, sacrifice, love
- cancel quest, abandon quest
In between fights, all of the above (other than the attack VCs) are useful. Others to be used while not fighting are:
- dig, gold, treasure
The difference between a voice command and action (Encourage/Punish) is that actions are more expensive (25% gp) but have a 75% chance of working, while a voice command is cheaper (5% gp ) and has 20% chance of working. Sometimes you can use 4-8 voice commands before one works. If you are looking to heal yourself during a fight or to kill a monster, I suggest using an action. Healing using VCs is best done between monster fights.
Final verdict: voice commands are cheaper, but you run the risk of gaining nothing. Use them wisely and you will be ok. Action as a last resort unless you are aiming for alignment.
Harvest Moon Elite
|The Tournament Of Champions is Underway!
|The Tournament of Champions is hosted by Harvest Moon and our guild allies and friends. While God of Tasty 庙畜 was thwarted by the random (and SBFH 庙畜), JmfC 庙畜 has made it through the first two rounds and will proudly represent Harvest Moon in the semi-finals Vs. V-vin 庙. Betting is now taking place in the Lucky God Casino Forum. I highly recommend laying all your chips down on JmfC 庙畜 as the next Champion of the TOC! Honor to HM and may the odds ever be in our favor...
Get To Know a Deity
|Here we sit down weekly with a Harvest Moon warrior and find out what makes them tick. This week's guest is Belteshazzar 庙畜
- Q: What is your favorite salty snack?
- A: Panda jerky. Any pickled endangered species will do in a pinch, though.
- Q: What are your hero's marketable skills?
- A: Darn good kisser, forgettable face, and a magic foot. Not to mention his abilities of selective obedience and masochistic outlook on danger.
- Q: What color underwear are you wearing?
- A: Underwear? IF I do, brown. Can never be too careful, eh? But if you keep playing your cards right, I'll let you find out firsthand.
- Q: Do you get emotional using Encourage when in times of crisis?
- A: Shoot, considering I was once a goody-god, I view the Encourage button as similar to an ex-girlfriend. Something I used to use, but now the mere thought of it makes me throw up in my mouth a little.
If you have a burning question for Harvest Moon's Deities, please submit them to the staff. Thank you!
|Alignment adjustments are now standard with any HM Spa treatment! Evil up while the gnomes give you a rub down.
No appointment necessary - walk-ins welcome!
Famous HM Heroes This Week
|#678 GODVILLE TIMES Day 915 g.e.
|Garwin - 58th-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, “Blood Moon Knight Smote© ”, stands at the 44th position in the pantheon of gladiatorship under the vigilant supervision of the Budapesties . He was known to distribute counterfeit Godville invites during his youth.
|#680 GODVILLE TIMES Day 917 g.e.
|Alisto - 60th-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “For Godville!”, stands at the 73rd position in the pantheon of taming under the vigilant supervision of the Alisto . He always wanted to look at the stars and connect all the dots, but never found the time.
Member of the Week
|New feature: Get to know a newer member of Harvest Moon! This week's guest is SirJiggles
- Q: How did you choose HM?
- A: Well, being number one in aggressiveness and popularity, the choice was obvious! :)
- Q: Where does your hero hide his coin purse?
- A: I believe he hides it in his boots of vulnerability. How he gets it all to fit still amazes me.
- Q: Name something(s) you and your hero have in common.
- A: Being stubborn, hands down. We both don't like being told what to do and how to it. For example, I asked him "quest faster" once and his response was, "LA LA LA LA LA Can't hear you, great one!"
- Q: What advice would you give a young player?
- A: My advice? Just have fun and watch the language, it's an all ages game.
- Q: What toppings do you like on your kitten sammiches?
- A: Nerds are definitely needed.... the candy of course.
What would you like to know about your Harvest Moon guild mates? Submit your questions to the staff!
|Selling Evil Since Day 898 g.e.
|FREE sample: Punish In A Bottle! Limited time offer! Call: 800-TRAIN-ME today!
|Lost: Looking for my lost pet avocado. Its green and looks like an avocado. If found, please contact me at 1-800-THAT-GUY.
|For Sale: 16 adorable kittens (warning… they bite). Call: 555-GOT-CLAW
|Looking for traps and torture devices listed on the Godville airport’s banned items list? We've got them all! No item too big or too explosive! Call 1-800-TERRORS for more information (Note: Please use a disposable phone).
|Missing: 7890 gold coins last seen at the tavern in Beerburgh. If found, call: 555-IMA-HERO
Doctor Frank's Advice Corner
|Dear Dr. Frank,
I’m going crazy here! My hero just doesn't listen! I've tried just about everything under the blood-red moon. Half of my charges have been spent on voice commands and punishment, and what do I get? A smart talking hero! Help! I’m desperate. At this point I might even have to... (gasp) Encourage!
Signed, Encouraged to punish
Dearest OMGR wut r u thnkng??,
You did not just use the "E" word! Perish the thought from your obviously stress-addled mind! The hero isn't listening to you? Speak more clearly! Do your Voice Commands have typos? Do they contain actual words the hero understands? Think of your hero like your pet... Yes, they know many more words than your average Significant Otter, but there are only a few words that trigger an actual effect. You can read all about the on the HM website! So, "E-to-P", next time I see one of your voices floating around, "r u def? plz stop spndng $$ on b00ze!" better not be it.
No question is too great or too small! Submit your questions for Doctor Frank-n-furter to any member of the staff or via email to email@example.com.